5/8/2019 - 2 New National Projects, Improved City Growth, Increased Daily Login Bonus

Alex

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Rosey Song said:

Can we please get the actual formula for the new population so we can update sheets(and any other tools) that calculate it?

Yes, it's included in this thread: 

EDIT: While the relevant part of the formula is included in the graph screenshot, I've updated the formula here to be very clear about how it's changed: https://politicsandwar.fandom.com/wiki/City_Formulas

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yes, it's included in this thread: 

EDIT: While the relevant part of the formula is included in the graph screenshot, I've updated the formula here to be very clear about how it's changed: https://politicsandwar.fandom.com/wiki/City_Formulas

Thanks, that edit is more or less what I was looking for

• Like 1

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

This is a really good update, and for some reason I was fearing the worst lol

I certainly look forward to playing with the new projects later.

• Like 1

Like the cost of the advanced city project is $400,000,000 and prices are currently dirt cheap. The second they rise the project is going to useless as the return will be less and less. Cute idea though. 

Update has made my pockets a little fatter so a B+ from me.

• Upvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

2 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

Like the cost of the advanced city project is $400,000,000 and prices are currently dirt cheap. The second they rise the project is going to useless as the return will be less and less. Cute idea though. 

Update has made my pockets a little fatter so a B+ from me.

>literally just sell and sell while hoarding money, then buy the projects and use your saved cash to spike in cities

Plebs, these people are like the mobs who run in for iPhones and get trampled.

Guest Epi

Sees cheaper project for city 11s, cries tiers of joy to Econ department.

Does Math

Why have ye forsaken us.

--

But good update

Isn't the entire point of the update to increase the prices of resources?

Once resource prices increase those projects are going to be completely useless, the investment will outweigh the savings.

• Upvote 2

XLL3z4T.gif

1 minute ago, Sketchy said:

Isn't the entire point of the update to increase the prices of resources?

Once resource prices increase those projects are going to be completely useless, the investment will outweigh the savings.

People will buy the projects and keep the prices high, so we'll never have another great depression. This helps keep the floor of resource prices high. Everyone rushes to buy our the market to fill their unused slots/because they can/to sell to other people when prices go up; prices go up; people sell those resources to other people who want the projects. People are buying resources, so the market stays high. And the market stays high so people have the money to buy cities, to then buy the infra, to then buy the project, to then buy the resources, to then buy more cities. Rinse & Repeat.

A+

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KiWilliam said:

People will buy the projects and keep the prices high, so we'll never have another great depression. This helps keep the floor of resource prices high. Everyone rushes to buy our the market to fill their unused slots/because they can/to sell to other people when prices go up; prices go up; people sell those resources to other people who want the projects. People are buying resources, so the market stays high. And the market stays high so people have the money to buy cities, to then buy the infra, to then buy the project, to then buy the resources, to then buy more cities. Rinse & Repeat.

A+

The only people who are going to buy the project if they are smart are whales who have most or all of the current projects already, and thats a maybe.

A person at 11 cities isn't going to have the means to purchase the smaller city planning project which right now goes for about 240m, and will likely be closer to 600m once the market adjusts if this update is effective. Thats not even considering the larger one which is currently going for about 550m, and will cost closer to 1bn if as I said, the market adjusts. Even with resources going up, the income of nations won't go up nearly enough to cover that.

At which point, the rate of return for the project is going to be severely hampered. since if someone DOES buy it at city 11, its going to take them AGES of saving they could have spent buying cities or purchasing different projects that have much better returns. If they wait and buy it when they are a whale, most of the savings they would have gotten for it won't apply since they bought the cities already, and are now buying cities at a much slower rate.

