Refactor City Population Growth (as a function of city age)

Alex

I agree with this, but i think this isn't that much important compared to the current market prices and the economic system overall.

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

@Alex I shall accept this change but would still like $4bil or 10 cities as compensation regardless 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Nooooo! This would conflict with my extremely specific and niche gameplay style and tactics and therefore I will disagree with it on that basis even if it is good for the game in general ?

J/k: it's a good change. I just wanted to object in order to make you wrong

?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

• Administrators
On 5/4/2019 at 4:19 PM, WISD0MTREE said:

I approve of your suggestion, but disapprove of your graphing utility. You can't please everybody. :P

Do you have a better suggestion? I've been a huge fan of Desmos, it's super easy and convenient.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Do you have a better suggestion? I've been a huge fan of Desmos, it's super easy and convenient.

No, I was just messing with you. I've never used Desmos, so idk what it's like.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• Administrators
16 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

No, I was just messing with you. I've never used Desmos, so idk what it's like.

It's desmos.com if you ever want to check it out :P Pretty handy tool

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'm going to against the grain and say I'm not a fan of this.

Broadly, I'd like to see a lot more dynamic city builds within a nation.  Right now most people have a cookie cutter build that they use for every city.  That's kind of... boring.  It would be much more interesting if the game gave people incentives to create specialized cities.

Right now, city age is the only underlying factor that changes from city to city for any particular player.  It is by and large the only thing that would give them a reason to build some cities differently than others.

What this change would do, by boosting up younger cities so quickly, is make city age less important by greatly narrowing the gap between cities that are young but not brand new and older cities.  It would further reinforce cookie cutter city building.

A better approach, in my opinion, would be to keep the current age gap but give younger cities some kind of boost in some other attribute that would give them more reason to treat young and old cities differently.  Specifically, something like a boost to resource production that declines with age.  Or something that affects pollution.  Or military.

GnWq7CW.png

On 5 May 2019 at 5:19 AM, WISD0MTREE said:

I approve of your suggestion, but disapprove of your graphing utility. You can't please everybody. :P

oi m8 don't go dissin my boi desmos

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yes, this suggestion has been implemented, and so I am locking this thread to keep this subforum tidy.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic