Market Regulation or Market Manipulation?

Raphael

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Soxirella said:

@Alex People don't, bots do.

Besides, you could have taken five minutes, or even more, to buy stuff, to ensure you were not buying mostly from the same alliance/sphere.

And even if you did, you interfered with the game and gave certain players advantage over others, small or big.

I don't see how you cannot acknowledge that was a mistake, and if you really want to be fair to everyone, it's something that needs to be fixed.

I'm not disagreeing some people got good deals, I'm just saying it was because they got lucky and not because I made any effort to favor anyone.

Me trying to go out of my way to distribute money evenly would almost certainly be more biased than a randomly choosing trades available on the market.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

@Alex My point was, the fact you decided to interfere in the game itself was wrong - whether anyone benefited or not, or whether you did so intentionally or random is irrelevant.

Also, please try to spend whatever little time you do updating this game into the game mechanics, and fix the issue long term, rather than spending it on cosmetic changes.

For starters, you can create a new game suggestion thread requesting ideas on how to remove resources from the market.

One suggestion to kick us off, although it may not be ideal or liked by all, would be to make a city get destroyed, if it is at zero infra for more than three days. Or it could just stop producing for 30 days, if the infra goes down to zero.

That way, supply would reduce.

Another idea would be to introduce accelerated decay on production. In other words, if you have less than 10 cities, and if you can produce three tons of coal per day, having 11 cities will reduce that to 2.95, 15 would reduce it to 2.5, 20 cities would reduce it to 2, or something similar.

• Upvote 1

I'm okay with this as long as it stays limited to a few bil and doesn't spiral out to where there are tens of billions being injected into the economy :D 

Good intentions, mediocre results. It's the man's game. Experiments are worth it.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Alex said:

I'm not disagreeing some people got good deals, I'm just saying it was because they got lucky and not because I made any effort to favor anyone.

Me trying to go out of my way to distribute money evenly would almost certainly be more biased than a randomly choosing trades available on the market.

Regardless of intent, you gave 2/3rd's (64.36%) of the money to 3 alliances out of the 20+ you bought from. Yes it was technically random choice but you are now seeing the result laid out before you with raw data.

Things like this can give edges to people or have butterfly effects on some other important event later in the game.

All I'm seeing is people basically whining that they weren't active in the market and selling for the lowest price. If Sheepy wanted to do a little experiment, who cares. He needs information for when he tries to make alterations to the game. Y'all are saying it mostly benefitted three alliances, well that isn't Sheepy's problem that they had bulk and they knew to sell low.

• Upvote 1

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(