Make Approval Rating Impactful

Emperor Jonas

At the moment, approval rating is purely cosmetic. I think, in order to make wars even more detrimental (they already are, but apparently not enough for you idiots) that the approval rating should affect your nations crime and population. If you keep doing wars, you will have you approval rating go down (with the current system) but it has no effect. With the new system, declaring war would increase crime and population, further decreasing revenue. 

Thoughts? Also, enough downvotes. This is just a suggestion.

• Downvote 12

I'll reply to this one the same as I've replied to all the others exactly like it: In order to work, approval rating would need to be tremendously rebalanced and fully reset. I've had as high as 700% approval rating and as low as -943%, and those numbers don't even make sense. It's not that bad of an idea on the face of it, but it could easily lead to massive compounding problems upon losing wars, which would make it that much more likely to continue losing wars. Thus compounding the problems logarithmically until your nation can be rendered entirely unplayable through hostile action, which would end the game entirely. That's something we must avoid at all costs.

Edit: Also, I think you might mean "decrease" population; I've not heard of a war that increased belligerents' populations... at least, not a modern war.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
slavery isn't gonna be implemented... probably
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 9:01 AM, Emperor Jonas said:

At the moment, approval rating is purely cosmetic. I think, in order to make wars even more detrimental (they already are, but apparently not enough for you idiots) that the approval rating should affect your nations crime and population. If you keep doing wars, you will have you approval rating go down (with the current system) but it has no effect. With the new system, declaring war would increase crime and population, further decreasing revenue. 

Thoughts? Also, enough downvotes. This is just a suggestion.

As a Guardian of the Game Suggestions, BEGONE, FOUL CREATURE

• Haha 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg