The soup kitchen is now closed!

Haylz

On 4/19/2019 at 11:44 AM, Raoul Duke said:

It was an interesting declaration directed toward Fark and WTF as they (Fark and WTF) seemed to only have one small tie to the rest of Orbis through some backwater, no-account, horse-based pseudo alliance, named “Horsemen” or “The Horsemen” …whoever those guys (and I think one lady..maybe) are.

Oh, that's us. 

The Declaration was very clear: WTF’s only other ally could not come to their assistance (Soup said so.) or the entire Chaos coalition would descend upon them all in a wolf-pack-locust-like wave of false-death and simulated destruction, red in tooth and claw, slathering about the mouth, dripping pus and poison on to the soon to be corpse-strewn landscape. (Think of all of those dead WTF babies or don’t…most don’t in times like these…..)

Mostly youngish men sending intangible soldiers off to fight a war that isn’t actually happening for a cause that can’t be explained in a Forum post…a tale as old as recorded time.

Well it is Politics and War I suppose and this particular circumstance seems to have plenty of both.

It almost seems as if the Soup Surgeons were frightened of the Horse People….that must have been it….maybe all of those chaotic fellows trembled before the might and eventual wrath of The Horsemen.

It’s the only logical conclusion.

Why, I would imagine Ripper and Spaceman Thrax  both tremble at the mention of our guy Jarudoe’s name.

Jarudoe just purchased his 14th city and is feeling pretty..pretty..pretty..stoked…savage even..sometimes he remembers to log in...almost every 4th or fifth day and some day soon, he’s gonna buy a missile.

A shiny one.

It’s all just good clean fun for everyone.. just not Horsemen apparently..at least not now anyway.

Wait, I think i as supposed to say something about soup.

I can't taste it but it smells of subterfuge good sirs.

I apologize, i've been talking to those Infowars fellas too much and Alex Jones ate my immortal soul.

I don't think there's anything too insidious going on. SOUP probably wanted to keep The Horsemen out of it 'cause the odds would be stacked too heavily against them going it alone. SOUP starting a war vs WTFark AND The Horsemen would be glorious, yet....face facts...would smack of suicidal tendencies and outright insanity! It's not like their chances of victory are fantastic vs WTFark. Given the numbers posted elsewhere by Shifty, I think it was, WTFark should win. SOUP's the underdog, but they're the ones that threw down the gauntlet. And given the recent score graphs of the combatants.....well, The Soup Kitchen obviously serves up some seriously pipin'-hot appetizers! Bon appetit!

UPDATE: Net War Stat from NPowned as of 1:45PM EDT: Net damage $565,614,089....advantage: SOUP.

Edited by Gudea
Remove PNG image
  • Upvote 3

P&W SK Flag Small.jpg

40 minutes ago, Charlie Traveler said:

Or, now hear me out because this is a crazy idea, what if Soup thinks that war is an important part of the game? That they think this is a fun way to fight. Even, if not unfavorable, odds. Uncertain outcomes. A chance for all alliances involved to prove their mettle and rally their members together behind a common cause that gives significance to every other aspect of the game. What if small scale isolated wars are possible within the new wave of ideals emerging throughout the community? What if wars could take weeks instead of months? What if players are no longer paralyzed by the fear of losing their pixels or being locked down in a mind-numbingly tedious war twice a year?

This would be a different discussion if Chaos Bloc were fighting WTFark. They aren't. Soup is fighting WTFark. If the whole of CB came crashing down on them, the idea that they will be pushed to sign treaties would make sense. If they feel the need to sign a sheaf of paper because a fledgling alliance challenged them in a 1v2, then there is more work to be done to change what I believe to be one of the most archaic, detrimental mindsets that exists in the game. I have faith that these two alliances will not fall victim to the fallacy that you have to line your pockets with treaties and nervously watch your pixels to have fun. I sincerely hope that they enjoy this as much as we are.

May the nukes hit hard and the Soup be hot!

Good intentions or not, the message can be interrupted in a way that can backfire in your faces.

And it is oh so convenient that you guys have an entire bloc to back you up in case things go south, but Fark and WTF are dead in the water.
It's okay to be a big bloc as long as its you guys, right?

1 hour ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

how will treaties help their problems exactly?

