A Seperate Micro Affairs Section

G'day all.

I've written this because I've just seen another micro alliance get flamed for posting a message in alliance affairs that no-one outside of the micro-sphere would care about. 

My thoughts are that it would be better if there was a section (or whatever you want to call it) for micro alliance affairs. I know I'm in a larger alliance and I probably shouldn't care, but I think this will benefit everyone (and I'm sick of seeing micro news that doesn't apply to me in alliance affairs).

For those not in micros: The Alliance Affairs section won't be full of micro garbage that no-one outside of the micro-sphere wants to see. The important stuff (like bullying Polaris, Pantheon, etc.) will be much more prominent. Whilst flaming micro leaders is fun, it can get annoying filtering through the garbage to find the real, important stuff. Plus, if you ever want a laugh, you can just have a look at the micro section and read through the absolute dumpster fire that it would be.

For those in micros: A lot of micros don't post on the forums because they get flamed, which means micros don't really get to talk as much as they'd want to. Forums are a really fun part of this game, and micros should get that experience as well. You can share "important" information and communicate effectively, and not get flamed for it.

Anyway, that does me - more than happy to hear other peoples comments. Cheers, Skept.

Edited by Skepta
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Most micros don't post on the forums because they don't realize the forums are there. Most of them don't even have discord servers let alone forum accounts.

And this idea that a micro affairs section would stop people flaming them for the lulz is rather optimistic at best.

• Haha 1

My thoughts are that it would be better if there was a section (or whatever you want to call it) for micro alliance affairs.

What defines a micro, and how do you police forcing them to not post in alliances affairs when they are an alliance and might have affairs. 

and I'm sick of seeing micro news that doesn't apply to me in alliance affairs

There are threads on the front page which were started a month ago and also have most recent posts from a month ago. If the thread was a hotbed of activity, or there were daily AA posts from alliances about "lesser" activities then maybe you would have a point. Maybe.

The Alliance Affairs section won't be full of micro garbage that no-one outside of the micro-sphere wants to see

Just because it doesn't involve you or larger alliances doesn't make it unimportant. If anything these posts allow you, apparently elitists, to see things happening that you wouldn't normally which if anything strengthens the case for them to exist there. View this as an opportunity to see what up and coming alliances might be worth a damn. 

whilst flaming micro leaders is fun, it can get annoying filtering through the garbage to find the real, important stuff.

Do you realize how much of a prick you sound like? Please don't make worthless posts in the suggestion forum. It gets annoying filtering through the garbage people like you who don't belong here post. You have no understand of what quality content looks like and shouldn't have a place posting here. If anything we should create a subforum for people who post suggestions no one wants to see so I don't have to be bothered viewing it. Instead we can focus on suggestions that matter, the important stuff.

A lot of micros don't post on the forums because they get flamed, which means micros don't really get to talk as much as they'd want to. Forums are a really fun part of this game, and micros should get that experience as well. You can share "important" information and communicate effectively, and not get flamed for it.

How do you know why they don't post? Are you making assumptions or have you had details conversations with micro members/leaders about this? If so please post those links to me privately so I can verify the validity of your claims. Also I find it hard to see how relegating them to the "kids table" of forums isn't insulting itself. And there's nothing to prevent people to come in and flame them anyway. Like you said, it'd be a spot people can come in and view for a laugh, like they're here for your entertainment.

tl;dr No. You're an asshat. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

scSqPGJ.gif

14 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

tl;dr No. You're an asshat. 

Pre, I don't know how sensitive someone can get, but you take the cake. 

To remind you, my post was made (as I said) because I saw a bloke from a micro get shit on just for posting in alliance affairs. I didn't think that was right, and it might've been useful to some micro alliance members/govs that could actually want to see things like that, so I made the mere suggestion that we could divide alliance affairs into two separate sections.

You appear to have taken on the role of Alex's game development bloke. In this role, I'd suggest you listen to those with ideas, and not personally attack someone based on their suggestions. Feel free to say my suggestion is shit, but don't have a go at me. All I was doing was suggesting an idea that I believe could improve the game for everyone. 

I would've loved to respond to your questions in regards to how this would work, but they were hard to find in amongst all your insults, so I can't be fricked. 

Edited by Skepta
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have no problem with micro news as far as it's not pointless spam.(I would be angry too if big alliances do that) For "spam" it's orbis central - more general news which some players ignore and put everything in alliance affairs.

I think it is easy way to keep clean alliance affairs. You don't have to ask Alex to solve the problem. You can solve it basically on your own. If somebody annoys you here you should just dislike or raid that person in game :) (or ask another person to raid if you can't)

I did both that in the past and felt great. I think I didn't achieve any significant change in theirs behaviour but it was really fun ?

• Upvote 5

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

5 hours ago, Skepta said:

Pre, I don't know how sensitive someone can get, but you take the cake. 

To remind you, my post was made (as I said) because I saw a bloke from a micro get shit on just for posting in alliance affairs. I didn't think that was right, and it might've been useful to some micro alliance members/govs that could actually want to see things like that, so I made the mere suggestion that we could divide alliance affairs into two separate sections.

You appear to have taken on the role of Alex's game development bloke. In this role, I'd suggest you listen to those with ideas, and not personally attack someone based on their suggestions. Feel free to say my suggestion is shit, but don't have a go at me. All I was doing was suggesting an idea that I believe could improve the game for everyone. 

I would've loved to respond to your questions in regards to how this would work, but they were hard to find in amongst all your insults, so I can't be fricked. 

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was supposed to take serious a suggestion that effectively said "Lets put a large portion of the game into a cage so we can visit and laugh at them". Micros aren't here for your amusement. You called them garbage. Said you're sick of seeing them. You said flaming them is fun. Said they're unimportant. Called the "community" you wanted to make for them a dumpster fire. 

Clearly you were doing this for them. Entirely to help them. You were no way insulting them whatsoever. Now that you get treated the way you were treating an entire community in this game you suddenly want to cry foul? Go fark yourself. 

Also, I don't represent Alex. I don't represent this game. I have no requirement to act professional towards those that don't deserve it. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif