Surf's Up

Keegoz

11 hours ago, Epi said:

AH-The-element-of-surprise.jpg

I just love how the only 2 positive SK members are at 22 cities
and immediately got ground control then zeroed the Empyrea dudes who hit them, before rolling on to hit KT>

Yea, the Empyrea dudes who were filled up on defensive slots.

aka Filip, The Royalist or Tremor

3 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Let the nukes fly, want to see food at 300 ppu come on you can do it.

Its already over a 54% reduction and war just started. Summer bonus is cancelling out some of it now, but wouldn’t be surprised to see the price up there by fall in-game.

@Noctis Anarch Caelum

Food prices are annoying. Just one month ago I could buy ~3X what I can get today for the same price. Don't think it'll jump to 300 unless more nukes are dropped.

Edited by Kim Jong Un IIIV

3 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un IIIV said:

@Noctis Anarch Caelum

Food prices are annoying. Just one month ago I could buy ~3X what I can get today for the same price. Don't think it'll jump to 300 unless more nukes are dropped.

North America it’s already 96% down, realized my continent is among the least effected so far. Now over a 57% reduction, risen at least 4% since my last post.

2 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

North America it’s already 96% down, realized my continent is among the least effected so far. Now over a 57% reduction, risen at least 4% since my last post.

Whoever living on the Duna analog of Orbis is being really lucky right now. At least they don't have to fight this nuclear hellfire.

In any case, what did you guys do with your nuclear waste? It only takes 96 days to clean them up, so they have to go somewhere; the half-life of nuclear waste is pretty long.

Edited by Kerbollo

Attempting to contact Kerbin since 1983 (in-game)...

Hey, have anyone seen those fireworks? What do you mean, Jeb had them strapped to SRBs?

Discord: Ray3501#0305. I frequent the SK Network discord (duh).

6 minutes ago, Kerbollo said:

Whoever living on the Duna analog of Orbis is being really lucky right now. At least they don't have to fight this nuclear hellfire.

In any case, what did you guys do with your nuclear waste? It only takes 96 days to clean them up, so they have to go somewhere; the half-life of nuclear waste is pretty long.

Not sure, although as production halts people will start buying it up in anticipation of higher prices, then eventually it will when producers can’t bring the price down.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
10 hours ago, Kerbollo said:

All jokes aside this is pretty good questions, I think once you are nuke food production should be effected a lot longer than 96 days, you can not simply have a farm on nuke waste

On 5/28/2019 at 8:14 AM, Shadowthrone said:

Would you mean AC by chance? Don’t think TGH took part in knightfall did you?

Nice pfp

profilepip.gif

15 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Doesn't nuke radiation only affect a nation/city for 8 days?

Yeah, but the cumulative global radiation probably won’t start going down until 8 days after the war ends. So that will probably last longer, since I doubt they’ll suddenly stop nuking.

(OOC: And by 96 days, I mean 96 in-game days. Which equates to 8 real-life days. Yes, I was being in-character.)

And radiation's been in the double digits since people swapped the pure-fusion cores inside the nukes for fission(-fusion) ones anyway, so you effectively need to have a 110-125% of the average theoretical crop yield to have enough food to sustain your nation, more if you want some food safety net.

96 days is still too quick for radiation to dissipate though, so clean-up work must be ongoing to clean everything up in those 96 days.

So, again, the question: where did those nuclear waste go after the 96 days?

Edited by Kerbollo

Attempting to contact Kerbin since 1983 (in-game)...

Hey, have anyone seen those fireworks? What do you mean, Jeb had them strapped to SRBs?

Discord: Ray3501#0305. I frequent the SK Network discord (duh).

3 hours ago, Kerbollo said:

(OOC: And by 96 days, I mean 96 in-game days. Which equates to 8 real-life days. Yes, I was being in-character.)

And radiation's been in the double digits since people swapped the pure-fusion cores inside the nukes for fission(-fusion) ones anyway, so you effectively need to have a 110-125% of the average theoretical crop yield to have enough food to sustain your nation, more if you want some food safety net.

96 days is still too quick for radiation to dissipate though, so clean-up work must be ongoing to clean everything up in those 96 days.

So, again, the question: where did those nuclear waste go after the 96 days?

Probably won’t be long before it’s not worth producing food; although I still agree making it last longer could be interesting. Such as if people knew it was going to take a month to come down. Could cause some food shortages, lol.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

11 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

All jokes aside this is pretty good questions, I think once you are nuke food production should be effected a lot longer than 96 days, you can not simply have a farm on nuke waste

Should increase food production because of godzilla sized turnips

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 hour ago, Glorious Leader Abdul said:

Should increase food production because of godzilla sized turnips

but would you then end up with godzilla size people?

1 hour ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I’m willing to bet someone $10m as a side bet Chaos doesn’t surrender & it lasts at least one more week if somebody feels like betting against that just for fun. 

I would take that bet but you could not afford it.