The Big Recap

Aksel

Just now, Malleator said:

I turned off my ad-blocker, and I still can't view the page properly.

I am testing that feature - literally just applied it - but through my tests on chrome/firefox, as soon as i disable the adblock and refresh full access is granted.

2 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

I am testing that feature - literally just applied it - but through my tests on chrome/firefox, as soon as i disable the adblock and refresh full access is granted.

NoScript was made to counter people like you who think locking down their microsite is a good idea.
Here's a link to the website for anyone who wants to read it but bypass the bullshit.

• Downvote 2

Love you

1 minute ago, Malleator said:

NoScript was made to counter people like you who think locking down their microsite is a good idea.
Here's a link to the website for anyone who wants to read it but bypass the bullshit.

Like I said, I'm testing out some new features - I'll leave it to you to feel butthurt about it. :)

• Upvote 1

I've done nothing but point out bad website management practices and provide three solutions: turn it off, install NoScript, or look at the ripped HTML files I provided.
If I was, "Butthurt," I'd probably start calling you names or would say derogatory things like, "Butthurt."

At any rate, it would be nice if the article itself provided some additional insight into these events, as most who are likely to read it probably already know the basics that the article covers.

• Downvote 2

Love you

3 minutes ago, Malleator said:

I've done nothing but point out bad website management practices and provide three solutions: turn it off, install NoScript, or look at the ripped HTML files I provided.
If I was, "Butthurt," I'd probably start calling you names or would say derogatory things like, "Butthurt."

At any rate, it would be nice if the article itself provided some additional insight into these events, as most who are likely to read it probably already know the basics that the article covers.

If you were butthurt you might continue to speak, like you have, and post a paragraph of nonsense, like you have.

The article, as it says in its title, is a Recap of about of month of political/alliance changes - if you were expecting an intense amount of information for every small political maneuver, I am sorry - as it is a recap, it recaps events, provides links to those events for those that might have missed out OR don't want to scroll through the forums clicking links an want to get straight to the OP whilst being listed by date.

I do appreciate your feedback, however angry it seems to be. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Malleator, Mad Max does the same stuff all the time, he starts of making some great (in his mind) thing like an alliance or website or radio show that looks cool and has all these features but wait... what is that? It is a complete lack of content that anyone finds valuable. How does this surprise you? ;)

Anyways I also rolled my eyes at the ad blocker message but mostly at the fact that OF COURSE mad max has it on his website but half of the media and journalists websites still don't have such messages but they are getting around to it at a snails pace. Anyways mediocre content from Mad Max as expected. If you go in with these expectations Malleator then everything is usually peachy.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mayor said:

Malleator, Mad Max does the same stuff all the time, he starts of making some great (in his mind) thing like an alliance or website or radio show that looks cool and has all these features but wait... what is that? It is a complete lack of content that anyone finds valuable. How does this surprise you? ;)

Anyways I also rolled my eyes at the ad blocker message but mostly at the fact that OF COURSE mad max has it on his website but half of the media and journalists websites still don't have such messages but they are getting around to it at a snails pace. Anyways mediocre content from Mad Max as expected. If you go in with these expectations Malleator then everything is usually peachy.

Pretty much what Mayor said.

ORB doesn't strive to be the best, we just strive to be...something. ?

Also, as a side note - a friend of mine told me about doing the whole ad thing, there was a reason why I turned off PW payments to remove the pay wall. I personally use adblocker for sites and I hate when I get white listed, but this was supposed to be a a non-intrusive way to say 'hey' - I think we've made like $4. off the site since opening up  - at this point, I really don't care if y'all adblock or not. (that whole adblock blocker cock block ad block is currently off the site, I didn't like it)

A note about content.

If y'all actually do shit there could be more content. If y'all actually wanted to conversate, talk, share.... we could actually have some pretty good shit. Most times when we go around asking for some details or stories to develop an article - y'all just dismiss or refuse to talk. Thats a problem. SO - you get what we can actually develop while staying true to what is publicly available. 

Those that come around after and say "this isn't what happened, those dates aren't accurate" well.....reach out, converse with us when we come around. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 6:43 PM, Mad Max said:

Those that come around after and say "this isn't what happened, those dates aren't accurate" well.....reach out, converse with us when we come around

Maybe we could if you actually did come around. Anytime you have, I've responded. Throwing this line out after you posted your latest article is interesting though knowing you never talked to us or gave us an opportunity to show our side or round out your story. In fact, when we told you your account was fairly flawed, you told us even if we did present evidence to the contrary, you weren't going to change anything. Sooo... have fun, I guess?

• Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

On 5/17/2019 at 4:14 PM, Nizam Adrienne said:

Maybe we could if you actually did come around. Anytime you have, I've responded. Throwing this line out after you posted your latest article is interesting though knowing you never talked to us or gave us an opportunity to show our side or round out your story. In fact, when we told you your account was fairly flawed, you told us even if we did present evidence to the contrary, you weren't going to change anything. Sooo... have fun, I guess?

For a side that is so eager to say it is flawed, you - nor Rose or Nova wanted to clearly discuss what was flawed, what actually happened, or provide evidence of the contrary even though I was told you have evidence. I was told that it would need to be looked for, y'all would need to get back to me, or the like. 

The entire day, post-posting, I was confronted by all of your alliances involved either to be told I was incorrect OR to remove the article. During which time I asked for a full story of your side only to be supplied with nothing. I might be wrong here, but if there is evidence w/ screenshots on one side of a story - you simply stating 'thats wrong' doesn't make you right.

I never told anyone I wasn't going to change anything, I told everyone I would update the article. What I did say was the article wasn't being removed. If there was an instance of 'i'm not changing it' - it would be referencing the article. I"m not changing the article, I'd be providing an update to the article. I suppose if that was your attempt to spin narrative in your favor, nice try?

The idea here, which I've told everyone is not me taking the side of BoC, BK Sphere - although that is what y'all assume, mostly because you think within a narrow spectrum, no, the idea here is dialogue, communication, and an openness to actually shares stories is needed. Countless times I"ve gone to alliances asking for details only to have  a door shut in my face yet I'm always told we need content on ORB, I had a story hit my desk and I ran with it to the best of my abilities - yet, even when providing content I'm met with threats, shit heads in my DMs and a bunch of whiney people, such as yourself, who take things a bit too seriously.

Plenty of people, from both sides of that story shared information that matched up - no - I don't share my sources, I don't share those I talked to, I keep anonymity alive so that information can continue to flow and trust is developed. All of you demanding a list of everyone I spoke to, highly disrespectful. 

If anything, I would hope that this article allows people to look into their foreign affairs, start thinking for themselves, and actually start talking - communicating and creating your own politics, and not be pushed around. 

Since posting day, I blocked viselli for constant demands to remove the article while providing no evidence of the contrary - only to say I'm wrong and he's right.
I have not heard back from Rose who stated they were going to get back to me so they could make sure they were telling me the truth. lol
I talked to TKR peeps who I explained this whole thing to - all of this will be in the update to the article (I wanted to make sure I provided ample time for others to come forward)

But hey, this is a game Adrienne, fun is what its all about. 

I would like to note - of all stories, controversies and the like - this one seems to have hit a lot of nerves for those alliances called out. Have it been untrue, I expected some funny DMs, some shit talk, and maybe some laughs - but defensive measures seem to be quite high. If nothing happened, if this is so untrue, why the high defense NR, Rose, TKR? Just curious. Asking for a friend.

I don't think a short, calm conversation with Schirm or a call out on the forums after you told us you're not changing anything constitutes as high defense. If what you meant by "Even if some reason y'all came up with some screenshots and it was that boc and all them are liars the article would stay" is that you'll update the article but won't take it down, so be it. Definitely wasn't how that came across in the context of that conversation. 

My main issue here though is not the article itself. You didn't actually post any evidence against TKR so there's nothing for me to disprove actually. My issue is you wondering why people are upset after you posted a seemingly one-sided article full of unsubstantiated claims and then dismissing it as "well, you should have talked to me then" when you never swung by to talk to them in the first place. No one should be having to chase you down about this after the fact, they should have been included in the story from the beginning.

Edited by Nizam Adrienne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

3 hours ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

I don't think a short, calm conversation with Schirm or a call out on the forums after you told us you're not changing anything constitutes as high defense. If what you meant by "Even if some reason y'all came up with some screenshots and it was that boc and all them are liars the article would stay" is that you'll update the article but won't take it down, so be it. Definitely wasn't how that came across in the context of that conversation. 

My main issue here though is not the article itself. You didn't actually post any evidence against TKR so there's nothing for me to disprove actually. My issue is you wondering why people are upset after you posted a seemingly one-sided article full of unsubstantiated claims and then dismissing it as "well, you should have talked to me then" when you never swung by to talk to them in the first place. No one should be having to chase you down about this after the fact, they should have been included in the story from the beginning.

so - the same reply as before, but with more words?

K

• Downvote 1