Alpha - Oblivion War End

Placentica

Guest Frawley
54 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

I think you need to rethink your stats in truth, to much is placed on the cost of infra and nothing placed on how much that alliance makes from the infra they lost, a nation at 16 cities and 2.5k infra would only need 90 days of peace to not only refund him the cost of the infra but to store enough cash to rebuild all that infra, a nation at 2k infra a shit ton longer.

I debated adding this feature last war given calculating income is trivial, but the question becomes very subjective rapidly. E.g. Who gets to claim the lost income as damage, what is the baseline, is it pre improvement swap, or post, how long do those that damage infra get 'trailing commissions' for, I mean if I nuke a city day 1 and they don't rebuild for 3 months is all that damage mine, despite others preventing the rebuild...

Always happy to hear ideas/answers though. 

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Frawley said:

I debated adding this feature last war given calculating income is trivial, but the question becomes very subjective rapidly. E.g. Who gets to claim the lost income as damage, what is the baseline, is it pre improvement swap, or post, how long do those that damage infra get 'trailing commissions' for, I mean if I nuke a city day 1 and they don't rebuild for 3 months is all that damage mine, despite others preventing the rebuild...

Always happy to hear ideas/answers though. 

Well I would make it simple and remove infra from damage taken/given, as to take in to account lost income would add even more grey lines,  generally i would say those with more infra clearly makes more money so should be able to rebuild to those levels.

I know so many alliances who stick at 2k infra simply so they do not look bad on war stats, however they look poor by not being able afford a rebuild lol

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

Not trolling, legitimate question, is this Alpha's first official victory? 

We beat a few others who launched raids, and then there was Octoberfest.

I'd consider the bored war a V too since Alpha wrecked half the other coalitions shit. Eve. Though half ours was wrecked. It forced a draw in the overall conflict 

Edited by James II
  • Upvote 2

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Guest Frawley
11 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Well I would make it simple and remove infra from damage taken/given, as to take in to account lost income would add even more grey lines,  generally i would say those with more infra clearly makes more money so should be able to rebuild to those levels.

I know so many alliances who stick at 2k infra simply so they do not look bad on war stats, however they look poor by not being able afford a rebuild lol

Didn't really answer any of my questions tho.

1 hour ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Who has 2k infra for that reason? 1400 infra all the way bb, don't need a rebuild when you don't have a build!

tenor-19.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

I think you need to rethink your stats in truth, to much is placed on the cost of infra and nothing placed on how much that alliance makes from the infra they lost, a nation at 16 cities and 2.5k infra would only need 90 days of peace to not only refund him the cost of the infra but to store enough cash to rebuild all that infra, a nation at 2k infra a shit ton longer.

If an alliance rebuilds members post war, then this lost opportunity cost of having more quickly disappears. So depends on available funds if this is an additional cost and it becomes to complicated to calculate damage stats taking individual rebuild time into consideration.

Edit: Also if you’re proposing damage stats just take into account the cost of units lost warring & loot; then I think the stats would be more meaningless. If people want to base their war strategy on trying to look good on the stats after rather than being most effective, let them. Losing 10k tanks would boost somebody’s income due to lower bills as well, but stats still calculate the damage at full cost even if only a partial refund can be had selling them. Although I think everyone knows the stats alone don’t show the full picture.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
Lag

18 hours ago, TheRebelMan said:

Why do you have to poop at the party? Come now.

Nobody invited you

<Dragonk>Like I drink beer, nto it

"You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." 

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
4 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Who has 2k infra for that reason? 1400 infra all the way bb, don't need a rebuild when you don't have a build!

tenor-19.gif

this is why i look up to you :)

8 hours ago, Frawley said:

It's stat site official now, any remaining wars will keep accumulating damage. 

https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/

Thanks again man.  The loot in these stats played a key role in peace talks, that was probably what pushed it fastest.  Plus I supposed Ockey's childishness had some effect on my patience for what is a (lolfun) game.  We had looted about all we could and because of their disintegrating member-base, there wasn't much left and I didn't want to see them disband which I felt was going to happen within a day or so.

• Upvote 3

Guest Frawley
6 hours ago, Epi said:

I know it doesn't fall under the purview of war stats but ik you were planning something to do with econ too if I'm not mistaken. 

Ranking the top 50 or so alliances by income would be invaluable or at least interesting to some. 

Coincidently I'm working on something like this at the moment, but trade tracking and bulk markets are taking priority.

21 hours ago, CitrusK said:

I shall mourn the loss of Oblivion. Reminds me of the early passing of Terminus Est.... Never forget. 

Yes but the TEsties still lurk ;)

9 hours ago, HopeSolo said:

good fight guys. proud of our Alpha teams!

now everyone can forget about boring micro drama so we can go back to the irrelevancy we like.

Felt my spidey senses tingling like the calm before a storm, summoning my attention toward this game again, but this war wasn’t it. Will be interesting what moves get made next if any by others.

Steve, didn’t Ockey tell you the only term he wouldn’t accept was the cash term?

Didnt you also tell him that the cash didn’t matter anymore?

So if he was willing to accept every other term beyond the cash, why did you continue?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Steve, didn’t Ockey tell you the only term he wouldn’t accept was the cash term?

Didnt you also tell him that the cash didn’t matter anymore?

So if he was willing to accept every other term beyond the cash, why did you continue?

Don’t see any terms beyond surrender, maybe cash is all he really wanted?;)

On 5/23/2019 at 2:20 AM, James II said:

Citing a shifty post. That's cute. Clearly you have no idea how much of an infant ockey was. He ran off his own alliance mates who agreed to the terms.

No one really agreed to the terms and we left to raid other alliances. You guys sure lie a lot don't you. No one was paying 1.5b ever as it was an insane rep demand.

• Upvote 2

Ass, gas, or grass man. 1 percent per week unless you or your alliance start an offensive war in which case it doubles up to 10 percent per week. If a defensive war happens.....no interest or payments will occur

On 5/23/2019 at 3:08 AM, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

I always thought someone else would kill Oblivion. 

tbqh, I'd just disband at this point.

Honestly I thought the former Resplendent merge would have done that at some point. 

Alas, the perseverance is strong with them. 

• Haha 1

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

5 hours ago, Apeman said:

Ass, gas, or grass man. 1 percent per week unless you or your alliance start an offensive war in which case it doubles up to 10 percent per week. If a defensive war happens.....no interest or payments will occur

1 percent per week actually isn’t a bad, I’d take a loan not as big on that or pay back most in the first week to avoid interest on it. Although still wouldn’t be worth taking a loan just to pay reps either way.