Treasures - Random idea that might be trash

Prefontaine

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

So this will happen tomorrow. Like how you just randomly throw out ideas and they happen.

How about a real idea like my proposed MIRV project and the Laser Defense Project to counter it? 

Right. This thread is for discussing/brainstorming changes to treasures. Please stay on topic. To address your... displeasure? over my ideas getting more traction than others perhaps you should direct that to Alex directly?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

scSqPGJ.gif

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

I am directing to the person controlling the puppet named Alex. With your hand so deep, I figured you could tickle his tonsils while you are throwing out ideas.

Many of my ideas and suggestions get rejected by the person you claim I'm in control of. The ones he's willing to do get put into a public setting, and then go forward. One of these first changes was city costs which has yet to be introduced and may not be due to the feedback given. If you have further concerns, feel free to contact me via PMs or on discord. As stated previous this thread is for discussing changes to treasures, not dirty laundry. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

2 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Many of my ideas and suggestions get rejected by the person you claim I'm in control of. The ones he's willing to do get put into a public setting, and then go forward. One of these first changes was city costs which has yet to be introduced and may not be due to the feedback given. If you have further concerns, feel free to contact me via PMs or on discord. As stated previous this thread is for discussing changes to treasures, not dirty laundry. 

It's not dirty laundry having everyone know that you're the mouthpiece. The dirty laundry is how much he pays you to take the heat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

It's not dirty laundry having everyone know that you're the mouthpiece. The dirty laundry is how much he pays you to take the heat.

Apparently you weren't around when I used to spam suggestions to the game more often than I am currently. Alex stated he was going to put more effort into the game this summer and I saw that as an opportunity to offer ideas that can get implemented. I'm not sure where this seeming aggression towards it is coming from. I've a wide variety of knowledge in games like this, as do many others. Lots of people have been speaking to him about ideas. In regards to me being a mouthpiece, I have always been a mouth piece. Look at my post count and upvotes. I talk. I talk a lot. I've also never been afraid of "heat" or have shied away from a debate. 

The thing I've learn in dealing with Alex these last 4-5 years, you're not going to get ideas across well that he doesn't give a fark about. Your Mirv/Laser defense projects might be great ideas, but he might not feel they have a place in his game. I get the frustration that comes with having your good ideas ignored -- you don't know how often that has happened to me (see: perks for example). However just because my ideas are gaining traction where yours may have not is largely to do with me talking to Alex and asking him "What changes are you looking to make any why". Finding out what he wants to work on and then trying to work along with him to get it done. Your ideas will be better received if they're ideas he wants to work on at this time. That doesn't mean ideas outside of that scope won't happen or get completely ignored, it just means its far less like to have any sort of priority. 

I'm not entirely sure as to why you're seemingly so pissed towards me about things, and again I encourage you to reach out to me privately. This will be the last time I address you on this thread, or others about this topic.. Please stop derailing my thread away from its intent.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

The problem I foresee with this change is the larger alliances will push the smaller ones around, It happens already with silly things like naming the color spheres, The other issue will be those who have a lot of pull.

Take Olive, NPO is the largest alliance, all others but one is protected, allied by or with someone connected to NPO so they would all agree within seconds NPO gets all three, then look at other colors such as Black, you have what 5 alliances that matter plus 13 alliances made up with small inactive nations, Plus you have Arrgh who is known for raiding and selling treasures will they only be able to do this now on Black and if so kind of kills that market for them.

I would rather see better treasures, such as one that will reduce city costs for the alliance who hold its, another that boost income, another that reduce infra, another that boost the damage your army does, it would make treasures more worthwhile depending on the demand at the time, such as a military one would be one everyone would want before going in to war, the city one would be great for those who do mass city growth programs and so on.

32 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Apparently you weren't around when I used to spam suggestions to the game more often than I am currently. Alex stated he was going to put more effort into the game this summer and I saw that as an opportunity to offer ideas that can get implemented. I'm not sure where this seeming aggression towards it is coming from. I've a wide variety of knowledge in games like this, as do many others. Lots of people have been speaking to him about ideas. In regards to me being a mouthpiece, I have always been a mouth piece. Look at my post count and upvotes. I talk. I talk a lot. I've also never been afraid of "heat" or have shied away from a debate. 

