IP address bans for alliances

Dusty

1 hour ago, Stan Lee said:

Trolls have started to become a issue where they join, get built up with an alliances cash, then leave or go perma vm to just to create a new account and attempt it later.

BoC has had a issue with one such player, named Apples/oranges, he's been banned for multis 3 times now, and he seems to have a bone to pick with one of our members. We've b****ed on the proper channels but he skirts it, I want IP bans for alliances to protect themselfs.  

Yeah we had a player do this to us too, he was active in the discord, he sounded very enthusiastic, then would constantly be getting the grants and growing well. Then he’d go inactive for a week then delete...

I feel it, it might just be the way she goes, and the risk of giving away free monies, but we can see.

• Like 1

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

1 hour ago, Frawley said:

Do you not see IPs on forums?

Most alliances don’t have forums, either because of choice, or because of the expenses and certain level of technical expertise involved with running a forum that isn’t complete crap. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Trolls have started to become a issue where they join, get built up with an alliances cash, then leave or go perma vm to just to create a new account and attempt it later.

BoC has had a issue with one such player, named Apples/oranges, he's been banned for multis 3 times now, and he seems to have a bone to pick with one of our members. We've b****ed on the proper channels but he skirts it, I want IP bans for alliances to protect themselfs.  

You can already see their IP. Just go to their profile in-game and click on the "Unique ID." For example, you can see yours here. This was introduced as a way to find out if a player was cheating and/or using multis. Although you can't see their actual IP, if they're on the same network, they will be under the same Unique ID.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Inhabitor of Forum Games & Spam. I live there. It's my home.

3 hours ago, LUNCH said:

You can already see their IP. Just go to their profile in-game and click on the "Unique ID." For example, you can see yours here. This was introduced as a way to find out if a player was cheating and/or using multis. Although you can't see their actual IP, if they're on the same network, they will be under the same Unique ID.

Lunch is right. You can already see their Unique ID.

BILL THE MOOSE!!

emoji2.png

24 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Lunch is right. You can already see their Unique ID.

Right now he has 4 active accounts that I know of none of them share a Id... So ehh I'm tired of it. 

10 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Right now he has 4 active accounts that I know of none of them share a Id... So ehh I'm tired of it. 

If he was using a VPN, he'd still have the same IP, and thus the same Unique ID, unless he's gonna change to a different country for each account. I'd keep an eye on the ID, to see if it changes. Are you 100% positive that it's the same guy?

Yea, yea I am lol, can't get to much more sure, one guy has created so far 12 different discord each time he's been banned it's been for 3-4 accounts at a time(he's been banned 3 times that I know of). Just is getting smarter in his approaches

7 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Yea, yea I am lol, can't get to much more sure, one guy has created so far 12 different discord each time he's been banned it's been for 3-4 accounts at a time(he's been banned 3 times that I know of). Just is getting smarter in his approaches

Why does he care so much??

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

If he's banned (which this apples/oranges player has) he's already IP banned from the entire game, not just your alliance.

If you want to collect your alliance member's IP addresses, there's really no reason you can't do that already.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Pfft

If your new recruit process was hostile yet rewarding then your griefer recruits would be like "fugg, is it even worth it to be here this long?"

Hyperborea, your one stop to learning what the Full Metal Jacket opening scene is about.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...