Alpha Recognition of War from Oblivion and Arrgh

Placentica

57 minutes ago, Otto Von Bismarck II said:

Great job ganging up on a 6 nation alliance that just came out of VM....

Is coming out of VM some kind of virtue that means you shouldn't be hit? Sorry, I don't think I follow.

• Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png

2 minutes ago, James II said:

SA/Alpha left after their war with TEst. They didn't rebuild or anything. They're coming back in the same state, as you cannot rebuild/buy military in VM.  It's akin to hitting an alliance right after they get out of getting hit down. It's like the guy choking a kitten and saying he fought off a mountain lion. Basically, Oblivion is a joke.

Bud. You can't expect them to understand a perfectly logical argument anymore than you can train a dog to count to 10.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Seb said:

Bud. You can't expect them to understand a perfectly logical argument anymore than you can train a dog to count to 10.

It's not their fault they only see 8 toes and not the creepy on on their elbow.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

3 minutes ago, James II said:

SA/Alpha left after their war with TEst. They didn't rebuild or anything. They're coming back in the same state, as you cannot rebuild/buy military in VM.  It's akin to hitting an alliance right after they get out of getting hit down. It's like the guy choking a kitten and saying he fought off a mountain lion. Basically, Oblivion is a joke.

First off, by the looks of it, the people were fully militarized so your point is invalid from the start. Also if statement were true it still wouldn’t mean anything as, don’t rage quit into VM and that wouldn’t happen.

• Like 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

2 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

First off, by the looks of it, the people were fully militarized so your point is invalid from the start. Also if statement were true it still wouldn’t mean anything as, don’t rage quit into VM and that wouldn’t happen.

I wouldn't expect you to understand considering you don't fight.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Just now, James II said:

I wouldn't expect you to understand considering you don't fight.

I would have to live in an alternate reality to understand considering they were all clearly rebuilt and militarized. Your statement is completely false. 

• Haha 2

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

1 hour ago, HopeSolo said:

>we didn't bail to avoid war. we were gearing for another wave when we decided to focus our attention on other games, not this one - which wasn't much fun. much like a lot of people we knew have left from the old days.  we had a peace offer on the table from TEst anyway. but we discussed it and were like "frick it, why bother". so we left.

buorhann, you've always seemed like a reasonable dude, but tell me how it's better to just randomly hit people vs. the political maneuvering and coalition building of great wars? 

Just wanted to bold the contradictory statements here.

As for the last statement there, political maneuvering wars ended years ago after the disbanding of Syndisphere 1.0.  When new leadership took place and new blocs consolidated, there was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG lull of inactivity going on (Except from Roz Wei, who did minor skirmishes here and there during that).

But let's tackle a couple of things here.

>Nuke Bloc doesn't exist
Sure, on paper it doesn't, but the same people leading different named alliances and remaining tied together still exists.

>Syndicate made things interesting with political maneuvering wars
75% of those wars were created from Mensa randomly burning pixels of some poor unfortunate alliance (Vanguard mostly) and their allies (Syndicate being the major one here) backing it up.  I think maybe 2 wars were really "political" (If I'm getting your implication right - the ones where Syndicate had a bone to pick with on UPN and Alpha iirc).

>Alpha is a punching bag
I've only been in military confrontation with you folks twice iirc.  Had you said "Vanguard" was a punching bag?  Sure.  Polaris a punching bag?  Sure.  Alpha though?  I couldn't give a damn about you guys.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I named Alpha off as being the only real threat in Nuke Bloc back then and even commended you guys on the blitz you had on Mensa in one of those wars.

Wrapping it back around to the initial statement of this reply - "political maneuvering conflicts" ended years ago, however, they could be making a comeback once these other alliances hurry the hell up with their "moves" they wanted to make since IQ disbanded.

Oblivion doesn't care for posting DoWs though, they just want to burn pixels.  Alpha has enough firepower to hit back and wipe them out.  Most of you were fully built up in military.  Consider it a "Welcome back" hit from them, I guess.  Go !@#$ at Ockey in DMs on Discord.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Just wanted to bold the contradictory statements here.

As for the last statement there, political maneuvering wars ended years ago after the disbanding of Syndisphere 1.0.  When new leadership took place and new blocs consolidated, there was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG lull of inactivity going on (Except from Roz Wei, who did minor skirmishes here and there during that).

But let's tackle a couple of things here.

>Nuke Bloc doesn't exist
Sure, on paper it doesn't, but the same people leading different named alliances and remaining tied together still exists.

>Syndicate made things interesting with political maneuvering wars
75% of those wars were created from Mensa randomly burning pixels of some poor unfortunate alliance (Vanguard mostly) and their allies (Syndicate being the major one here) backing it up.  I think maybe 2 wars were really "political" (If I'm getting your implication right - the ones where Syndicate had a bone to pick with on UPN and Alpha iirc).

>Alpha is a punching bag
I've only been in military confrontation with you folks twice iirc.  Had you said "Vanguard" was a punching bag?  Sure.  Polaris a punching bag?  Sure.  Alpha though?  I couldn't give a damn about you guys.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I named Alpha off as being the only real threat in Nuke Bloc back then and even commended you guys on the blitz you had on Mensa in one of those wars.

Wrapping it back around to the initial statement of this reply - "political maneuvering conflicts" ended years ago, however, they could be making a comeback once these other alliances hurry the hell up with their "moves" they wanted to make since IQ disbanded.

Oblivion doesn't care for posting DoWs though, they just want to burn pixels.  Alpha has enough firepower to hit back and wipe them out.  Most of you were fully built up in military.  Consider it a "Welcome back" hit from them, I guess.  Go !@#$ at Ockey in DMs on Discord.

Alpha doesn't do secret or paperless treaties.  We have no ties with anyone in Nuke Bloc.  Nuke bloc doesn't exist, and Alpha isn't a nuclear-focused alliance at the present time.  I specifically wanted to break up Nuke Bloc and it was successfully broken up so people could have a new punching bag (not from you, this is a general statement).  There is nothing I can say to you, when I have all the facts and you are just speculating, no offense. 

I do not wish and will never revive Nuke Bloc even if I could and I think nukes should just be removed from the game.  The war system in this game isn't great.  Spy blitz, Air blitz with numbers then win.  I personally find that wars with no stakes and no politics are boring.  Combine these two.  You can have an opinion that random wars are fun, that's your choice and it's cool.

Oblivion clearly doesn't think they have the firepower as they are accepting people back mid-war.  And we all know the game mechanics greatly favor the attacker, so if they don't win, they are fricking awful.  Plus SA left mid-war so they had no spies, and with new mechanics spies are just as important as planes.  None were built up in Alpha accept a few who hadn't finished their rebuild, just having left VM with no spies.  And  are we "dead weight' or is it a "fair fight"?  You folks need to make up your mind.

Edited by Placentica
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Epi said:

I'm too lazy to check the wars, but i heard Alpha started winning?

I mean I doubt they can lose much on stats, the SA guys have around 1k infra. So even lobbing nukes will likely net them a win.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

23 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

I mean I doubt they can lose much on stats, the SA guys have around 1k infra. So even lobbing nukes will likely net them a win.

We have not launched any nukes and do not plan on launching any win or lose as this time it's not a dogpile.  

Credit to Oblivion for keeping it to 11....err now 12 nations. We are not the same alliance you think you knew *but really didn't* but that's another story for another time. I hope I don't trigger you again Keegoz. I used to think you were an alright chap.

• Upvote 2