The thing I've learn in dealing with Alex these last 4-5 years, you're not going to get ideas across well that he doesn't give a fark about. Your Mirv/Laser defense projects might be great ideas, but he might not feel they have a place in his game. I get the frustration that comes with having your good ideas ignored -- you don't know how often that has happened to me (see: perks for example). However just because my ideas are gaining traction where yours may have not is largely to do with me talking to Alex and asking him "What changes are you looking to make any why". Finding out what he wants to work on and then trying to work along with him to get it done. Your ideas will be better received if they're ideas he wants to work on at this time. That doesn't mean ideas outside of that scope won't happen or get completely ignored, it just means its far less like to have any sort of priority. 

I'm not entirely sure as to why you're seemingly so pissed towards me about things, and again I encourage you to reach out to me privately. This will be the last time I address you on this thread, or others about this topic.. Please stop derailing my thread away from its intent.

Blah blah blah. Give his jaw a rest.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

I want VIP members to be able to contribute treasure names/icons that get pulled randomly from an icon and word bank.

I wanna see someone get hit by a pirate/people pay 300 million for Shifty’s Lucky Penny or Shifty’s Toenail Clippings.

Maybe even make treasures based off players and things they did.

Shifty's Newspaper, Greene's Money Printer, Rado's Ponzi Gypsy Train, all sorts of fun stuff.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Can confirm, the vast majority of precums ideas are trash and everyone should be glad they haven't all been implemented

• Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

6 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Shifty's Newspaper, Greene's Money Printer, Rado's Ponzi Gypsy Train, all sorts of fun stuff.

Akuryo bodypillow

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™?
  • Haha 1

What about a game wide pool of treasures that each color bid on that would apply to the whole color?  With diminishing returns to disincentive them all going to the biggest colors and some diminishing returns based on player count.  Would require alliances on every color to work together to raise money.  And create potential drama between color spheres.

• Upvote 2
GnWq7CW.png

It’d be cool if all the VIPs could vote on a new treasure idea, like colour bloc voting.

Also on the original idea, did you mean put money and resources forward like a bid in an auction?

inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

11 hours ago, Azaghul said:

What about a game wide pool of treasures that each color bid on that would apply to the whole color?  With diminishing returns to disincentive them all going to the biggest colors and some diminishing returns based on player count.  Would require alliances on every color to work together to raise money.  And create potential drama between color spheres.

Expanding on this idea:

Calculation

Color bonus = Income bonus = 1.5 x ((Players on Color / Total Players * 16)*Number of Treasures On Color)^.7

For a color with an average number of players: 1 treasure = 1.5% bonus, 2 treasures = 2.44%, 3 treasures = 3.24%, 4 treasures = 3.96%, 5 treasures = 4.63%

If a color had 2x as many players as the average color, it would need twice as many treasures to get the same bonus.  Similarly, a sphere with only half the average would only need 1 treasure to get the benefit of 2.

Bidding

33 Total treasures, or an average of about 2 per color.  A treasure lasts for 66 days and one expires every 2 days.  Every treasure is associated with a resource, each resource has 3 treasures associated with it.  2 days before the treasure expires, bidding opens up.  Any nation can contribute to the pool for their color.   Bidding is done with the resource associated with that treasure.  At the end of the period, the treasure is assigned to the color with the highest bid.  All bids are non-refundable.

The Benefits

1) Making it resource based would make it a resource sink.

2) Bidding offers opportunity for drama, last minute steals, individual players to screw up plans coordinated by broader agreements about bidding, etc.

3) There are diminishing returns to limit incentives for one color to run up the score.

4) The revolving nature of it makes it more continuously interesting.

5) There's some potentially interesting politics.  Do all the alliances and colors work together to share with non-compete agreements?  Do alliances on a color work together to raise funds and/ coerce alliances on the color to contribute to bids?  When do they choose to bid?

6) The non-refundable nature of bids gives people more incentive to be strategic, and also to be mad if someone steals a treasure out from under them.

