Kenshi

Chapsie

Has anyone here played much Kenshi? I love me some of that and might theme my nation after it. I’m trying to settle on a name and theme but I think what I got is good for now.

Hungry bandits beware.

• Upvote 3

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:29 PM, WISD0MTREE said:

I missed prayer day as I was just starting my first base. RIP

Yeah, I had unattended scandalous women running around and they didn't like that. We were marched straight to rebirth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Kenshi~

I used to roll with the Holy Sword start, but savescumming kills the game. The pro way to play is no savescumming, ever, and start in Rebirth. So long as you don't take TOO long to escape you should be able to grind your critical skills, such as the art of getting beaten the hell up, without the guards running out of medkits. You can absolutely escape once you're capable of naruto running, and then the world is pretty much yours to bum around in.

Still, you can't be complacent even then. Complacency plus iron spider lost me an arm while I was delving ruins for tech. No more than that, thankfully!

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Kenshi~

I used to roll with the Holy Sword start, but savescumming kills the game. The pro way to play is no savescumming, ever, and start in Rebirth. So long as you don't take TOO long to escape you should be able to grind your critical skills, such as the art of getting beaten the hell up, without the guards running out of medkits. You can absolutely escape once you're capable of naruto running, and then the world is pretty much yours to bum around in.

Still, you can't be complacent even then. Complacency plus iron spider lost me an arm while I was delving ruins for tech. No more than that, thankfully!

Yeah, the blood spiders are the bane of my smuggling runs in the swamp.

Rebirth start is lowkey the best one honestly. It provides all the necessary skills while not having to worry about food. Once you escape, you might even have saved a few prisoners in your attempt, and you can have a big ol gang of ex slaves to vanquish the menace that is The Holy Nation. May Narko curse you, high inquisitor. 

How many hours yall have?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Chapsie said:

Yeah, the blood spiders are the bane of my smuggling runs in the swamp.

Rebirth start is lowkey the best one honestly. It provides all the necessary skills while not having to worry about food. Once you escape, you might even have saved a few prisoners in your attempt, and you can have a big ol gang of ex slaves to vanquish the menace that is The Holy Nation. May Narko curse you, high inquisitor. 

How many hours yall have?

747 hours, been playing on and off since long before the current map existed... before FOOD existed, even.

And one thing's remained the same: frick the holy nation! Sexist racist slavers, their only use is to loot their (admittedly really good) chestplate. But don't ever neglect the chain shirt underneath it; they always do and they always pay for it with a literal arm and leg~

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 2

Damn, I only have 400ish hours in it, but I only bought it about a year before it actually released more or less. 

On 4/25/2019 at 3:13 AM, Chapsie said:

Yeah, I had unattended scandalous women running around and they didn't like that. We were marched straight to rebirth. 

At least you were sent to Rebirth. All of my people lost their all their legs and arms, lmao.

I only have ~30 hours unfortunately. So much to see, not nearly enough time.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

1 hour ago, WISD0MTREE said:

At least you were sent to Rebirth. All of my people lost their all their legs and arms, lmao.

I only have ~30 hours unfortunately. So much to see, not nearly enough time.

Yeah, I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface lol

I find new things EVERY time I start the game, not to mention mods.