5/31/2019 - Resource Duplication Bug Fix

Alex

Just now, Machiavelli said:

There's a lot of people upset about the lack of punishment in here.

Why don't you all band together and roll them? I mean there's easily enough of you to do huge damage, and you get to war; it's win-win

That's exactly what they'll do. Not sure why you felt a need to say this. Anyone whose been around long enough or read the wiki knows how this ends. Cheating like this is generally viewed like unforgivable family dishonor by the community. Alex can only go so far with the evidence he's given, and so it always falls to the 'family' to finish it themselves.

Don't know when it'll start but i'd expect it's already being planned.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I do believe it's a really hard exploit to pull off. I spent a lot of time this morning trying to do it consistently myself and was unsuccessful.

Alex is cheating, I'm reporting you for creating multis and exploiting bugs.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Vack said:

There's no straightforward or clean way to resolve this, so I understand Alex's hesitation to do anything more punitive. However, fact remains that a bunch of people have benefited from the exploit. This cheat, either by design or by accident, may well have emboldened NR to hit Panth, and it's benefiting them against KETOG. Imo something more has to be done, deleting some NR cities or some of their bank equivalent to what they received from the cheat.

Yeah what about the Panth members who massively lost out due to this bug??

• Upvote 1

Ah hell. I compared them to Enron and now their leaders face more or less no punishment.

Pooball after buying up an extremely large portion of the market claiming he is using 100/100% more efficiently than dozens of other alliances who also do that:

Pa-WEnron1.png

• Upvote 3

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

11 minutes ago, Zygon said:

Good god, thanks for your work Alex. 

He did nothing but pull the trigger after extensive investigations and multiple reports from players.

• Haha 1

Love you

Stop demanding the resources get deleted or anything too severe, you lack to forget NR had a large reach and sold everywhere, therefore everybody would lose, this would also inflate the prices of everything, since less resources, not to mention with the update Alex has added to inflate the market world-wide we'd have an all time high in price. There's also the fact that there'd be a lack of resources from the burning happening between KTOG and CHAOS.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 19

Just now, Gatorcock said:

Stop demanding the resources get deleted or anything too severe, you lack to forget NR had a large reach and sold everywhere, therefore everybody would lose, this would also inflate the prices of everything, since less resources, not to mention with the update Alex has added to inflate the market world-wide we'd have an all time high in price. There's also the fact that there'd be a lack of resources from the burning happening between KTOG and CHAOS.

The last statement I don't think is true.  There was already a glut of resources in the game.  Now there's a bigger one that alliances will have to burn through.

7 minutes ago, Gatorcock said:

What? Forget about the resources. "Anything too severe"? They added billions worth of resources to the market. Everyone knows they cheated. This comes off as a bullshit defense of their actions. KETOG/Chaos war did jackshit compared to the resources he spawned in. Delete their leadership's cities at the very least.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 4

Guest Curufinwe
17 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don't disagree with you, but I don't really have any proof that anyone was knowingly exploiting a bug except for the guy who actually did exploit the bug, who has since deleted all of his nations (except the Dog1 account linked above.)

I am trying to be fair to the average members of Nova Riata who very likely did benefit from this exploit but did so unknowingly. As I stated above, I do believe pooball and The North 14 were most intimately involved, but I still do not feel comfortable punishing them without further evidence they were intentionally abusing the bug for their own benefit.

So next time someone figures out an exploit, we should just refrain from asking for any details, slap the money in a bank AA and build everyone in gov up to 27 cities in a couple of months, secure in the knowledge that there won't be any consequences for accepting illegally generated funds?  It's nice that you deleted the bank AA and all, but how about you correct the unfair advantage Nova members got as a result of the glitch too?  Because now all you're doing is removing the resources they didn't manage to launder through the market before they got caught, rather than all the cities they purchased as a result of their proceeds.  That's unfair to everyone who doesn't actively game the system, knowingly or not, and rewards the people who engaged in bad behaviour.

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

The last statement I don't think is true.  There was already a glut of resources in the game.  Now there's a bigger one that alliances will have to burn through.

MORE WAR!!!  Bring it on KETOG :v

• Haha 1

After chatting with some of the Nova gov it has become clear that the people receiving money didn't know where it came from, however I find it impossible for government especially econ gov to not notice where this money was coming from. Especially when they gave billions of dollars away. I think that at least some of the gov was guilty, especially poo bear and north 14 should be looked into more, as for the people who got money from this, I don't think it is unreasonable to take away everything they gained from it. Otherwise it is unfair for an alliance to gain billions in cities and stuff. Clearly this exploit was abused by at least 1 person, but I can't help but find it hard to believe that this person would deposit this money into the bank without being told to do so. Does that seem strange to anyone else? 

@Filmore

The whole alliance should be punished if they keep that up, their practically rubbing it in others faces. If Nova don't face some form of punishment akin to Terradoxia then who's to say that they won't do this again if they find some other bug to exploit. 

Edited by Sphinx
typo (Again...)
  • Upvote 1

• Jax locked this topic