ANN - Ghost Ships and Magic Treasure!

Zei-Sakura Alsainn

13 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Boy this thread went downhill while I was asleep.

Pretty sure it wasn't just this thread, either. Pouring kerosene on the fire is fun.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

past nr econ
18 cities 100 days
??

18 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Amount spawned was ~200bn and the war has destroyed 150bn in wealth so far.

aa8c2f45a3570827cfa39ebf5a20df48.png

obviously the whole world should war then since admin is wanting us to correct this our selves ?
economics with explosions

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Amount spawned was ~200bn and the war has destroyed 150bn in wealth so far.

aa8c2f45a3570827cfa39ebf5a20df48.png

Yeah, but the damage done in this war is almost entirely taken out of honest alliances' warchests and builds, both from KETOG and the honest alliances of Chaos Bloc. We can't add the damage done to honest players into the accounting of how much cheated resources has been removed from the game; that's crazy.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

9 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Yeah, but the damage done in this war is almost entirely taken out of honest alliances' warchests and builds, both from KETOG and the honest alliances of Chaos Bloc. We can't add the damage done to honest players into the accounting of how much cheated resources has been removed from the game; that's crazy.

I was making the case against a rollback which would be considerably worse. Given a rollback isn't happening its a moot point.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

15 hours ago, CapnFahQ said:

Greetings friends!

I just want everyone to know I did my part. While I was not aware of any wrong doing in my time at Nova, I felt the community would rest easier knowing that some of their wealth has been seized by operatives of Not A Scam LLC. and will be put towards building a successful, community oriented trading group. Stay tuned for details!

(don't worry, I changed it from Nation to Alliance before I sent it)

To my friends at Nova - I am sorry, but you got Fraggled.
I also want Orbis to know that I'm quite sure 99% of Nova had no idea this was going on, including the high gov. Our offshores and such were not discussed. Please go easy on them. 

unknown.png

those resources and money should be confiscated by Alex and deleted. @Alex It would only be fair.

Otherwise, some players will still profit from the scam and compromise fair play.

Edited by Seb

49 minutes ago, Seb said:

those resources and money should be confiscated by Alex and deleted. @Alex It would only be fair.

Otherwise, some players will still profit from the scam and compromise fair play.

I figured it all being spent on nukes was the next best thing to deleting them lol (also these RSS were mostly from the TF merger, I'm not sure how much if any would be from the exploit. Fact is there is probably tons of RSS floating around out there as a result of this.

Edited by CapnFahQ

19 minutes ago, CapnFahQ said:

I figured it all being spent on nukes was the next best thing to deleting them lol (also these RSS were mostly from the TF merger, I'm not sure how much if any would be from the exploit. Fact is there is probably tons of RSS floating around out there as a result of this.

You said that those resources will be pooled towards a trading group. Now you say that it will be used for nukes. Make up your mind.

Not all those resources (if you know what resources are required to make nukes) can be used to make nukes anyways.

7 minutes ago, Euphorical said:

You said that those resources will be pooled towards a trading group. Now you say that it will be used for nukes. Make up your mind.

Not all those resources (if you know what resources are required to make nukes) can be used to make nukes anyways.

You think I'm ever going to get access to any of that stuff? Trust me, no matter what my plans were for those RSS they are all fuel for Fraggle nukes  now.  If you  are concerned about RSS on the market we should probably ask Alex  to just remove about 1/3 of everyones RSS from all banks. I'm good with that. It's the only  way to ensure all those dirty dirty tainted goods are gone seeing as all of Orbis has traded them. 

Edited by CapnFahQ

2 minutes ago, CapnFahQ said:

You think I'm ever going to get access to any of that stuff? Trust me, no matter what my plans were for those RSS they are all fuel for Fraggle nukes  now.  

In any case, I agree with Seb that these resources should be deleted by Alex. You should have made them disappear from the face of Orbis if you really wanted to proclaim that you did something for the community.

34 minutes ago, Euphorical said:

In any case, I agree with Seb that these resources should be deleted by Alex. You should have made them disappear from the face of Orbis if you really wanted to proclaim that you did something for the community.

Why these resources in particular may I ask? Because I stole them,  or because they were in Nova bank? (This isn't from the offshore, that may be where the  confusion lies)  1/3 of the whole market is illegitimate from what I'm hearing, and 95% of the stuff I took was from the TF merge so had nothing to do with it. If Alex felt Nova's AA bank had stuff in it directlyfrom the exploit he would have removed them.  He's been pretty thorough with removing cities and projects and RSS so far from  what I can gather.

Everything went to a better place. 

Stop ruining my scam. If you are serious about removing  tainted goods, than you better recommend a rollback.  Because witch hunting individuals for  their RSS won't work  - this is already being  used as a political tool to take out competitors. If you want this stuff removed, ask for the  rollback (cause the AA bank was way more stocked a month ago if I was fast I could get at  least 1b lol!)