Yes of course, how could I not see it clearly until now? Less allies means more security! Why does anyone ever think, "Allies," are beneficial in wars? All they do is attack your enemies and help you.

• Upvote 1

Love you

28 minutes ago, Raoul Duke said:

Why, I would imagine Ripper and Spaceman Thrax  both tremble at the mention of our guy Jarudoe’s name.

Jarudoe just purchased his 14th city and is feeling pretty..pretty..pretty..stoked…savage even..sometimes he remembers to log in...almost every 4th or fifth day and some day soon, he’s gonna buy a missile.

I'm past trembling. Knowing that our death is eventual and certain in his periodically active hands, I feel a strange sense of ease.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

2 hours ago, Singha said:

I mean, WTF/Fark did kick TKR while they were down

Lots of people did. It's irrelevant. You looking for an underlying motive for this defeats the purpose.

While I do hope the soup burns your mouth, have fun and enjoy this war for what it is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Singha said:

I mean, WTF/Fark did kick TKR while they were down and Soup Kitchen is what appears to be an extension of TKR in itself. 

It’s nice having you guys come out of your slumber and onto the forums, but based on the content of your post - you have a lot to catch up on.

Enjoy a fresh bowl of Soup while you do some further research! Happy fighting!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

1 hour ago, Malleator said:

Good intentions or not, the message can be interrupted in a way that can backfire in your faces.

And it is oh so convenient that you guys have an entire bloc to back you up in case things go south, but Fark and WTF are dead in the water.
It's okay to be a big bloc as long as its you guys, right?

Yes of course, how could I not see it clearly until now? Less allies means more security! Why does anyone ever think, "Allies," are beneficial in wars? All they do is attack your enemies and help you.

Ever heard the expression "All is fair in love and war"?

If we wanted to screw over wtf and fark we would've attacked with the entire bloc.

This is a good natured war, declared to provide entertainment for both parties. We got the initial advantage by attacking first, and you have the over all advantage of having more numbers. This is the fairest war you're likely to see in these games, and there will always be someone !@#$ing about the wars themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a solid war, and we get to see what everyone is made of, and walk away with some fun. Anyone that wants to whine about it, can continue doing so while the rest of us actually and actively /Do/ something. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Spectral said:

Ever heard the expression "All is fair in love and war"?

If we wanted to screw over wtf and fark we would've attacked with the entire bloc.

This is a good natured war, declared to provide entertainment for both parties. We got the initial advantage by attacking first, and you have the over all advantage of having more numbers. This is the fairest war you're likely to see in these games, and there will always be someone !@#$ing about the wars themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a solid war, and we get to see what everyone is made of, and walk away with some fun. Anyone that wants to whine about it, can continue doing so while the rest of us actually and actively /Do/ something. 

If this was really a good natured war, I assume you guys gave them a few days heads up that you were coming so they could prepare?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If this was really a good natured war, I assume you guys gave them a few days heads up that you were coming so they could prepare?

They already had superior numbers, your suggestion is to toss away the only advantage we would possess? It's a fun little notion, but not at all practical. It's good natured because no grudge was carried into the war by my knowledge, and no reps were or are planned, to the best of my knowledge.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Who does that ever lmao. 

Just cause they didnt receive a warning doesn't mean it isn't a good natured war. I feel like non WTFark people are more salty about us hitting WTFark than WTFark is. WTFark understands that this is an even war, and the outcome is up to them. 

Why yall gotta be salty, Salt Ronny D? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

good on fark and wtf for not being upset about getting hit out of the blue, and then having to listen to the people that hit them that its a fair and even fight. 

I remember when Sparta tried that against grumpy, they even spouted that whole even war thing because our unmilitarized cities we were bigger then them.   Then because screw you for hitting us, I called in every single ally I had to roll the shit out of them.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

good on fark and wtf for not being upset about getting hit out of the blue, and then having to listen to the people that hit them that its a fair and even fight. 

I remember when Sparta tried that against grumpy, they even spouted that whole even war thing because our unmilitarized cities we were bigger then them.   Then because screw you for hitting us, I called in every single ally I had to roll the shit out of them.

So would it be correct to say that you just disapprove of wars in general? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, TheRebelMan said:

So would it be correct to say that you just disapprove of wars in general? 