• Upvote 5
GnWq7CW.png

• Administrators
On 5/10/2019 at 1:16 PM, Azaghul said:

Expanding on this idea:

Calculation

Color bonus = Income bonus = 1.5 x ((Players on Color / Total Players * 16)*Number of Treasures On Color)^.7

For a color with an average number of players: 1 treasure = 1.5% bonus, 2 treasures = 2.44%, 3 treasures = 3.24%, 4 treasures = 3.96%, 5 treasures = 4.63%

If a color had 2x as many players as the average color, it would need twice as many treasures to get the same bonus.  Similarly, a sphere with only half the average would only need 1 treasure to get the benefit of 2.

Bidding

33 Total treasures, or an average of about 2 per color.  A treasure lasts for 66 days and one expires every 2 days.  Every treasure is associated with a resource, each resource has 3 treasures associated with it.  2 days before the treasure expires, bidding opens up.  Any nation can contribute to the pool for their color.   Bidding is done with the resource associated with that treasure.  At the end of the period, the treasure is assigned to the color with the highest bid.  All bids are non-refundable.

The Benefits

1) Making it resource based would make it a resource sink.

2) Bidding offers opportunity for drama, last minute steals, individual players to screw up plans coordinated by broader agreements about bidding, etc.

3) There are diminishing returns to limit incentives for one color to run up the score.

4) The revolving nature of it makes it more continuously interesting.

5) There's some potentially interesting politics.  Do all the alliances and colors work together to share with non-compete agreements?  Do alliances on a color work together to raise funds and/ coerce alliances on the color to contribute to bids?  When do they choose to bid?

6) The non-refundable nature of bids gives people more incentive to be strategic, and also to be mad if someone steals a treasure out from under them.

I really like this idea and the amount of thought you've put into it.

This is a complex system, but I think it would be a lot of fun. One thought though, is that if it's Color Trade Bloc based (which I like) are the treasures still assigned to individual nations? Would it perhaps make more sense for this to be a new feature entirely, called something else aside from Treasures, and Color Trade Bloc specific?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Mmm... Not totally agreeing with this. I mean just because your are on the same color block doesn't mean you like the alliances/nations on it. I know some alliances/nations don't want resources being put toward their political enemies benefit. Maybe having nations bidding within an alliance is more beneficial.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 5/9/2019 at 1:30 PM, Akuryo said:

MinesomeMC's Crystal of Micros

On 5/12/2019 at 11:13 AM, Alex said:

I really like this idea and the amount of thought you've put into it.

This is a complex system, but I think it would be a lot of fun. One thought though, is that if it's Color Trade Bloc based (which I like) are the treasures still assigned to individual nations? Would it perhaps make more sense for this to be a new feature entirely, called something else aside from Treasures, and Color Trade Bloc specific?

I'd be inclined against individual nations just because it's too easy to effectively sell them that way or steal them with military means, it makes the auctions less important.  As for replacing treasures or being a new feature, I'm agnostic.

On 5/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, Deulos said:

Mmm... Not totally agreeing with this. I mean just because your are on the same color block doesn't mean you like the alliances/nations on it. I know some alliances/nations don't want resources being put toward their political enemies benefit. Maybe having nations bidding within an alliance is more beneficial.

The fact that it might make or at least encourage people who don't like each other have to work together is a benefit.  It creates more potential for drama.   The choice to do something that benefits yourself as well as an enemy makes that choice more interesting.

• Like 1
GnWq7CW.png

Warning issued by Mr. MeeSeeks

20 hours ago

Penalty

• Given 1 points which expire 08/13/19 01:53 AM

Note for member

You have received a warning for Topic Hijacking. 

This is a direct violation under the Forum Rules/Guidelines that you agreed to when you created an account on this forum OR acknowledged when a public change was made to those rules. Please revisit the Politics & War Forum Rules/Guidelines here.

Should you have a question on your warning, point system, suggestion or concern - please send a member of the Moderation team a PM. Should you wish to appeal this warning, please use the appropriate forum. 

Thank You.

-PW Forum Moderation Team

Ok. A popular reply is now "topic hijacking". I see more than one hand tickling those tonsils.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It seems like a lot of extra work for very little payout. Sheepy would need to code an entirely new system for this to work. And to what end? There is no guarantee that alliances will invest. They'd prolly make a better return investing in new cities for their alliance, especially since cities can't be stolen.