Any Trustworthy Banks?

Chapsie

As the title says, I'm looking for trustworthy private banks to take a decent loan out from. I used to use Stratton Oakmont for high cash loans, but since their demise last year, I can't seem to find anyone willing to lend.

Edited by Chapsie
private banks

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:57 PM, Chapsie said:

As the title says, I'm looking for trustworthy private banks to take a decent loan out from. I used to use Stratton Oakmont for high cash loans, but since their demise last year, I can't seem to find anyone willing to lend.

Orion Bank, biggest, most reliable and understanding bank in Orbis as of now. (definitely not being bias) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gatorcock said:

Orion Bank, biggest, most reliable and understanding bank in Orbis as of now. (definitely not being bias) 

Yeah I got my loan from there. Thanks for the recommendation. Got my loan fast and with a good interest rate. :)

Regarding the Horizon thing, I’ll just stay out of that whole situation. Dunno what’s going on, and until I see logs, I won’t say shit lmao, even then.

I just took from the first bank bank that was reccomended that seemed legit, so it is absolutely nothing personal to anyone else.

Edited by Chapsie
Clarification

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

2 minutes ago, Chapsie said:

Yeah I got my loan from there. Thanks for the recommendation. Got my loan fast and with a good interest rate. :)

I’ll just stay out of that whole thing. Dunno what’s going on, and until I see logs, I won’t say shit lmao. 

I just took from the first bank bank that was reccomended that seemed legit, so it is absolutely nothing personal to anyone else.

Yeah, dm me on discord and we can discuss mate. 

Gatorcock#3910

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Abigor it’s 1% to deposit & withdraw. 100% trustworthy I think.

That is if someone wants to have us hold resources for them. ? Generally an account with cash we pay you 1.5% per week, and in regards to the specific thread being about loans its generally 3-3.5% depending on risk factors

• Like 1

No bank is 100% trustworthy. You're better off having assets in multiple banks, so if any single bank goes bust, you still have assets in other banks.

Orion, for instance, was the victim of a bank theft earlier in the year by Radoje. Purportedly, Radoje had set up a ponzi scheme that was on the verge of unravelling, so he took out his assets and quit the game.

Edited by Inst

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

no bank is 100% safe, but some are trustworthy yes Orion had one of its founding members quit and take his investment out however Sphinx and others made sure investors and loans was not effected by using most of their own cash.

You are better off buying cities and land however.

It's an odd question (from the OPs perspective) because "trustworthy" is meant in the context of getting a loan from. Usually, banks have to deem the loanee trustworthy because the bank wants to be sure that they will be getting paid back and turning a profit. From the loanee's point of view, you should want to take a loan from the most unstable bank there is because there is a good chance they will soon collapse and then *not* have to pay the bank back. Assuming that they don't have an organized bankruptcy and the owners delete the bank because it's a ponzi scheme/unsustainable. 

When investing, however, you should look for trustworthiness and stability and it's probably best to invest in two-four trustworthy banks to diversify away company specific risks. But there's always a lack of liquidity in these investments, especially now with the global war and a lack of traders. While people gave Trolly a lot of crap, he was good for liquidity in all of the banks. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2019 at 2:32 AM, Inst said:

No bank is 100% trustworthy. You're better off having assets in multiple banks, so if any single bank goes bust, you still have assets in other banks.

Orion, for instance, was the victim of a bank theft earlier in the year by Radoje. Purportedly, Radoje had set up a ponzi scheme that was on the verge of unravelling, so he took out his assets and quit the game.

I agree with diversification and probably wouldn't mention any if I didn't have other reliable options. Although its a for profit bank I thought deserved some publicity and I think has a good reputation.

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2019 at 7:14 AM, SteuartGeharon said:

It's an odd question (from the OPs perspective) because "trustworthy" is meant in the context of getting a loan from. Usually, banks have to deem the loanee trustworthy because the bank wants to be sure that they will be getting paid back and turning a profit. From the loanee's point of view, you should want to take a loan from the most unstable bank there is because there is a good chance they will soon collapse and then *not* have to pay the bank back. Assuming that they don't have an organized bankruptcy and the owners delete the bank because it's a ponzi scheme/unsustainable. 

When investing, however, you should look for trustworthiness and stability and it's probably best to invest in two-four trustworthy banks to diversify away company specific risks. But there's always a lack of liquidity in these investments, especially now with the global war and a lack of traders. While people gave Trolly a lot of crap, he was good for liquidity in all of the banks. 

Yeah that's a good point. Even I don't have all my eggs in one basket I've got stuff with many banks including banks you would think are my "rivals", but it pays to have assets in many places since if something happens you're not up shit creek without a paddle. Also perhaps the biggest benchmark for viability in a bank is who their persons are that make up the banks leader(s). If its some nobody from a micro alliance then you're playing with fire in a lot of situations. However if you have well established names with more than just the bank to their name then you're in a better position.

Also go for banks with more than one person in a position of power. I might be the most 'visible' face of Orion being its Chairman but Benfro and Stillhard from TKR/SK respectively are my two other board members who have input on all major deals and access to all our financials so we have plenty of people now with oversight on our operations. Plus all 3 of us have billions of our own money Invested in the bank so we have a strong personal reason for wanting the bank to be successful. Rado on the other hand held zero shares/bonds with the bank.  

• Upvote 2