Laugh isn't actually upvote?

Sir Scarfalot

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

While ❤️ reaction inreases the recipients' reputation, it looks like the ? reaction doesn't? If that's the case then surely it should be a separate reaction to upvote/downvote/like, so we can actually reward funny qualityposting with reputation as well. And/or add a downvote to particularly cute trolling without sacrificing our ? reaction capability. Just sayin.

It defaults as as +1, but I set it to neutral because a laugh isn't always a positive reaction.

AFAIK There's no way to separate it and allow you to have multiple reactions to the same post.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

It defaults as as +1, but I set it to neutral because a laugh isn't always a positive reaction.

AFAIK There's no way to separate it and allow you to have multiple reactions to the same post.

I didn't think there was a way to have multiple reactions, but c'mon, let it be a +1 at least. If it really does become a moderation problem with people making cringy af posts in the hopes of negative laughs then sure, but sometimes people post genuinely clever and funny things and that should be rewarded IMO.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I didn't think there was a way to have multiple reactions, but c'mon, let it be a +1 at least. If it really does become a moderation problem with people making cringy af posts in the hopes of negative laughs then sure, but sometimes people post genuinely clever and funny things and that should be rewarded IMO.

Then just reward the genuinely clever/funny posts with upvotes instead of laugh reacts.

• Haha 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Just now, Thalmor said:

Then just reward the genuinely clever/funny posts with upvotes instead of laugh reacts.

Yeah but the laugh=upvote way is more specific and intuitive. Of all the laugh reacts so far posted, the vast majority are intended as positive; the only exceptions to this that I'm currently aware of basically involve Emperor Jonas.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smith said:

I imagine most people don't even know this is the case, I didn't until I saw this thread. Now I am unreasonably upset that I am missing out on potential upvotes. I also can't can't imagine that it is very common for people to use a laugh reaction as anything other than an upvote. 

@Alex please put all other game updates on hold until this is addressed 

If we ever REALLY need a laugh as a negative, then we should just have a cringe reaction. We should have that anyway IMO; the four basic reaction groups are upvote, downvote, laugh and cringe after all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I don't believe this is exactly what you're looking for, but, on your profile page you can click on reputation activity to see how many laugh reacts someone has and then based on their general reputation in the community you can probably deduce if they were genuine laughs or ironic ones. Though, I agree they should add to reputation; It just doesn't seem fitting to get a laugh from a post and then not be able to react properly whilst also rewarding the person for their good humor.

• Downvote 1
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

But what about all of Jonas’s dumbass posts? How do we laugh at them but without increasing his rep?

• Haha 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

Guest San Fortunado

Why not have three types of Laugh reps?

The current laugh: neutral

The yeet laugh: Positive

unxj6ueplgn11.png

The cringe laugh: Negative

1497383741042.png

Edited by San Fortunado

Or add a reaction that's just an emoji with its hand covering its mouth - to insinuate mocking someone behind their back, or snorting. This could be the downvote, and the laugh could be an upvote. 

Inhabitor of Forum Games & Spam. I live there. It's my home.

• Alex locked this topic