ANN - Ghost Ships and Magic Treasure!

Zei-Sakura Alsainn

5 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

DependableVigilantHypsilophodon-max-1mb.

giphy.gif

Hahahahah.

For the record, it could be that the :49 second timestamp made the game do this twice, but given the nature of the subject-matter, the fact that I've launched attacks in less than 1 s gaps  like this and never got such results, and this guy's history.... yeah.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Like 1

Will the TKR world police stand for this injustice?

Will Soup Kitchen still stand by this stalwart ally?

I don't know, Don't care, NR is giving me easy stats.

• Like 1

settradirect.png

57 minutes ago, pooball said:

I'm not going to be making to much of a comment here but want to make some things clear. NR runs 100% taxes for any members who want to grow to city 20. This obviously brings in alot of money so that's how alot of nations have been able to grow faster then normal. 

100% taxes equates to 200b, that works perfectly.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg.fbc26d7ec296aa3b615d40ddeeac167e.jpg

Edited by Skepta
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

we just growin rn fam

Also:

image0.jpg?width=1026&height=400

Have fun with the 5 ground attacks under 1 minute lol.

EDIT: Some people have told me the nations don't exist and thus the screenshots can't be proven, but fear not, Glorious Leader and Stat-padder Extraordinnaire @Frawley saves wars and attacks.

unknown.png?width=1026&height=415

Note the timestamp. 5 ground attacks were launched in one war between 12:40:30 and 12:41:01. This should literally be impossible.

There was a similar bug on test server and guess what.....it was done by a nova guy there:
unknown.png
unknown.png

Once, it is a bug. Twice it isnt. Found this in #bug-report in PnW server. But as always, there was silence from Alex

• Upvote 4

What I also find incredible is how Nova's high gov abused this for themselves, building up to 20+ cities while the majority of their alliance sits around 13. Way to spread that 200 billion in cheated wealth! Oh but yeah, Nova's government had no idea this was going on, they were just finding the billions of dollars for them to build cities in their alliance bank. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

Just now, ShadyAssassin said:

There was a similar bug on test server and guess what.....it was done by a nova guy there:
unknown.png
unknown.png

Once, it is a bug. Twice it isnt. Found this in #bug-report in PnW server. But as always, there was silence from Alex

Yup.

It's why I'm hesitant to label it a blatant display of exploiting the game, but the player's history definitely lends some credence to the theory. That said, I don't see any other display of this happening, so might just be them getting very, very lucky.

• Haha 1

Guest Frawley
2 hours ago, Dio Brando said:

As far as profiting off this goes, however, anyone who has bought these resources was 'complicit

We bought a good chunk at market - 100 from various brokers until we tracked it down too. Calling all buyers complicit is a stretch. 

That said I'm not opposed to drastic action to restore game confidence.

bullet_blue.png04/22 03:37 pm - founded a new city, Beans 23.
bullet_blue.png04/12 01:25 am - founded a new city, Pooball is Sugary.
bullet_blue.png04/11 02:49 pm - Jim Bean built a new project: Nuclear Research Facility
bullet_blue.png04/11 02:42 pm - founded a new city, Sugar Daddy.
bullet_blue.png04/01 02:11 pm - founded a new city, Chickpea City.
bullet_blue.png03/19 06:40 pm - founded a new city, Fava Favella.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Frawley said:

We bought a good chunk at market - 100 from various brokers until we tracked it down too. Calling all buyers complicit is a stretch. 

55 day roll back?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, pooball said:

snip

I don't think Nova members need to be punished. Just Nova's bank being wiped and all gov being reset to one city and their Inventory wiped would suffice. 100/100 taxes wouldn't get you close to the amounts you have mate, so I know you guys are panicking but in times like this you're just digging a deeper ditch when you try and lie. For your own sake I hope its true and that it was in-fact a bug from the game and not an exploit someone in Nova took advantage of, but again as an alliance leader you can't be thick enough to be so oblivious to hundreds of billions of resources suddenly appearing out of nowhere and then proceed to sell and use said resources for over a month at least. Its clearly one of two outcomes mate, either your lying to save your skin, or if your are telling the truth then your dumbest man on the planet.

