Water to quench my thirst

MinesomeMC

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

But Alex, look, 20 upvotes!

When will you listen to the masses?

I bet I could get 20 upvotes to add soccer or some other useless thing to the game, that doesn't mean it's a good idea or worth the development time :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

I bet I could get 20 upvotes to add soccer or some other useless thing to the game, that doesn't mean it's a good idea or worth the development time :P

Well, what is worth the time? Last I checked, in the last four months you've changed the graphs... and reset donations... Wait-- that's not right, I was sure I had a list somewhere -- wait this is the list... huh. 

I get that you're a busy man, and you have a life outside of a text-based game you made at 17, but c'mon! Listen to the masses - and the only real reason you'd get 20 upvotes is that it's the only content we've gotten in a good while. We're content starved (-33% revenue for you!).

If the reason we're not seeing anything new is that you're spending all your time on moderation, get a mod on board! We're taking suggestions from MinesomeMC at this point. Minesome. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Inhabitor of Forum Games & Spam. I live there. It's my home.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, LUNCH said:

Well, what is worth the time? Last I checked, in the last four months you've changed the graphs... and reset donations... Wait-- that's not right, I was sure I had a list somewhere -- wait this is the list... huh. 

I get that you're a busy man, and you have a life outside of a text-based game you made at 17, but c'mon! Listen to the masses - and the only real reason you'd get 20 upvotes is that it's the only content we've gotten in a good while. We're content starved (-33% revenue for you!).

If the reason we're not seeing anything new is that you're spending all your time on moderation, get a mod on board! We're taking suggestions from MinesomeMC at this point. Minesome. 

As I've stated many times, I'm finishing my undergraduate degree (in about a month I'll be done) at which point I'll be working on Politics & War full-time. So hold your horses, you're going to get new content, and it's going to be actual good, meaningful content.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

As I've stated many times, I'm finishing my undergraduate degree (in about a month I'll be done) at which point I'll be working on Politics & War full-time. So hold your horses, you're going to get new content, and it's going to be actual good, meaningful content.

You can use water for power and other possibilities. We need more resources. Gib water.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

You can use water for power and other possibilities. We need more resources. Gib water.

[chanting] Gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib water, gib wat--

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alex said:

So hold your horses, you're going to get new content, and it's going to be actual good, meaningful content.

So you’re asking us to be stable?

• Like 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Oh God Alex is gonna break the game agian. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

What an underrated thread.

Minesome, I've never known ya because I came back like, a month ago, but I'm impressed with your rep change.

To keep it relevant: Good luck on your undergrad stuff Alex, we desperately await the water we were starved of.

Edited by Chapsie
  • Like 3

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Guest San Fortunado
23 hours ago, MinesomeMC said:

Oh God Alex is gonna break the game agian. 

Thank you! I can break out my old meme I made.

breakpw.png?width=800&height=480

On 4/24/2019 at 6:15 PM, Ivan Ivanov said:

So you’re asking us to be stable?

That's gonna happen...

On 4/27/2019 at 9:33 PM, Deulos said:

I think water idea is actually going to save the game and the market. It's scarcity and need for everything will get place a higher value on everything in Orbis.

How so? Water's everywhere. And even if it was scarce, why would that increase, say, lead's value?

28 minutes ago, LUNCH said:

How so? Water's everywhere. And even if it was scarce, why would that increase, say, lead's value?

Salt water is typically useless without being put through very expensive desalination. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

Salt water is typically useless without being put through very expensive desalination. 

It could still be used to cool power plants. Plus, you need to get rid of pests and diseases and stuff to make food in real life. And what's food's market value? 63.

My point was that it would not raise the value of other resources, like lead.

10 hours ago, LUNCH said:

It could still be used to cool power plants. Plus, you need to get rid of pests and diseases and stuff to make food in real life. And what's food's market value? 63.

My point was that it would not raise the value of other resources, like lead.

But munitions factories use some water.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:13 AM, Alex said:

I'm not American so Baseball sucks IMO, but if you add "Football", can you please add Cricket as well? ;,P

Also Water if added would be a great to use as another resource as upkeep from the cooling of nuclear power plants along with daily population water needs. (And maybe even used in the refining of some resources like Steel or Aluminium)

Edited by Sphinx

On 4/24/2019 at 10:13 AM, Alex said:

On 4/24/2019 at 11:04 AM, Alex said:

The complaint has been that P/W is too simple. Adding a bunch of things and seeing how it goes/making it more complicated than just 5 mins a day would be great. Plus, the learning curve doesn't exist anymore since the game has been around for like 5 years. So honestly, it'd be nice to have to relearn the game/have new things to complain about for once.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Deulos said:

But munitions factories use some water.

...We don't have water. So how do they use water??? ??

Edited by LUNCH

On 4/24/2019 at 12:13 PM, Alex said:

If we have soccer and baseball, I expect every single sport on this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports

Enjoy shifting thru that. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Alex locked this topic