Nova Riata Disband

Will

17 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Please post screenshots of players threatening others in regards to real life stuff, @Uriah 'the Fox'.  I'd love to put those up for being hit too.

As it involves phone numbers and such I cant post a screenshot unless its heavily censored, but there was 1 incident that has been reported to Discord Safety & Trust (since we couldn't link it to a nation) regarding one of my members who's requesting to remain anonymous, I'm trying to prevent more dox attempts like this from happening and this was a major factor leading to my decision, among many, to disband Nova. I'm not letting my own pride lead to personal threats to people that want to remain loyal and stand for the innocent in our alliance. A line has been crossed here and shame on anyone who ever does this.

forumsign.PNG

You can easily remove the names and the phone numbers in a screenshot, you know? Don't even cross it out with paint or photoshop, just use a crop feature to leave a whitespace where the numbers and names occurred. And to prevent length guessing, you can also remove the timestamp as well.

I'm with @Buorhann on this one.

Let me be very clear. I stand by the statements I have made, and the requests I have put in, but if you find out who threatened your members, bring them to me. I will enjoy rolling them and chasing filth out of this game. Some things are inalienable; having the right to not being harassed and threatened by !@#$ in a browser based game is basic common sense. You find out who did this, you tell me. 

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Inst said:

You can easily remove the names and the phone numbers in a screenshot, you know? Don't even cross it out with paint or photoshop, just use a crop feature to leave a whitespace where the numbers and names occurred. And to prevent length guessing, you can also remove the timestamp as well.

I'll see if he can do that, the messages we're deleted by the guy who sent it so our guy used a program in Discord to report it but I have a screenshot of who it came from

unknown.png

forumsign.PNG

2 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Let me be very clear. I stand by the statements I have made, and the requests I have put in, but if you find out who threatened your members, bring them to me. I will enjoy rolling them and chasing filth out of this game. Some things are inalienable; having the right to not being harassed and threatened by !@#$ in a browser based game is a forgone agreement. You find out who did this, you tell me.

Think we can all agree that is completely unacceptable & take part rolling them. If this person somehow slipped & his Discord name could give a hint at who they are in PnW.

9 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Think we can all agree that is completely unacceptable & take part rolling them. If this person somehow slipped & his Discord name could give a hint at who they are in PnW.

Don't be ridiculous; threats and dox are well beyond any in-game considerations and must be dealt with by direct and conclusive administrative and possibly even legal action. Rolling isn't enough, it's not even remotely close to enough. Rolling is part of the game, it's part of playing the game and part of enjoying the game as it is meant to be enjoyed, which is no real punishment at all for anything outside the bounds of in-game politics and rivalries, which threats and doxxing absolutely are.

Now, of course it's fine to roll them anyway, at least while we can, but it's no subsitute for them being flatly banned from both P&W and Discord for terms of service violations at the very least.

Rolling is too good for actual legit criminals. Rolling is something we do to our opponents or our friends for fun's sake and it's mutually beneficial in that both participants have fun competing; toxicity and criminal action is a completely different animal and we shouldn't compare that to in-game activity of any sort, ever.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Don't be ridiculous; threats and dox are well beyond any in-game considerations and must be dealt with by direct and conclusive administrative and possibly even legal action. Rolling isn't enough, it's not even remotely close to enough. Rolling is part of the game, it's part of playing the game and part of enjoying the game as it is meant to be enjoyed, which is no real punishment at all for anything outside the bounds of in-game politics and rivalries, which threats and doxxing absolutely are.

Now, of course it's fine to roll them anyway, at least while we can, but it's no subsitute for them being flatly banned from both P&W and Discord for terms of service violations at the very least.

Rolling is too good for actual legit criminals. Rolling is something we do to our opponents or our friends for fun's sake and it's mutually beneficial in that both participants have fun competing; toxicity and criminal action is completely different.

Rolling would just be extra if their nation is around long enough for it. 

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Rolling would just be extra if their nation is around long enough for it. 

Sure, but I still have to object to the implication that war is a remedy for OOC actions, especially criminal actions. War isn't something that I want to see associated with such toxicity, is what I'm saying.

Just now, Sir Scarfalot said:

Sure, but I still have to object to the implication that war is a remedy for OOC actions, especially criminal actions. War isn't something that I want to see associated with such toxicity, is what I'm saying.

I agree the admin needs to take action & best case scenario the nation is banned before a bunch of people raid them & make a spectacle of it. So I agree there.

Although I also think these Nova nations have been demonized & punished enough considering they just unknowingly joined an alliance with a few cheaters in gov. So they’re free to join other alliances, if those with active wars want to finish them; that would be fair enough.

16 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

>makes conspiracy theories all day

>ThAnK gOd I'm NoT iNvEsTeD iN tHiS gAmE

It's not a conspiracy theory when it's true, is it? NR was dead the moment Akuryo posted that thread, but you seem to spend an awful amount of time trying to mitigate the damage in the worst way possible.

The sole consolation is that the amount Sheepy failed to touch ($50bn) is less than the damage certain alliances took in Knightfall.

I'm thinking of an old acquaintance talking about how nice some other game would be if everyone just ran multis.

4 minutes ago, Inst said:

It's not a conspiracy theory when it's true, is it? NR was dead the moment Akuryo posted that thread, but you seem to spend an awful amount of time trying to mitigate the damage in the worst way possible.

The sole consolation is that the amount Sheepy failed to touch ($50bn) is less than the damage certain alliances took in Knightfall.

I'm thinking of an old acquaintance talking about how nice some other game would be if everyone just ran multis.

I'm not even talking about NR. NR screwed up. It's good they got rolled. Great. 

I'm just talking about your endless conspiracy theories on the PnW server. Lmao

2 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Anyone really going to take the position of trying to prevent these nations mainly guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time from finding a new home; driving an entire alliance membership from the game? Those who weren't involved in the cheating I don't see reason alliances shouldn't take them.

We've offered places to several members of Nova in tCW but anyone can apply to join tCW if they so wish. 

1 hour ago, Uriah 'the Fox' said:

Snip

Sorry to see these !@#$s harassing your guys. Anyone that does this should be publicly shamed. Hope you're doing well Uriah, its sad to see this position you were put in.

18 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

No seriously its all part of Inst's plan to win the new Orbis 2020 award "Most insane forum poster".

Edited by Sphinx
typos
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Uriah 'the Fox' said:

I'll see if he can do that, the messages we're deleted by the guy who sent it so our guy used a program in Discord to report it but I have a screenshot of who it came from

unknown.png

If it's mobile, just take a screenshot, then edit it in PC.

21 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

Actually, I spam plane stats for the Chaos-KETOG war incessantly.

7 minutes ago, Windseeker said:

Wow

Does this mean Pantheon wins?

Pretty much, disbanding is pretty much a surrender in they’ve given up completely after the alliance was gutted, rolled & had its head cut off for good measure. Pantheon just had to keep fighting until total victory :P

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

1 hour ago, Windseeker said:

I can't help but just admire the immensely bizarre nature of this war and the circumstances that led up to a Pantheon victory lol

Hey, don't knock it, I've won like 3 alliance wars that way myself :P

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Please post screenshots of players threatening others in regards to real life stuff, @Uriah 'the Fox'.  I'd love to put those up for being hit too.

Yo almost all of Orbis stands by this share it and there will be hell to pay ya thought orbis ganged up on Nova wait for this shit