ANN - Ghost Ships and Magic Treasure!

Zei-Sakura Alsainn

Well, I've read all the posts here and talked to a few people here and there, and yeah, a rollback would be damaging to the stability of the game, but doing nothing would be just as damaging

The cheaters, the ones who actually abused the exploit, should be undoubtedly banned and deleted so the unused hacked resources disappear with them

The players who got directly helped in an extraordinary way, like getting 10 cities or less but expensive cities, could be rolled back to before the incident, or rerolled/deleted

The members who got to city 10, or just small benefits from cheat money, could have their warchest deleted or enough money/resource = to the benefit as a penalty for being benefitted by cheat money, even if they were unaware about it. Another possibility is just deleting NR's bank.

What's been traded and is already impregnated in PnW's economy, like Frawley said, would even out naturally through free market, but also would be too much work to delete every single resource that was spawned in.

I wasn't a player when this happened the last time, but by what everyone is talking about, the game survived and went on, so I believe this won't kill it

Anyways, the Soup is Hot! And cheating is Not.

Edited by Dreki
Gramatical errors, sry, english isn't my first language :P
  • Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Cosme12 said:

Reroll incoming? Can we spend everything in lotto?

Time to blow everything on Keno!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

~*HannaH*~

The Knights Radiant

Ghostblood Babsk

17 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

A rollback without even figuring out how they duped resources (if that is what happened) seems kind of pointless.

Yes. A perfect fix to the exploit unaccompanied by a removal of resources on the same scale as they were illicitly introduced - via a rollback or another mechanism - would also be half a solution.

For those of who who have already reached out to me, thank you. I appreciate you doing so. In the interest of transparency and keeping the community in the loop, I thought I'd comment here as well.

When we were presented this information shortly before it was released, both myself and Pooh reached out to Alex with it and any other information we thought relevant. We at TKR don't condone cheating/exploiting of defects and are doing everything we can to support Alex's current investigation. Upon completion of the investigation, we will take appropriate action regarding those individuals and/or alliances involved. If anyone would like to talk to me further about this, please feel free to send me a DM.

• Upvote 4

BrOQBND.jpg

I just find it weird that Pooh would reach out to Alex now after he most definitely benefitted from it (See previous screenshots of his growth, unless he spent some mad cash and stored up credits).

• Upvote 2

From 2015:

On 7/9/2015 at 7:25 PM, Alex said:

As for those who abused this exploit or knowingly received funds, we will continue to root you out and remove you from this community. The exploit may be fixed, but our investigation is not over, and we will continue to catch and reprimand the abusers. It's only a matter of time before you're caught - if you enjoy playing Politics & War and participated in this abuse I strongly recommend you come forward and turn yourself in immediately. A number of players have been banned and removed from the game already, along with quite a bit of spawned resources and cash. Like I said in my other post, we can't get rid of it all, but it's spread so thin and the economy of the game is so dynamic that the effects of the exploit will dissipate quickly over time. I'm looking forward to a new era of exploit-free Politics & War! Keep on enjoying the game, guys!

And from the other 2015 thread:

The players that are behind the exploit are the likes of Sith/Pol Pot, Ghost (who was banned some time ago, though I left his nation in an effort to entice him to divulge information about the exploit to me), Death, and NMA. There are others, such as Last187, that have been receptacles of some of the spawned cash. He has been banned as well. Let me make it clear right now, that I will track down anyone who has conspired with the cheaters, and they shall be banned and removed from the game, forever.

From 2019:

1 minute ago, Sphinx said:

Which according to your numbers they sold off $86 billion of the $209 billion generated. So that only 8% of their illicit gains removed, They still profited enormously from this scam, but thank you for at least taking the community advice, I hope they receive far more punishment than that though. 

But hey, at least it wasn't $210 billion.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Greetings friends!

I just want everyone to know I did my part. While I was not aware of any wrong doing in my time at Nova, I felt the community would rest easier knowing that some of their wealth has been seized by operatives of Not A Scam LLC. and will be put towards building a successful, community oriented trading group. Stay tuned for details!

(don't worry, I changed it from Nation to Alliance before I sent it)

To my friends at Nova - I am sorry, but you got Fraggled.
I also want Orbis to know that I'm quite sure 99% of Nova had no idea this was going on, including the high gov. Our offshores and such were not discussed. Please go easy on them. 

unknown.png

Edited by CapnFahQ

6 minutes ago, CapnFahQ said:

snip

What did you think this was going to achieve? Might as well have just sent the resources to a 1 city nation about to go into VM.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

What did you think this was going to achieve?

#1 - I didn't want to be associated with an alliance that was known for cheating
#2 - I wanted to express that the majority of Nova players didn't know about the exploiting and that the community should go easy on them
#3 - I wanted to give a small amount of potentially ill gotten gains to a resource sink that won't really affect the balance of the game.
#4 - I talk to Fraggle lots and TBH I was waiting for a good time to do this right from the start.

Plus, maybe some good memes?

Edited by CapnFahQ

5 minutes ago, CapnFahQ said:

#1 - I didn't want to be associated with an alliance that was known for cheating
#2 - I wanted to express that the majority of Nova players didn't know about the exploiting and that the community should go easy on them
#3 - I wanted to give a small amount of potentially ill gotten gains to a resource sink that won't really affect the balance of the game.
#4 - I talk to Fraggle lots and TBH I was waiting for a good time to do this right from the start.

Just to be clear, this was your AA bank, correct?

6 minutes ago, CapnFahQ said:

Yes

So, your alliance, which you believe was largely innocent of this activity, just lost it's off-shore bank, and you felt that the appropriate course of action was fricking them over further by taking what little they had left, which may or may not have been illegal in nature? All this for convincing people of which they aren't going to be convinced about from this display? Not gonna talk about how you left for Resplendent first?

Brilliant maneuver mate. You have fun with this one, Nova.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

So, your alliance, which you believe was largely innocent of this activity, just lost it's off-shore bank, and you felt that the appropriate course of action was fricking them over further by taking what little they had left, which may or may not have been illegal in nature? All this for convincing people of which they aren't going to be convinced about from this display? Not gonna talk about how you left for Resplendent first?

Brilliant maneuver mate. You have fun with this one, Nova.

Like I said I was planning doing this for some time. Now seems like a pretty good time to move on don't you agree?

I left for Resplendent first because I was pretty nervous lol and I forgot Fraggle had created the new AA.

. Good chance I'm gonna re-roll anyways, but I'm in a bunch of wars so I'm gonna finish them.

Edited by CapnFahQ

Just now, CapnFahQ said:

Like I said I was planning doing this for some time. Now seems like a pretty good time to move on don't you agree?

No, I'm saying you should stop dressing it up as anything but a crappy move:

22 minutes ago, CapnFahQ said:

You wanted to get away and maybe get some PR. Own up to this shit. 

9 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

No, I'm saying you should stop dressing it up as anything but a crappy move:

You wanted to get away and maybe get some PR. Own up to this shit. 

Oh yeah its a dick move for sure. All is fair in politics and war though. Its going to a better place IMO.

Edited by CapnFahQ