Six New National Projects

Wendell

Hello,

I am proposing six new national projects that I have heard suggested by players with little spin on it.

Water,Water,Water,Water,Water,and Water

Just Kidding

Chemical Weapons Research Facility(requires: Missile Launch Pad)

-Enables you to launch chemical weapons upon your enemies. Reduces effectiveness of armed soldiers by 50%, reduces POPULATION in 1 city by 5%. A chemical weapon would cost 6 military action points and effect resets at day change. 

Cost: 30 million dollars, 40000 food, 8000 iron, 8000 bauxite, 3000 steel

Space Program (yes I know someone already proposed this)

-Put a satellite into orbit to benefit your nation. Increases mining efficiency 30%, increases spy chances by 10%, increases your missile infra destroyed by 50, reduces cost of improvements by 3%.

Cost: 100 million dollars, 90000 food, 5000 aluminum, 8000 gasoline, 300 oil

High Rise Residential Area

-Increase your population from 10 peeps per infra to 12 peeps per infra. Increases pollution by 20% nationwide. 

Cost: 8 million dollars, 5000 food, 750 steel, 750 aluminum.

Suburbia(Requires: International Trade Center)

-Increases population income by 0.50 cents for every percentage point above 100%. 

Cost:  50 million dollars, 10000 food, 4000 gasoline, 4000 steel, 2500 aluminum.

Anti-Aircraft System(Requires: Iron Dome)

-Reduces aircraft by up to 80%(depending on war type)when enemy aircraft attack. Also reduces the number of aircraft you can use by 30%, as the gun needs less friendly aircraft in the air to shoot down enemy aircraft effectively. 

Cost: 35 million dollars, 5000 munitions, 3500 steel, 5000 bauxite, 2000 gasoline

State Agencies

-Paperwork, stamps and greedy officials. Collect fees from hospitals, police stations, and recycling centers. Decreases military effectiveness by 0.10, increases total amount looted by 10%and allowyou to send bribes to enemy officials causing(counts as espionage operation) commerce rates to drop, and up to 6000 soldiers to defect (not show up for war).

Cost: 15 million dollars, 3000 aluminum, 50000 food, 1500 steel

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

On 5/3/2019 at 2:57 PM, Deulos said:

-Increase your population from 10 peeps per infra to 12 peeps per infra. Increases pollution by 20% nationwide. 

I actually like this suggestion

Edited by Zevfer
  • Like 1

I'd like to first state that I appreciate people coming forward and suggesting things. It means that you're not merely interacting with other players but also actively working towards what you feel would be a better set of mechanics. I like theorizing, and it's always interesting to see how a change will affect certain stratagems.

With that out of the way...

The main problem I see with the suggestions listed here is that they are one-off purchases that won't scale well at all to the massive boosts that they can provide as the game moves forward. You also have to consider the impact on the game due to the criss-crossing of mechanics, and so on. I'll comment in-depth soon, but here's a few random thoughts.

On 5/3/2019 at 11:57 PM, Deulos said:

Cost: 8 million dollars, 5000 food, 750 steel, 750 aluminum.

I'm actually not all that opposed to this idea, in-fact, it's a decent idea. The problem lies with the numbers and what they mean to bigger nations.

It's 100 people per infrastructure unit. That would be 120 people per infrastructure unit, i.e., a +20 increase. I'll take my city as an example, which only has 1800 infrastructure, nowhere near what people have. This project would get me 36,000 extra citizens per city, i.e., 648,000 nation-wide. That's a significant income boost. Currently, I have 101 pollution in my first city. I've taken the liberty of assuming a 20% nationwide increase to pollution means a 20% increase per city. That's just over 20 points of pollution, which itself is an increase of 1% in disease.

I don't need the drydock I have in that city, so I could just as easily buy another hospital. Effectively, that means I'm neutering the effect for a significant increase in income. On one hand, this will address the shortage of cash in the market, but on the other, this will become increasingly ridiculous as you go upwards in terms of infrastructure till it finally reaches a point where it'll begin to taper off. Perhaps a solution to this would be to make costs relevant to the boost itself, i.e., the infrastructure amount you have then. When you add infrastructure, you incur a continual sink as well. We'll have to tinker with the numbers but in my opinion we can work with this project.

On 5/3/2019 at 11:57 PM, Deulos said:

Anti-Aircraft System(Requires: Iron Dome)

-Reduces aircraft by up to 80%(depending on war type)when enemy aircraft attack. Also reduces the number of aircraft you can use by 30%, as the gun needs less friendly aircraft in the air to shoot down enemy aircraft effectively. 

Cost: 35 million dollars, 5000 munitions, 3500 steel, 5000 bauxite, 2000 gasoline

If I understood this correctly, this would be ridiculously overpowered. If I'm sitting at 30 cities, I could buy this project without blinking and neuter any chances smaller nations would have of ever taking my planes down. Hell, that would apply to similarly tier'ed nations as well. I don't mind the project itself, but it requires significant thought as to how you'll balance it, how you'll scale it and whether it'll have roofs/floors.

I'll comment on the other projects later, feel like I might pass out.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 5

On 5/3/2019 at 8:57 AM, Deulos said:

Water,Water,Water,Water,Water,and Water <--MinesomeMC approves

Chemical Weapons Research Facility(requires: Missile Launch Pad)

-Enables you to launch chemical weapons upon your enemies. Reduces effectiveness of armed soldiers by 50%, reduces POPULATION in 1 city by 5%. A chemical weapon would cost 6 military action points and effect resets at day change. 

Cost: 30 million dollars, 40000 food, 8000 iron, 8000 bauxite, 3000 steel

bashar-al-assad-approves.jpg