2 minutes ago, ShadyAssassin said:

IN B4 Alex hires Nova to be his bug testing team

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Matthew The Great said:

fricking messing around with mah fricking economy. This calls for war. O wait. 

Wheeee

Send Nova feet pics for peace.

Me. That was me. The Frick Lord. ? Did that when I was Honey Monster. 

Good stuff here ? ever since looking into NR when I released that BoC piece and how defensive everyone got of NR from the Chaos and Rose side, shit just seemed suspicious, but I don't give a frick to check anything out.  That's what y'all nerds are for. 

I can say that I have personally remember buying and selling low market rss from NR. I remember thinking, why the frick these !@#$s selling so low? 

• Haha 1

Guest Frawley
4 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

55 day roll back?

I think a rollback is overkill, delete the cheaters and those who received the ultimate benefit, the game absorbed the resources and cash as a 'free market' does.

17 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

55 day roll back?

Why punish others and ruin their experience just for the sins of others? Nova is the one in question any punishment should be squarely on their shoulders. 

Edited by Sphinx
typo
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Frawley said:

Hence the quotation marks around the word complicit. The point is, not everyone who profited off this was complicit, it's just the nature of the beast when such a large volume of resources is released into the market at such low rates; everyone will buy them, everyone will profit.

Guest Frawley

Also the 100/100 thing is stupid.  I track the total income of the game, and it would take 13 days for the entire game to generate 205b let alone a single alliance. It would take the NPO almost a year and we are a sizable alliance compared to NR.

A rollback one of two days would be reasonable in some cases but fifty five days is absurd. The facilitator's of this should be banned, all Nova nations should be set back several cities because they all benefited. Remove a share of all resources in the game to balance, except from my nation because I definitely did not buy from Nova :) 

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

12 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Why punish others and ruin their experience just for the sins of others? Nova is one in question any punishment should be squarely on their shoulders. 

Punishment is almost beside the point now. The two most pressing concerns are:

1) Getting rid of as much of the illegally spawned assets (resources, cash they were sold for, and cities/infrastructure/improvements/projects that were bought with said cash and resources) as possible

2) Removing the exploit that made all of this possible in the first place to ensure it doesn't happen again

If people were able to do this for weeks, if not months, and be caught primarily because of their stupidity and arrogance, not their failure as "hackers" (for lack of a better word), do you really think deleting or zeroing out their nations will matter to them? If the perpetrators are able to do this again, even on a smaller scale, they can replace any losses from moderation with further gains from cheating.

11 minutes ago, Frawley said:

Also the 100/100 thing is stupid.  I track the total income of the game, and it would take 13 days for the entire game to generate 205b let alone a single alliance. It would take the NPO almost a year and we are a sizable alliance compared to NR.

Anyone can look in Shadow's Alliance Leaderboards thread and check the alliance GDPs. It's not perfect, but it does show that 100/100 taxes isn't economic magic. It changes the default place where produced resources and cash are stored from individual nations to alliance banks; it doesn't have any direct effect on production.

Edited by Edward I

3 minutes ago, Edward I said:

2) Removing the exploit that made all of this possible in the first place to ensure it doesn't happen again

If people were able to do this for weeks, if not months, and be caught primarily because of their stupidity and arrogance, not their failure as "hackers" (for lack of a better word), do you really think deleting or zeroing out their nations will matter to them? If the perpetrators are able to do this again, even on a smaller scale, they can replace any losses from moderation with further gains from cheating.

Alex and the mod team better come up with a solution and a fix fast. The more information I learn about this, the lower my trust and competence in them drops. If this was heavily abused by Nova Riata for months before we finally had enough proof to bring it to Alex's attention, even though he has access to all the resource numbers, just imagine how many other nations or alliances are abusing this on a smaller scale. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

People still don't get it.  Not once has NR bank had 206 billion in cash/rss. I've not once said the people didn't cheat. What I'm saying is we didn't know where it was all coming from and so reported it myself. Clearly its wrong and I'm waiting for Alex to reply so I ca. Give more details. 

• Downvote 19