Edited by CapnFahQ

8 hours ago, CapnFahQ said:

Why these resources in particular may I ask? Because I stole them,  or because they were in Nova bank? (This isn't from the offshore, that may be where the  confusion lies)  1/3 of the whole market is illegitimate from what I'm hearing, and 95% of the stuff I took was from the TF merge so had nothing to do with it. If Alex felt Nova's AA bank had stuff in it directlyfrom the exploit he would have removed them.  He's been pretty thorough with removing cities and projects and RSS so far from  what I can gather.

Everything went to a better place. 

Stop ruining my scam. If you are serious about removing  tainted goods, than you better recommend a rollback.  Because witch hunting individuals for  their RSS won't work  - this is already being  used as a political tool to take out competitors. If you want this stuff removed, ask for the  rollback (cause the AA bank was way more stocked a month ago if I was fast I could get at  least 1b lol!)

No, my main concern is actually that you are trying to use potentially illegitimate resources for 'legitimate reasons', which does not make them legitimate. Besides, since you said these belong to TF, you are no different from those who stole their alliance bank.

11 hours ago, Euphorical said:

No, my main concern is actually that you are trying to use potentially illegitimate resources for 'legitimate reasons', which does not make them legitimate. Besides, since you said these belong to TF, you are no different from those who stole their alliance bank.

So you support the rollback then? Yeah no question here I stole it. Should we go trough trades of everyone in the game who got RSS from a Nova member/aa bank and remove them? Is that what you are suggesting? Your RSS are "potentially" illegitimate as well you know that right?

Not possible - you need to push for a rollback if you want the tainted RSS off the market. 

Edited by CapnFahQ

I only support a rollback to where the benefitting nations where at before 28 April or way before that if Alex finds incriminating evidence that NR had been generating resources way before 28 April albeit small amounts. You can't expect all the resources to be deleted - we can only make do with what is available. But you made it less available to Alex for deletion now. It should have been contained in NR's bank first. Ultimately Alex should also have froze NR's bank.

Whatever, it only matters that sending the resources away to Fraggle doesn't help the community in any way I guess.

Edited by Euphorical

Hi, Poo.

I do not agree with your actions. I don't think I ever will. I don't know how much of what you have attempted to tell us is true, what is false and what is not, but if even half of that which Nizam has relayed is true, I think I can understand why you did it. It does not make it any better, but it helps rationalize it more than just, "You were a greedy bastard". There were inconsistencies in how you spawned those resources, as well as how you used them, and I am not sure whether you apparently using them to keep your members happy is a good thing, or something that makes this situation worse. You could have stopped when you recovered the losses (I sincerely doubt your members invested amounts exceeding $200bn, to pretend otherwise is complete and utter bullshit), but you didn't. That was greed.

I am sad that an alliance, which by all other means was doing well for itself, has to be erased from Orbis' map because of the poor decisions made by leadership, and to some extent I can relate (lol). I have seen many people on offsite properties as well as the forum clamoring for 'justice'; I don't think anyone will readily forgive you. Some will never forgive you. Most will never forget. But your membership doesn't deserve to take the brunt of your actions. Collective responsibility was completed when their cities were deleted, their alliance effectively disbanded, and their remaining membership was rolled to dust, left without protector or ally.

Justice is more than just the introduction of negative consequences that seek to punish - justice implies a greater sense for good. Our goal must be to prevent, and to restore. I won't fault people for not taking your members in, I know I would be suspicious - perhaps even to the point where I refuse to admit them in my alliance. I have been approached by people throughout yesterday (it is 2:42 AM for me at the moment) inquiring about certain players' activities, in which I've done my best to allow cases of admission to be made for each of them. I hope Nova's community, which comprises first of its people, not of its leaders, neither its bank, nor its alliance proper is able to recover and find new homes to continue playing this game, and that this serves as a lesson for others to not indulge cheating and cheaters, no matter how bad the situation looks.

As for Blink, that is an unfortunate situation that rests beyond our control, both as a product of negligence on behalf of you both and ill-thought decisions made on both sides, ours and yours. I hope one day the prospect of him coming back will be entertained.

Close the chapter. Restore. Move on.

Farewell Pooball, take care in the realm beyond the Great Server.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

I would also like to add that Blink did not know about this even if we are brothers, He 100% would have made me not do it or even reported me. I dont expect any favours from anyone but he really should not be banned. I will stick around on Discord for a few days if anyone wants to talk to me."

If there is no proof showing Blink's involvement, then I believe this, Blink has always been a good boi and I too think he'd call Pooball out.

I prefer if he was unbanned as well.

• Upvote 4

Is there proof Pooball reported this to Alex back during knightfall and nothing was done? I'd like to see screenshots of that

EDIT: There is a screenshot of Poo reporting it to Alex regarding nuking someone twice by clicking on two laptops at the same time in the RON discord, Poo claims it was the same exploit he used to spawn the money

Edited by Viselli

gg-fu-banner.png

6 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Meh.

I'm not saying this justifies what pooball did at all, he should stay banned. But if it was reported back then it might be possible to track down others. For example I know that TKR had a member beiged twice by the same person, meaning they looted the bank twice for one war, back during Knightfall.

gg-fu-banner.png