5/31/2019 - Resource Duplication Bug Fix

Alex

Props to that guy coming forward with that.

12 minutes ago, Seb said:

I would also like the resources that Nova gov member took when he ran off to Not A Scam Credit Union LLC . There is no way of knowing if those are legit resources or just part of the spawn. So even if Nova Riata as an entity is not holding on to it. An ex Nova Riata gov member did run away with it and is going to benefit of it even after knowing of this matter.

If you know of a cheat and still decide to take a cut of it, that makes you an accesory and part of the cheat itself. Maybe not something as harsh as banning the guy because besides having the rss on him, he didn't get any benefit as far as I know. But definately also delete those.

The bank stolen wasn't even that large, I wouldn't bother lifting a torch for that.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Props to that guy coming forward with that.

The bank stolen wasn't even that large, I wouldn't bother lifting a torch for that.

it was over 1 billion of spawned resources and money got from spawned resources. The amount generated doesn't matter, having done so through cheating does. So that should also be deleted if you truly want to be fair to the community.

Those resources weren't bought by someone else with legally obtained money or anything of the sort. It was part of the spawned and cheated ill gotten rss.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Additionally, a potential pooball multi https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=116741 which was a member of TKR was banned. Previously, this nation and the pooball nation had been independently Verified. However, this nation received funds directly from the Nova Riata bank, and I find it highly likely that even if these two players were brothers, the brother would have been told IRL about the cheating and would have been complicit with the exploit.

Dread it

Run from it

Justice still arrives

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Money and or rss gotten by cheating should be deleted.  Along with anything that was bought with illicit money. It is unfair to the rest of us that have stayed within the rules and have been playing this game for years.

• Upvote 4

Legal Disclaimer:

My opinions do not necessarily reflect of the opinions of my alliance, allies, enemies or neutrals.

1 hour ago, Seb said:

it was over 1 billion of spawned resources and money got from spawned resources. The amount generated doesn't matter, having done so through cheating does. So that should also be deleted if you truly want to be fair to the community.

Those resources weren't bought by someone else with legally obtained money or anything of the sort. It was part of the spawned and cheated ill gotten rss.

Agreed with Seb and the others calling this out.  Got to take a firm stand on these things to discourage further cheating in the future.

• Upvote 4

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

@Alex could you please look in to Njord who stole resources from Nova and then put it all in Fraggles nation, As i am sure you agree no one should benefit from them.

If you look at Njord trades, it would seem he knew about it.
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=151731&display=trade
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=151731&display=bank

Hope the resources Fraggle has are removed and the above nation is punished. 

Forgot to add in the bank logs from nova he got two cities and moved large amounts of cash

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson

2 minutes ago, Inst said:

Funny that the nation in question was already nationstruck.

but not the 1 billion he took with him... I lose 2 cities worth 300m out of a cheat but gain 1b, tell me where to sign.

Edited by Seb
  • Haha 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 minutes ago, Seb said:

but not the 1 billion he took with him... I lose 2 cities worth 300m out of a cheat but gain 1b, tell me where to sign.

Nova has a join here button, will see if i can find it lol

Fraggle is an ex-NR member. She joined briefly a while back, and may be holding substantial parts of Poo's stash. We can't touch her because, first, the stash is in alliance bank, second, Fraggle has shittons of nukes.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Inst said:

Fraggle is an ex-NR member. She joined briefly a while back, and may be holding substantial parts of Poo's stash. We can't touch her because, first, the stash is in alliance bank, second, Fraggle has shittons of nukes.

we, the community can't touch that stash, but Alex will take care of it I am sure.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
7 minutes ago, Inst said:

nukes do run out, as im sure we all know :)

29 minutes ago, Micchan said:

@Alex some people noticed that Nova players did things like 2 nuclear attacks in the same day in the same war or 5 ground attacks in a row, did you checked that?

Same principle would apply, I believe. Submit an action twice at the exact same second, and you can allow the server to process the same action twice simultaneously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=113037&display=trade

Think you will find this nation also had gotten about 600m from those who was running the scam, he claims he didnt know and that he earned that cash? @Alex seems a lot of people are still out there 

Hi Elijah - we've done our due diligence on Ryan. The 620m was part of a joining gift for a new city that new NR members typically got when signing up for a higher tax rate (at least this is according to Pooball). That being said, Ryan was also being poached by Pooball so this was likely more of a bribe than a standard gift.

Regardless, we're happy that Ryan was, as most Nova members were, blissfully unaware of the potential source of the money.

If Alex concludes that all of Nova's payments after a certain date (much earlier than the 4/28 currently being mentioned) were due to cheating, then so be it and Ryan, among others, will be hit by a reversal. I'd be hesitant to assume all of Nova's grants/growth were financed through cheating (especially with 100/50 tax rates), but I'm not the one investigating the bugs and culpability of various people.

Useful to recognise that we're going down a slippery slope if you suggest all people who've ever received funds or sweetheart deals from Pooball were the beneficiaries of cheating and you risk penalising people who have truly paid into the system. This is especially true before the date designated by Alex (4/28).

4 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

nukes do run out, as im sure we all know :)

It would take a around half a year with 24/7 all defensive slots filled on Fraggle before she ran out.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

From what I understand Pooball let Alex know about the bug, and he said "Na there is no bug",  so Pooball should be unbanned, and let the Orbis community decide rather or not his nation can survive on Orbis. 

Edited by Clemson
clarity
  • Downvote 7

Ah yes I remember the time that Terradoxia got slammed as a whole for an exploit that only a couple knew about. Glad to see the mob mentality hasn't changed. I truly believe some people just have to have a reason to complain. He removed the ones that can be linked to the exploit, he told everyone there was one, I'm assuming he fixed it and now it's time to move on instead of going on some witch hunt like what happened to Terradoxia.

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

Guest Zephyr
11 hours ago, Micchan said:

@Alex some people noticed that Nova players did things like 2 nuclear attacks in the same day in the same war or 5 ground attacks in a row, did you checked that?

I got nuked thrice in 1 minute by a Nova Riata member during Knightfall https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=51519, reducing resistance thrice. Neat trick.

JpR9Vj.png&key=6ed62d7fb72e9c75d170308be

44 minutes ago, Nexa said:

Nope that’s my re roll.

Also can people please stop embargoing me I clearly didn’t knowingly cheat because I haven’t been banned. I even re rolled my nation to completely remove any chances of my old nation being assisted by any cheated money 19 cities of this nation were not bought my Nova but I got rid of them anyway out of guilt for not spotting the cheating. This witch hunt is disappointing and honestly makes me not want to be part of this community anymore.

Edited by Beans98
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I got nuked thrice in 1 minute by a Nova Riata member during Knightfall https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=51519, reducing resistance thrice. Neat trick.

When he was faced with a ban he wanted to cooperate, Guess he didn't think anyone caught him doing a nuke exploit.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

22 hours ago, Alex said:

For transparency, I did receive this message:

image.png

And will be deleting an additional 2 of their cities at this time as well.

7 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Lmfao, so much for coming clean.

• Upvote 2

• Jax locked this topic