Quality of Life Improvements

Adrienne

2 api features
these relate to the nation object.
- Last Nuked
- Last Missile'd

shadows are all colors of the rainbow, just blocked by an object, we hide in those shadows, and we hide in those dark valleys every night and day they have a shadow in them

1. Make importing/exporting city builds a one-click action. Basically you build a city the way you want it and there's a button (with a little checkbox "are you sure?") and it copies to every city rather than the current model of clicking, copying, clicking, clicking, pasting, checking box, clicking.

2. Alliance and nation pages don't load by default. Since no one seems to care or enforce rules about keeping a reasonable page - please make it an extra click to load all the pictures, youtube videos, ten paragraph essays, and other page clutter. We shouldn't have to wait 30 mins to get to our alliance bank due to load times on background gifs, and we shouldn't have to scroll 3 full page lengths to find someone's actual nation info because the youtube embed is gigantic.

• Upvote 1

Still not one word on Color Blind / Visual impairment options.   Still refusing to believe that some people have trouble seeing things on this game.  I spent a long time going over suggestions with Alex on color blind improvements and also visually impaired options...still nothing...

4 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Still not one word on Color Blind / Visual impairment options.   Still refusing to believe that some people have trouble seeing things on this game.  I spent a long time going over suggestions with Alex on color blind improvements and also visually impaired options...still nothing...

I haven't heard of these yet. Post them here? We'll see what we can do to push some of those changes.

BrOQBND.jpg

Just now, Adrienne said:

I haven't heard of these yet. Post them here? We'll see what we can do to push some of those changes.

Edit: I realized you probably meant for him to post some of the things he's mentioned to Alex to improve accessibility, but oh well... guess it's good to have his original thread linked anyway.

Edited by Jacob Knox
Came to a realization
  • Like 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

On 1/23/2023 at 9:52 PM, Adrienne said:

I mean there was a whole ticket and everything.  Lots of easy changes.  I will try to find the list

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Virtue said:

I would like to suggest adding to the approval ratings of the nation's ie. give reasons to keep them high. Also give social policies a purpose. 

no

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Virtue said:

I would like to suggest adding to the approval ratings of the nation's ie. give reasons to keep them high. Also give social policies a purpose. 

Aside from the fact that I disagree, this is literally not even a Quality of Life (QoL) improvement.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Not sure if this has been said already, but add a part in the Battle screen showing the odds/probabilities of getting an immense triumph, moderate success, pyrrhic victory, etc.

• Upvote 2

I need money

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Not sure if this has been said already, but add a part in the Battle screen showing the odds/probabilities of getting an immense triumph, moderate success, pyrrhic victory, etc.

First I'd rather them fix the MAP problem than giving the battle screen more content, it's broken as is, but not a bad QoL

QoL improvement suggestions: 

1.) Add seconds to the in-game clock and to denote when attacks/war decs etc. occur

2.) Add more statistics to war battle logs - A lot of this stuff is already captured in the action log it just doesn't populate in the battle log. It may seem superfluous to include troop changes in every war timeline across potentially 9 different wars - but it helps understand how things unfolded without opening up every single war history. 

image.png.12bd815cd673a8d60fa7a95402393002.png 

4.) Add more achievements/badges - maybe open this up to the community for ideas. A badge for 1 million tank kills, maybe one for holding a treasure, etc. 

5.) Create exclusive alliance badges in-game - There are small badges that alliances can win on their alliance page, and players can pay for. But there should be badges that alliances can create that people can add to their nation profiles. 

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

some kind of highlight on the trade page for nations in your alliance. we have this for allied nations but not for our own members, why?

come on Village, this should be a fairly easy add.

Edited by im317
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=619&display=war

When looking at an alliance's wars, there are 2 buttons to check at the top - Offensive and Defensive wars. 

I have 2 gripes.

1. When you check one of them, to say only look at offensive wars, and hit move to next page (ie to look at the next 50), it resets that filter and includes offensive and defensive wars again. You then need to uncheck defensive wars again and reload. 

2. I'd like another option to filter only active wars - that will get rid of all the expired/peaced/victorious/defeated wars. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2023 at 2:29 PM, im317 said:

some kind of highlight on the trade page for nations in your alliance. we have this for allied nations but not for our own members, why?

come on Village, this should be a fairly easy add.

please. also sorry