• Upvote 4

XLL3z4T.gif

^ good point, but seems to forget that you will lose the 5% and won't get the 5% city cost reduction until you get the projects, so it's not just 150m you save.
This should be changed for pplz un 11 or 15 cities, think they should have that 5% without the projects, but as for the whales... let us struggle XP

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

6 hours ago, Sketchy said:

A person at 11 cities isn't going to have the means to purchase the smaller city planning project which right now goes for about 240m, and will likely be closer to 600m once the market adjusts if this update is effective. Thats not even considering the larger one which is currently going for about 550m, and will cost closer to 1bn if as I said, the market adjusts. Even with resources going up, the income of nations won't go up nearly enough to cover that.

Exactly. Even for nations above 15 cities, it’s still a grind.

In order to get both projects, at current market prices, and buy back all the resources I spend, I need to save up around 1 billion (I averaged out the averages of the numbers you gave so it’s not too much or too little), which will take 125 days (4 months) with my income of 8m/day. Keep in mind I have 18 cities and ITC.

So imagine how long it will take for 15-city nations to get the project. They either have to decide whether to buy ITC or not, and in both cases they have to wait longer (to either get back the money/resources spent or to get the money with a lower income).

And as I recall, I earned something ridiculously low, maybe 1-2m/day when I was city 11. To get the ~300-400m need for the first project, it might take a whole year. It’s better to just buy cities normally and increase your revenue so the total time is shortened.

And these numbers are based on the assumption that market prices will stay low, which won’t happen, as everyone will want to make some money on thousands of players buying resources.

TL;DR - Change policy to Manifest Destiny and save up your money.

Edited by TitoBroz

Just now, Alex said:

I am also beginning work on API version 1.1 which will be better documented and a huge improvement from the current API.

I would like more detail on what you have planned for this

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Micchan said:

The two new projects cost too much, it doesn't help smaller nations because no one has the money to buy them

It's a good thing they don't cost any money :P

10 hours ago, Sketchy said:

The only people who are going to buy the project if they are smart are whales who have most or all of the current projects already, and thats a maybe.

At which point, the rate of return for the project is going to be severely hampered. since if someone DOES buy it at city 11, its going to take them AGES of saving they could have spent buying cities or purchasing different projects that have much better returns. If they wait and buy it when they are a whale, most of the savings they would have gotten for it won't apply since they bought the cities already, and are now buying cities at a much slower rate.

The best part about national projects is that they're optional. If you don't want to buy them, or don't think they're cost effective, then just pretend they don't exist. You're not harmed in any way.

Your argument also just isn't logical. How they be so useless no one will buy them AND cause market prices to increase because people are saving up to buy them? Both of things cannot be true.

9 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

^ good point, but seems to forget that you will lose the 5% and won't get the 5% city cost reduction until you get the projects, so it's not just 150m you save.
This should be changed for pplz un 11 or 15 cities, think they should have that 5% without the projects, but as for the whales... let us struggle XP

What 5% are you talking about?

5 hours ago, TitoBroz said:

Exactly. Even for nations above 15 cities, it’s still a grind.

In order to get both projects, at current market prices, and buy back all the resources I spend, I need to save up around 1 billion (I averaged out the averages of the numbers you gave so it’s not too much or too little), which will take 125 days (4 months) with my income of 8m/day. Keep in mind I have 18 cities and ITC.

So imagine how long it will take for 15-city nations to get the project. They either have to decide whether to buy ITC or not, and in both cases they have to wait longer (to either get back the money/resources spent or to get the money with a lower income).

And as I recall, I earned something ridiculously low, maybe 1-2m/day when I was city 11. To get the ~300-400m need for the first project, it might take a whole year. It’s better to just buy cities normally and increase your revenue so the total time is shortened.

And these numbers are based on the assumption that market prices will stay low, which won’t happen, as everyone will want to make some money on thousands of players buying resources.

TL;DR - Change policy to Manifest Destiny and save up your money.

I think you're over-estimating the costs of the project, and also not considering the large income boosts from the population growth modifier change, as well as the increased daily login bonus. Here are the numbers at current market prices, after the market has spiked in response to the update (I expect prices will settle a bit lower than this in a couple of days.)

City Planning

image.png

Advanced City Planning

image.png

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic