Change Alliance set up reqs

Isaias Afwerki

Tl;dr replace the requirement of 1000 score with a fixed cost of $25m or something like that.

Hi there, before everyone jumps down my throat I do understand why the requirements to create alliances exist. I just believe that they aren’t the most balanced or effective way of achieving those ends.

Let me explain. 

The purpose of needing 1000 score to create an alliance is to get new players to join an existing alliance and learn the ropes rather than set up their own one and get rolled constantly, eventually giving up the game. 

However, this creates a problem in that someone creating an alliance at 1000 score is extremely vulnerable and would probably end up getting rolled constantly anyway. Also, any new members will be out of the protection range of the alliance leader so recruitment becomes a major issue too.

My suggestion would be to have a fixed cost, and a relatively high one, to create a new alliance which will have required time, effort and, most importantly, experience to get. That way, someone can stay at a relatively low score where things are less risky, they can counter for their new recruits and it adds another dynamic to the game.

Most players worth their salt know that score is not an accurate measurement of success in this game. There are some terrible alliances even in the top tier: but there can be no top tier without a middle tier and bottom tier. This chance could create more diplomacy and dynamics to “micros” and middle tier alliances to work together to protect each other from the big guys and raiders.

It’s just a suggestion but one that I believe could have a more positive impact on the game.

Or just double the score req? I mean, at 2k score if you make your own micro you will get rolled for sure, so this will force every player considering making a micro to get established players with equal scores or around there to prepare and make an alliance. 25m is easy money, especially now that an effective raiding low tier nation can make like 4-7mil a day from raiding, while a 2k score would literally make you incredibly vulnerable, since I’d say the majority of the game is around 1.5k-3k score having you in the prime of them both. This also gives an incentive to have around 10 or so cities when you make your alliance. So hey, you won’t be seeing city 4 alliance leaders *Panth* 

This is only my take on the matter.

That doesn’t really deal with any of the problems I touched on and actually makes them worse. 

The point is that not just anyone should be able to make an alliance but the current system really does bring about a monopoly. 

Even if you have 10 members in the 2-3k score range then you could likely end up being perma rolled, constantly having to rebuild until everyone in your alliance is poor.

The fact that, with a bit of experience and competence, you can make quite a lot of money in relative safety at low scores makes it a prime spot to build an alliance up. If you have been spending all your time trying to protect you and your other mid-tier nations then your new recruits aren’t going to have that same protection.

Honestly your suggestion makes the actual problem no better anyway so what are you complaining about?

Double the score cap at minimum. 2500 score would be even better. At that point you're more like 12ish cities minimum if you're heavy military or 15 with typical MMR. 

Meaning you have to actually fricking stay in a non shithole for an extended period of time to even be mechanically capable of trying. Which solves the real issue, too many shitlords making alliances who don't know what they're doing and being a black hole for new players.

My take on it is

who gives a shit what someone wants to do with an alliance? Shit alliance A doesn't have any changes to the currently alliance I'm in. 

Do you boo.

Strip Reqs, just make it a 4 credit purchase - all those kids will have to ask their 'rents for a credit card.