Changes to "Low Cost" projects

Prefontaine

Great idea, would certainly help bringing them to par with the state of the game, considering the boost in income and the scale of the new projects. Perhaps numbers should be tweaked according to ROI.

1 hour ago, Malal said:

Using your cost formula, if someone decided to build the arms stockpile at city 30+ their marginal cost would be in the years. 

You're entirely wrong and just making wild assumptions. Using my city for example, if I had maxed munitions factories (which I should at least be close to if I'm getting a project for it), that would be a .9 per turn increase (50% bonus), per factory, per city in munitions productions. That would be ~1.3M bonus profits a day. Which would be ~41 days before a full ROI. 

At 35 cities you're looking at a 47 day ROI.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

You're entirely wrong and just making wild assumptions. Using my city for example, if I had maxed munitions factories (which I should at least be close to if I'm getting a project for it), that would be a .9 per turn increase (50% bonus), per factory, per city in munitions productions. That would be ~1.3M bonus profits a day. Which would be ~41 days before a full ROI. 

At 35 cities you're looking at a 47 day ROI.

Let's break this down 

You'd need 8.04 lead per day per factory or 60.3 for 5 with 1.5x cost in a city or just under $65k at current market prices for lead

Operational costs are 3500 per day or $17500 for 5

You'd receive 24.12 PDPF of munitions or 180.9 a day with 1.5x bonus for ~168k

168000-(17500+65000)= $85500 a day after buying the project. For comparison it would be ~125500-(17500+48500)=$59500 without the project. At 30 cities you'd have a bonus of only $780k which is ~115 days. If, however, you take that $90mil and chuck it into a bank at 2% weekly and forget about it instead you'd generate 1.8mil every 7 days and it would take 265 days to be a worthwhile investment, assuming market prices don't fall further, of course. Not nearly a year I admit but close enough to make the project useless. This is especially awful since munition factories are currently the most profitable manufactured resource. 

But ultimately none of the above matters since everyone above 20 cities is already spamming tf out of food

• Like 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win