Food Required for City Planning

Daniel

The amount of food needed for the city planning project should be decreased to combat the massive inflation of food. Food has tripled in price in the past month and there is no sign of the price  falling or leveling out in the near future. If the city planning project required less food than it does now then the  food prices would fall or level out.

image.png.0c3ca58d4934a3f51343fb349d155d72.png 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

there is 713m food in circulation, already far too much, the prices are dictated by the users being willing to release their stock piles. There is also a war going on that has stopped production on some continents.

If you want the new wonders, and don't have a stockpile, you'll pay a premium until the early adopters are done.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The amount of food needed for the city planning project should be decreased to combat the massive inflation of food. Food has tripled in price in the past month and there is no sign of the price  falling or leveling out in the near future. If the city planning project required less food than it does now then the  food prices would fall or level out.

image.png.0c3ca58d4934a3f51343fb349d155d72.png 

The current price of food is mostly caused by the high amount of radiation that lowers food production. Let’s wait for radiation levels to return to normal.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

The price shock is from the radiation decreasing production. This has been a feature for some time now, so most people saw it coming. (My current signature is from when it was first added. IIRC, it was added in the middle of a war, so people didn't have time to prepare. A ton of new players couldn't afford food and their alliances were out.)

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

There's also the consideration that the whole point of adding the city planning projects was to artificially boost up the prices of resources, which were low in no small part due to Nova Riata dumping resources on the market as fast as they possibly could.

I dare say recent events call that whole line of logic into question. Did we really have a problem with the resource market, or was it merely a symptom of the resource duplication? And should the new projects remain the same price as they are, since their intent was to rebalance a problem that no longer requires addressing? And should we need to spend manufactured goods to run commerce buildings? yes to the last one

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, AwesomeNova said:

The current price of food is mostly caused by the high amount of radiation that lowers food production. Let’s wait for radiation levels to return to normal.

No it isn't, it's been at the 3x rate since the introduction of the new projects.

Yeah, there seems to have been an assumption with these projects that people would sell off the food or use it for the projects. I don't think it makes a lot of sense that people are expected to get 2.5m food for the Advanced one when it's close to being 500m on its own. It's a weird situation where the people who can drop 3.5m food without issue are the ones who won't benefit much from the 150m discount and it'd be surprising if Alex doesn't see the issue with how this project has turned out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Akuryo said:

No it isn't, it's been at the 3x rate since the introduction of the new projects.

You could be right. Food prices have been rising since the new projects were introduced, but they may be rising due to the increased consumption of food rather than the project. Think about it. Do you want to spend $500 million, as @Roquentin said, on two project that give less than half that on city cost discounts? Since many don’t want to buy two projects with mores costs than benefits, increase in food production can be contributed to increased food consumption.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The project is optional. If food is really expensive, people aren't going to buy food to build the project anyway.

I concur that the increase in prices is due to radiation effects.

1 minute ago, AwesomeNova said:

increase in food production can be contributed to increased food consumption.

This is a great point as well; the city age bonus change increased city population considerably for most players. This in turn is an increase in demand for food as it takes more to feed the increased population.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 6/2/2019 at 8:46 AM, Roquentin said:

Yeah, there seems to have been an assumption with these projects that people would sell off the food or use it for the projects. I don't think it makes a lot of sense that people are expected to get 2.5m food for the Advanced one when it's close to being 500m on its own. It's a weird situation where the people who can drop 3.5m food without issue are the ones who won't benefit much from the 150m discount and it'd be surprising if Alex doesn't see the issue with how this project has turned out.

If it doesn't make sense people won't get it and prices will stabilize.  And probably go down as people switch to food production.  And if people are sitting on food in spite of high prices, that's their loss.  Considering that it makes the next few cities almost free, I don't think the projects cost too much.

• Like 1
GnWq7CW.png

8 hours ago, Azaghul said:

If it doesn't make sense people won't get it and prices will stabilize.  And probably go down as people switch to food production.  And if people are sitting on food in spite of high prices, that's their loss.  Considering that it makes the next few cities almost free, I don't think the projects cost too much.

"Almost free"? Whatchu talkin about; it costs the cost of the project and the project slot, with all the potential benefits that could have been gained by having an economic project instead of a thing that sits around for weeks at a time. The ability to pay in terms of resources or cash is a workable option, but the opportunity cost of the slot alone is pretty hefty outside of whale situations (who benefit marginally at best anyway).

10 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

"Almost free"? Whatchu talkin about; it costs the cost of the project and the project slot, with all the potential benefits that could have been gained by having an economic project instead of a thing that sits around for weeks at a time. The ability to pay in terms of resources or cash is a workable option, but the opportunity cost of the slot alone is pretty hefty outside of whale situations (who benefit marginally at best anyway).

I didn't say the project was almost free.  I was talking about the next few cities after you buy each project.

GnWq7CW.png

5 hours ago, Azaghul said:

I didn't say the project was almost free.  I was talking about the next few cities after you buy each project.

There's a difference between a discount and paying in a different manner; the cities are cheaper in cash but cost more in terms of the projects themselves and all the potential benefits that could have been gained by instead building a productive project. That's what I was talking about

Whole point was to create something expensive with resources to boost prices and such. With the war it’s not worthwhile, although alliances who buy there members up in cities save on it after 4-5 cities even with Food expensive & radiation cutting production down atm.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

4 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

There's a difference between a discount and paying in a different manner; the cities are cheaper in cash but cost more in terms of the projects themselves and all the potential benefits that could have been gained by instead building a productive project. That's what I was talking about

War time and the news about NR + after alex deleted some stuff we saw another increase.  we have many factors at play here now.

• Upvote 1
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif