The NR-PR near war.

Tao Yi Kui

A few days ago, there was an affair between three alliances, Phoenix Rising, Nova Riata, and The Pyramid Corporation. This resulted in a breakdown of relations between TPC, and Nova, along with the resignation of TPC vice president Erik Skaug aka Jayfeather. It has come to my attention that many people believe that Jayfeather was responsible for the whole affair, and while the leaks on discord do show this, this is simply untrue. As the leader of TPC, I feel it is my responsibility to protect all members of the alliance, whether or not they are still within it.

Lets, start from the beginning. TPC was and still is looking for a protectorate. We came across Nova Riata, and they said while they are not allowed to have any FA inquiries as a result of their bloc's rule, TPC was still allowed to seek advice from them. at the time of this, 3 of the 4 members of TPC, including myself and Jayfeather, were from Phoenix Rising. At this time, there was a dispute between Jayfeather and the other member from PR, Kaiser Jurgen, on the TPC discord general channel. I apologised to njordor, from Nova Riata about what was happening, and I said there was simply an IA issue. I was then informed in a Government channel that PR was asking for a merge, and they were threatening to use force. There was a raider from Phoenix Rising that just happened to start invading me at almost the same time so it sounded pretty legit. I told Jayfeather about how I was talking to njordor and I told him to convince njordor to convice Sean Anthony to adopt a don't attack micro's policy, but in a way that didn't sound like it came from us. I told this to Jayfeather on the TPC FA department channel, which had 4 people on it. One of these 4 people contacted njordor and went over the top with what he said. Eventually, Njordor was convince PR wanted war and then ... exposed that the over the top guy was jayfeather. This ruined a protectorate negotiation with NPO, nearly started a NR-PR war, and also ruined jayfeather's reputation. 

I would like to say that Jayfeather was simply unaware of what he was doing, and went a bit over the top in a job that he was supposed to do, and I would like to apologize to Jayfeather, for ruining his reputation.

Edit: A lot of people were asking why this was important, the reason is that I need to clear up a guy I know's rep and TPC is my new allaince. This Rumor was also damaging the FA of many other allainces so I felt the need to clarify what happened.

Edited by Akshat Thakur
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 26

I love how every time I apply for an alliance the interviewer says something along the lines of "I heard a rumor about you trying to start a war" while everyone on this forum isl ike "why should I care"

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 4

I'm so confused... No one really knew about this anyway, so what you actually just did was expose jayfeather to the world. How do you even go from trying to convince someone to convince someone else to convincing them that someone else wants to fight them?

• Downvote 1

These fellas with an alliance score of approximately 1600 may not have experience, or allies or planes but they have the most important thing: A keen sense of honor

And 

In Orbis, we know that honor will take you places....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Registered slot thief

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

1 hour ago, Nuke said:

Maybe this is one of those things that should be kept to yourself? It kinda worsens yours and Jayfeather's reputations

Having led three alliances, two of which were micros, between this game and another, I would have to agree with this statement. Don't draw unnecessary, negative attention to yourself unless you want to be put on someone's "safe to raid" list. I'm all for micro drama, but it really should be contained within micro circles. If you have to share with anyone of a decent size, it should've been with BoC since TGU and GPC are protected by them. Or you could reach out to an experienced player to advise you on issues like this for a small fee.

2 hours ago, Cansa said:

I love how every time I apply for an alliance the interviewer says something along the lines of "I heard a rumor about you trying to start a war" while everyone on this forum isl ike "why should I care"

Where the hell are you applying? Unless someone is holding a grudge against you and DMing IA of all the AAs you're applying to, no major alliance would even know about this. At least until now. Even then, it should be relatively easy to brush off.

• Downvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png