Remove war

Emperor Jonas

Suggestion: People who engage in war should be placed on a high tax system - at the end of the war, this tax income goes to the losing side automatically. This way they can rebuild easily.

Thanks for listening to my suggestion. 

#warisbad

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you were hoping to accomplish by posting this?  So your plan was to share your view. Then we are meant to just say, "okay" and follow your lead?

I think you might be confused on where you are and how things work here. Try NationStates, its likely a better game for you then this.

navyship.png

Frostsword is love. Frostsword is life.

Just now, Buorhann said:

Boy, we're starting early on Worst Forum Poster award and Worst Suggested Idea.

I think he's already gotten both in the bag. It's damn hard to top this.

I don't sleep enough

Also, I am an Keynesian Utilitarian

Lastly, Hello world

I agree with everything. War is so pointless, let's make this already uninteresting game even less interesting. 

I'll start off by deleting and rerolling at 10k infa at city 1!!!!!

• Upvote 1

giphy.gif

Sorry @Mad Max I had to use you for a sec

The bait worked too.

Edited by Chapsie

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

5 hours ago, Emperor Jonas said:

Hello all. I've been playing for quite a while now, and have been in two alliances, Arrgh and TFP. While I was in arrgh,  i raided. A lot. And while I got a little bit of cash, I lost a lot of soldiers and infrastructure. As well as gas, munitions, steel, and aluminum. It was so expensive and tedious that I left and joined a more peaceful alliance, Fighting Pacifists. Since I joined TFP,  I have not raided once and have built up lots of infra. I've been chatting with my gov and thinking: Why do we need war? Don't you win the game by building up infra, cities, and projects? Sure, having a military (but not using it) helps a little, but ultimately I think war is overused and bad for this game. I'll explain why.

1. Roleplay 
If you are the leader of a real-life nation, you wouldn't be in non-stop wars with 5 people. You would be sittingback and building, as you should be in this game. Warring decreases your approval, something extremely crucial to how happy your simulated citizens are. This is a nation-sim, roleplay is important-and realistically, constant war isn't a part of real nation-running. 

2. Winning The Game 

You win the game with the most score. Constantly losing it in war just decreases your score and makes you less powerful. I think if someone is truly the best, it is one with stacks of land and infra that doesn't war and racks up score. Not many people do this. I have 2K infra in each of my 7 cities and I'm very high score for my size because of it.

3. Getting rich

War uses tons of money and resources. If you really want to be rich (you should, way better than war) , the best way is for you to just have tons of infra and commerce while producing resources and selling them for more cash. War uses valuable resources and makes you lose valuable infrastructure, which has to be paid for. Once it's over, even if you win, you realize how much you have lost.

So, because of the reasons above, I send a message to all leaders: NO MORE WAR! Make the game something good with building up infra, land, resources, and cash. Have lots of treaties for defense if someone really is foolish enough to fight and waste time and money! Do more roleplay! Ultimately, war is pointless and not worth it. Would you rather constantly be destroyed and miserable, or rich and strong.

Also, support my good ideas by upvoting. Thx

There is no endgame, no finish line, so there is no point to the game at all. The truth is war is the failure of diplomacy which is an important aspect to the game. Your nation means nothing at all. 

I've been beating around nationsims for a long time and I can tell you that the mechanics of the game itself is only a small part of the whole experience. We burn some pixels once in awhile because the true winner in the game tells us too. Players that actually impact the community and force Politics. Things like couping alliances, stealing banks, raiding, spying and so on are all vital parts of the game. The size of your pixels aren't that important. So why don't you start playing the actual game and see how you like it. 

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

You can't declare war on this nation because they are outside of your war range. Your war range extends to +75% or -25% of your score. You can also always declare on nations within the next 10 ranks above you.

• Upvote 2

So to whoever said disabling war was worst suggestion, I have an even more retarded suggestion.

Rename the game ‘city-states politics and war’ and hardcap everyone to one city but remove hard caps on commerce, improvements of any types and military daily recruitment.

This idea is so good that you should be dead by nightfall.

Pls downvote so that I can have worse karma than minesome.

Edited by GLM911
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Emperor Jonas said:

2. Winning The Game 

You win the game with the most score.

Take a look at the #1 score nation. Ok, now take another look. Now do some math to determine how their economy is doing. Sadly you can't quite see her storied history, but believe me it makes your statement more laughable than you can possibly imagine ?

6 hours ago, Emperor Jonas said:

Constantly losing it in war just decreases your score and makes you less powerful. I think if someone is truly the best, it is one with stacks of land and infra that doesn't war and racks up score. Not many people do this. I have 2K infra in each of my 7 cities and I'm very high score for my size because of it.

Serious time here. Losing score in war makes you more powerful, not less. And outright losing wars to the point of being "defeated" gives you a huge boost on top of that. And as you throw more and more resources at war, you can even get better at the arts of warfare. Doing this often enough and learning what to do in various situations makes you far, far more powerful, even compared to less experienced but equally aged nations with more stockpiled resources. It all has to do with the game mechanics; they're simple on the surface but complex enough to permit advanced tactics and strategies.

There's a lot to it that I won't get into, but the first and foremost thing you've completely managed to miss is how score affects who you fight. More infrastructure means more score... which means that you can be attacked by more and larger nations. Infrastructure itself does nothing to improve your fighting capacity, so you're fighting in heavyweight bouts with a flyweight nation. Meanwhile if you have very very low infrastructure, your score is lower... which means you can be attacked by fewer and weaker nations, but hit more and smaller nations yourself. Then, you're fighting in flyweight bouts with a heavyweight nation, which is super fun! It's no good to be the guy at 7 cities getting hit by 15, but it's always dope being the guy at 12 cities hitting 6 :D

More to the point, there IS no victory; certainly not through score but also not through force of arms. We make our own decisions about what we are playing this game for and what we are trying to accomplish. If what you want to accomplish is to be a large nation with a lot of economic power, then have at it; just realize that if you want to be the BIGGEST nation with the MOST economic power, then you're competing in an arena with greater and harsher competition than you'll ever see in warfare. Stick to raiding, it's safer. MUCH safer.

• Upvote 2

• Alex locked this topic