Surf's Up

Keegoz

Just now, Epi said:

@Frawley Imo they should've stayed, alliances aren't really able to choose 'who's at war' lol. It becomes obvious after a certain point ?

And they are contributing to the destruction of Blackfyre. Might be worth a debate for future cases.

Not a bad point. IIRC, Blackfyre is already considered an SK extension in the statistics, so it makes a degree of sense. However, to Buorhann's point, they're simply not a coordinated combatant. As well, Arrgh currently has 2 active wars against TGH, 1 against Empyrea, and 1 against KT. Despite the fact that Arrgh is attacking Chaos to a greater degree, it still seems clear to me that these are opportunistic raids rather than any sort of front in the war.

• Like 1

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

9 minutes ago, Frawley said:

I'll setup a seperate thread later today, and we can come up with some community rules as to how we handle these circumstances for stats tracking.  I'm happy to be guided by some sensible consistent policy.

Why don't you just pm Rawr? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Justin076 said:

Do you really think you're that important that we would actually hire mercs to hit you? lmao this is the first I heard that SK had a training alliance. 

well you didnt think valinor or nova were important and look what happened lol

Edited by hope
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, hope said:

well you didnt think valinor or nova were important and look what happened lol

The point you're trying to argue is fairly debatable. It's entirely possible that attempting to cover all of you right at the beginning would have been worse than the strategy that was employed. You don't want to over extend horribly in the first round. That allows reserves (as there is almost no way they could have effectively covered everyone on your side) to enter in and make an already spread out force even weaker.

Also, while I am sure you could use guerrilla tactics to some extent or the other, it's not quite in the same category as Valinor or Nova.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 4

On 5/25/2019 at 9:12 PM, Lycus said:

Have fun guys. @CitrusK seems our date has been postponed. ?

That's sad dude. We can talk about the next possible time both of us are free ;) Let's talk then. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Inst said:

I tried a salt-free diet once. It sucked.

But all this salt gonna give Orbis heart disease.  And once Orbis dies then... well we actually have to deal with real life for once.  

I apologize in advance for this being a whole entire thing now. I get that I was intentionally provocative in my original post to Buorhann, which was the point, so I understand that the KETOG hive mind is having a bit of an aneurysm. I am going to type out a whole entire response to this, since Sketchy is being purposefully disingenuous, and Dio made a fair point that I want to address. Let's get to it!

59 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

The point you're trying to argue is fairly debatable. It's entirely possible that attempting to cover all of you right at the beginning would have been worse than the strategy that was employed. You don't want to over extend horribly in the first round. That allows reserves (as there is almost no way they could have effectively covered everyone on your side) to enter in and make an already spread out force even weaker.

Also, while I am sure you could use guerrilla tactics to some extent or the other, it's not quite in the same category as Valinor or Nova.

So yes, this was something that I actually brought up in private channels. I actually agree to a point that it made sense to not attack Valinor or Nova Riata round one. There were a lot of nations that would have had to been fully neutralized before KETOG could confidently and securely move on to protectorate and satellite alliances However, Blackfyre had two nations that were above 2k score. Two. In fact, even Seven Kingdoms had around eight nations in the main alliance that hadn't been attacked at all the within the first few hours of the war. Perhaps it was disorganization, perhaps they just think SK is really weak. However, it ended up biting them in the arse later on that so many nations were completely free of defensive wars. Now, I don't think we'll ever know which strategy would have been the most effective, but KETOG are in a fairly weak spot now in the lower-mid tier. Perhaps they could have focused on only nations above 3k score. At the end of the day though, what's done is done so it isn't fairly pertinent.

15 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

We intentionally left them out of the initial blitz, as well as Blackfyre and The Federation because we didn't have the manpower to cover all of them and wanted to focus the larger alliances and wait for them to counter. If fighting at a numbers disadvantage is "opportunistic" I think you need to whip out a dictionary and brush up on some things.

I get Nova, but I don't see why you'd leave out two 20 city nations. Those were the only relevant nations, so I don't see any point as to why you couldn't have attacked us. Also, I was saying that the money grab in Knightfall to join in on a dogpile and hitting TRF was opportunistic. 

Also the idea we'd hire some random commie alliance to hit you is laughable and its sad you couldn't be bothered to do your due diligence and verify pretty obvious bullshit before you marched your 3 nations into battle.

If that is the actual reason you entered, rather than the one we all assumed, that you were protecting your protector, then lmfao u got played by a micro.

I mean, what due diligence was there to do. Said alliance claimed you wanted them to hit us, we took them at their word. Now before you twist this, we of course considered that it was false. In fact, most of us just assumed it was some weird flex, and instead found it amusing. We moved on after we confirmed with Electric Space that they didn't condone it. Also, what? Are you drunk? "March our 3 nations into battle." I mean we defended ourselves, and we had Blackfyre noobs "entering" after Empyrea attacked our smaller guys. AND WHAT PROTECTOR?? Our alliance page CLEARLY states that we are an EXTENSION of Seven Kingdoms. There is no PROTECTOR. What was that you said about doing due diligence and using a dictionary

Anyway carry on being the only salty person on your side I was getting bored of all the nice people anyway.

See, I like to think that the PnW community is fairly, uh, decent most of the time. But for some reason, come war-time, people like you Sketchy, Justin, and others, start being purposefully disingenuous. For some reason you take everything at face value and blow logic to the wind. I don't really see why you get off on claims of "salt" and trying to drag people over misinformation. Now, perhaps I'm giving in to the salt and retardation, but it has been going on forever in our community. Please try and stop acting like a toddler, you're fully grown

P.S. Any wall of texts from me will be in response to actual arguments, not false and misinformed statements made for the purpose of propaganda. Thanks! 

P.P.S. Dio, I appreciate everything you do for this community. I miss working with you in an alliance, you were the best.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I guess that's why people hate whales; they're safe in their god-tier while assets down below are in the grinder and getting wrecked. I'm going to cheer on Nova Riata sending nukers at high-infra Grumpy and Guard for all the wrong reasons.

10 hours ago, hope said:

seek some help before posting again

Looks like someone can't take their own advice kek.

See folks, this is why you can't spell suck without SK.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Sketchy said:

What does that matter? We chose not to include your alliances in the main blitz. Why we did it is irrelevant to your claim that we hired some micro to hit you. But if you must know, we did it because it gave us time wear down the main alliances. Which worked if you couldn't tell.

As for Knightfall, that war would not have taken place at all had we not signed up. We asked for resources from Abbas because we were a newly formed alliance and had none. We literally would not have been able to participate otherwise. I was intimately involved in the planning and execution of it.

Would you mean AC by chance? Don’t think TGH took part in knightfall did you?

• Upvote 1