Only wars where he gets hit, it seems. It appears he has admitted to an inability to recover from the initial hit and as such finds it justified to gripe about his inability to handle the situation.

Meanwhile, FARK is putting up a strong showing, which I can respect. Fun banter on both sides. Wars are a lot more fun when you don't have whiny children moaning about losing pixels and punching back.

Nb4 you bring up knightfall, please remember you were salty af and I don't care.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I love me some war, but dont sucker punch me and then run around saying you just beat me in a fair fight.

So lemme get this straight. You approve of dogpiling WTFark, but disapprove of a smaller alliance taking both of them on? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm pretty sure I have said the same thing 3 different ways... but let me try a 4th way.  

You want to hit people, go for it.  But dont insult the rest of us by trying to sell the bullshit that this war is even. 

You were able to plan and launch an attack against an unsuspecting opponent, in a game were establishing early control is the best way to win. On top of using your allies to prevent then from getting help.   Holy shit, I just looked at the numbers, I assumed you guys had a 2-1 disadvantage the way you were talking, they have 52 members, you have 45...  So like 98% of every other war on orbis, this one was over before you launched the first attack.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I'm pretty sure I have said the same thing 3 different ways... but let me try a 4th way.  

You want to hit people, go for it.  But dont insult the rest of us by trying to sell the bullshit that this war is even. 

You were able to plan and launch an attack against an unsuspecting opponent, in a game were establishing early control is the best way to win. On top of using your allies to prevent then from getting help.   Holy shit, I just looked at the numbers, I assumed you guys had a 2-1 disadvantage the way you were talking, they have 52 members, you have 45...  So like 98% of every other war on orbis, this one was over before you launched the first attack.

I assume you don't take tiering into account? 

But whatevs ya say Ronny. 

Oh. And let's add to the fact that Soup milcom is at best, inexperienced, in matters of high gov planning and logistics. 

Edited by TheRebelMan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Stop it dude, you are so adamant to prove that this war is even that you are going to now sell us on the fact that your military sucks? 

Just admit what everyone with half a brain already knows, you started a war that you guys knew you would have almost no chance of losing.   It's ok Rebel, everyone does it. 

I give Fark and WTF kudos for being good sports about it. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Stop it dude, you are so adamant to prove that this war is even that you are going to now sell us on the fact that your military sucks? 

Just admit what everyone with half a brain already knows, you started a war that you guys knew you would have almost no chance of losing.   It's ok Rebel, everyone does it. 

Inexperienced. Not incompetent. Big difference buddy. 

But we can argue that too Ronny. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Spectral said:

Yes, but if you had done that, you would have provoked a wider response and far greater expense, which is really why you didn't.

You guys are beating up WTFark while Chaos keeps look out and saying it's for their own good and for everyone to just move along.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Love you

12 minutes ago, Malleator said:

Yes, but if you had done that, you would have provoked a wider response and far greater expense, which is really why you didn't.

You guys are beating up WTFark while Chaos keeps look out and saying it's for their own good and for everyone to just move along.

From who? Peanut gallery or horseman?

It would've costed face but no one would've gotten actively involved. So I fail te o see what you're referencing

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Spectral said:

no one would've gotten actively involved

You really think Orbis at large would sit idly by while you guys dog piled peripherals to your heart's content?
The only reason why it's not happening right now is because it's seemingly limited and Chaos is playing watch dog.

Love you

Ok, i'm getting confused.

I thought i had successfully turned this into a (bad) PR campaign for The Horsemen but instead everyone keeps spelling it "horseman".

I'm not even sure if there is supposed to be a "The" really.

Also

Shouldn't a successful war be a sucker punch?

Clearly from my war record, I'm no military scientist but it seems somewhat counter-intuitive to announce your intentions to your prospective foe...i don't know....until just a few minutes ago I thought Sun Tzu was just was an all Inclusive resort in the Cayman Islands...lots of people running in slow motion on pristine sandy beaches while the locals serve them drinks and the sun eases gently over the horizon, leading to a tiki-torch- lit night of drunken debauchery..

Turns out Sun Tzu said a bit about war or something...crazy world.

Edited by Raoul Duke
I didn't add enough dramatic periods
  • Upvote 2

Registered slot thief

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Then maybe be a good sports about it yourself instead of having the meltdown some people were expecting to come from them. ?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1