Water to quench my thirst

MinesomeMC

I actually like this idea, problem with more improvement ideas is that we start needing more infra levels to hold it plus civil and commerce stuff. The meta for infra will rise from 1500-2500, to god knows what. It’ll slow growth unless the price changes. I believe that new improvements should be geared towards bigger nations, as by then they have the capacity to buy costlier things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

9 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Minesome my boy when did you start being a sensible and contributing member of the community?

This is great suggestion btw.

A week ago, and thanks

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MinesomeMC said:

A week ago, and thanks

Inb4 straight up to +100 rep

• Haha 2

TRI-poloski.jpg

20 hours ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

Only if Antarctica keeps the 50% food debuff, but Africa gets a 100% water debuff.

I have better, Antartica gets nation land/500 or nation land/400 (as bonus with project if nation is in antartica) bonus as a percentage on top of standard bonuses, making Antartica amazing at water production but bad at food (maybe increase debuff to 75%). Reason that such large bonus would exist is because of large quantity of ice available to melt down, the reason food is so hard to grow.

Edited by GLM911
  • Like 1

If we're adding water we may as well add the "Soup Kitchen" Project. Decreases crime, but increases disease (obviously).

TRI-poloski.jpg

6 hours ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

If we're adding water we may as well add the "Soup Kitchen" Project. Decreases crime, but increases disease (obviously).

Wouldn't it be more along the lines of reducing the penalties accrued from population density? Since homeless people and all that?

• Like 1

Guest San Fortunado
11 hours ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

Okay, who isn't washing their hands after shitting?

1 minute ago, San Fortunado said:

Okay, who isn't washing their hands after shitting?

@MinesomeMC

TRI-poloski.jpg

• Administrators
3 hours ago, AwesomeNova said:

Of course he did. He doesn’t want to add things that make the game better.

image.png

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 hour ago, Alex said:

image.png

By this logic, why is food a resource? What does it add to the game? As far as ANYONE can tell, its meaningless content. Anyone can make it. My nation is an Ireland sized diamond off the coast of Brittany ENTIRELY in the Atlantic Ocean and produces food. 

Running out of food is moderately annoying but not particularly crippling or concerning. So what's the point? You thought food was a necessary must have thing for... logics sake? I went 16 days without food once Alex. I'd have been dead in 3 without water, so that don't hold up too well either. 

Water as a resource could also, ontop of dealing incredibly severe penalties for running out, be required to run nuclear plants. Yanno, like it's require to do in the real world. :P
Infact you could add water as being necessary for almost every improvement in the game. There's not a mine, military installation, or commercial structure in the entire globe that does not in some way require water to function. You'd have no commerce, power, mines, manufacturing, recruitment or military. Your units would act like you had no gas or munitions because they like everyone else is busy trying not to die of dehydration.

Running out of water therefore would knock out pretty much everything you have except... what? Windmills? Say goodbye to commerce, say goodbye to population, why, running out could even start eating into your age bonus. Fun Fact: Shortages of super-critical resources like water cause people to frick off elsewhere and they usually don't come back anytime soon.

So, now that i've gone on that tirade, back to food. What does food add to the game again? Because i just made this hypothetical water resource relatively on par with water in the real world in terms of it's presence and usage being super-critical and absolutely necessary. Running out of food is moderately annoying, running out of this water would put your nation into a coma. 

Somebody ring the bell i think we have a clear winner here.

Edited by Akuryo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

By this logic, why is food a resource? What does it add to the game? As far as ANYONE can tell, its meaningless content. Anyone can make it. My nation is an Ireland sized diamond off the coast of Brittany ENTIRELY in the Atlantic Ocean and produces food. 

Running out of food is moderately annoying but not particularly crippling or concerning. So what's the point? You thought food was a necessary must have thing for... logics sake? I went 16 days without food once Alex. I'd have been dead in 3 without water, so that don't hold up too well either. 

Water as a resource could also, ontop of dealing incredibly severe penalties for running out, be required to run nuclear plants. Yanno, like it's require to do in the real world. :P
Infact you could add water as being necessary for almost every improvement in the game. There's not a mine, military installation, or commercial structure in the entire globe that does not in some way require water to function. You'd have no commerce, power, mines, manufacturing, recruitment or military. Your units would act like you had no gas or munitions because they like everyone else is busy trying not to die of dehydration.

Running out of water therefore would knock out pretty much everything you have except... what? Windmills? Say goodbye to commerce, say goodbye to population, why, running out could even start eating into your age bonus. Fun Fact: Shortages of super-critical resources like water cause people to frick off elsewhere and they usually don't come back anytime soon.

So, now that i've gone on that tirade, back to food. What does food add to the game again? Because i just made this hypothetical water resource relatively on par with water in the real world in terms of it's presence and usage being super-critical and absolutely necessary. Running out of food is moderately annoying, running out of this water would put your nation into a coma. 

Somebody ring the bell i think we have a clear winner here.

First, I'm not claiming I had any master plan when I came up with the general game design at 17. I've learned a lot since then.

Secondly, what you described is just Food with more severe penalties. Why not just suggest that we increase the penalty for running out of food?

My point is that "water" is fundamentally the same thing as "food" but with a different name/icon. It doesn't add anything new to the game.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

But Alex, look, 20 upvotes!

When will you listen to the masses?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

TRI-poloski.jpg

• Alex locked this topic