Remove war

Emperor Jonas

1 minute ago, Parachotic said:

Shall we just call this game Politicsandshekels?

Guys, stop being so mean. obviously war sucks and pixelhugging is the way. I mean, who needs war, amirite?

sarcasm, I love war.

• Upvote 5

I get where you're coming from, but people are clamoring for the top, and there is truly no winning within this game.

Besides, war is interesting, keeps the game alive and well with the pre-process, wartime, and post-processes of war.

Edited by Chapsie
clarification

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

10 minutes ago, Emperor Jonas said:

Hello all. I've been playing for quite a while now, and have been in two alliances, Arrgh and TFP. While I was in arrgh,  i raided. A lot. And while I got a little bit of cash, I lost a lot of soldiers and infrastructure. As well as gas, munitions, steel, and aluminum. It was so expensive and tedious that I left and joined a more peaceful alliance, Fighting Pacifists. Since I joined TFP,  I have not raided once and have built up lots of infra. I've been chatting with my gov and thinking: Why do we need war? Don't you win the game by building up infra, cities, and projects? Sure, having a military (but not using it) helps a little, but ultimately I think war is overused and bad for this game. I'll explain why.

1. Roleplay 
If you are the leader of a real-life nation, you wouldn't be in non-stop wars with 5 people. You would be sittingback and building, as you should be in this game. Warring decreases your approval, something extremely crucial to how happy your simulated citizens are. This is a nation-sim, roleplay is important-and realistically, constant war isn't a part of real nation-running. 

2. Winning The Game 

You win the game with the most score. Constantly losing it in war just decreases your score and makes you less powerful. I think if someone is truly the best, it is one with stacks of land and infra that doesn't war and racks up score. Not many people do this. I have 2K infra in each of my 7 cities and I'm very high score for my size because of it.

3. Getting rich

War uses tons of money and resources. If you really want to be rich (you should, way better than war) , the best way is for you to just have tons of infra and commerce while producing resources and selling them for more cash. War uses valuable resources and makes you lose valuable infrastructure, which has to be paid for. Once it's over, even if you win, you realize how much you have lost.

So, because of the reasons above, I send a message to all leaders: NO MORE WAR! Make the game something good with building up infra, land, resources, and cash. Have lots of treaties for defense if someone really is foolish enough to fight and waste time and money! Do more roleplay! Ultimately, war is pointless and not worth it. Would you rather constantly be destroyed and miserable, or rich and strong.

Also, support my good ideas by upvoting. Thx

That ghey. This is a true sjw, but the pnw version.

Everyone who is aligned to TFP should drop them. You gain nothing from an ally that won't dedicate to a fight.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Thoughts: you're a daft idiot and you're taking ideas from one of the shittiest run alliances in the game. It took TCW 3 months to lose half it's members in a war, it took TFP less than 2 weeks.

You don't win the game with score, that's not how it works. You made little money when raiding because you were shit at it. Simple.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I think the issue here is you're looking at an extreme. You used your experience in Arrgh as an example of warfare in the game, but most of being Arrgh is raiding and warfare. Most alliance don't raid as often as Arrgh. There's a balance. 

• Upvote 3

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

10 minutes ago, Fulcrum said:

I think the issue here is you're looking at an extreme. You used your experience in Arrgh as an example of warfare in the game, but most of being Arrgh is raiding and warfare. Most alliance don't raid as often as Arrgh. There's a balance. 

It doesn't matter. War across the board is useless and costly. I didn't even raid that much in Arrgh.

13 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Thoughts: you're a daft idiot and you're taking ideas from one of the shittiest run alliances in the game. It took TCW 3 months to lose half it's members in a war, it took TFP less than 2 weeks.

You don't win the game with score, that's not how it works. You made little money when raiding because you were shit at it. Simple.

I'm not an idiot and I'm better at this then you are. 

Stop downvoting me just because you want to kill millions of people.

Edited by Emperor Jonas
  • Downvote 29

26 minutes ago, Emperor Jonas said:

1. Roleplay 
If you are the leader of a real-life nation, you wouldn't be in non-stop wars with 5 people. You would be sittingback and building, as you should be in this game. Warring decreases your approval, something extremely crucial to how happy your simulated citizens are. This is a nation-sim, roleplay is important-and realistically, constant war isn't a part of real nation-running. 

As a season veteran of the roleplaying scene of this game. I am mildly offended by this. But here's the problem with approval rating, it doesn't do jack shit to your nation whatsoever. Approval rating in my eyes is the most ignored thing in the game because of how worthless it is. This game is also called Politics & War mate, of course people are going to pick fights. Did you climb out of the 1960's or something? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Aisling Duval said:

As a season veteran of the roleplaying scene of this game. I am mildly offended by this. But here's the problem with approval rating, it doesn't do jack shit to your nation whatsoever. Approval rating in my eyes is the most ignored thing in the game because of how worthless it is. This game is also called Politics & War mate, of course people are going to pick fights. Did you climb out of the 1960's or something? 

But why? War is a waste of time and money? It's easier and more fun to build and build.

• Downvote 17

2 minutes ago, Emperor Jonas said:

But why? War is a waste of time and money? It's easier and more fun to build and build.

How is war a waste of time and money when you get more money out of it for winning? Building costs way more money than raiding. Like how do you get most of your money? 

• Upvote 1
By the Grace of God, the King of the Swedes, the Goths/Geats and the Wends, Grand Prince of Finland, Duke of Scania, Estonia, Livonia, Karelia, Bremen, Verden, Stettin, Pomerania, Kashubia and Wendia, Prince of Rügen, Lord of Ingria and Wismar, Count Palatine of the Rhine, Duke of Bavaria, Jülich, and Cleves

3 minutes ago, Emperor Jonas said:

If you don't like Politics and War than maybe NationStates would suit you better. They have fake wars there that only happen if there is no founder in a region. I think that game would suit your likes better. ?

• Upvote 3
By the Grace of God, the King of the Swedes, the Goths/Geats and the Wends, Grand Prince of Finland, Duke of Scania, Estonia, Livonia, Karelia, Bremen, Verden, Stettin, Pomerania, Kashubia and Wendia, Prince of Rügen, Lord of Ingria and Wismar, Count Palatine of the Rhine, Duke of Bavaria, Jülich, and Cleves

1 minute ago, Gustaf V said:

How is war a waste of time and money when you get more money out of it for winning? Building costs way more money than raiding. Like how do you get most of your money? 

You don't get money out of it. 

• Downvote 17

Just now, Emperor Jonas said:

You don't get money out of it. 

I've made $12,107,293.94 from the past 5 days because of raiding. Lmao. Don't tell me you don't get any money out of it.

• Like 1

Just now, Gustaf V said:

I've made $12,107,293.94 from the past 5 days because of raiding. Lmao. Don't tell me you don't get any money out of it.

Well I got 106M in it. Still doesn't cover the costs, especially if I was warred now.

• Downvote 15

Just now, Emperor Jonas said:

Well I got 106M in it. Still doesn't cover the costs, especially if I was warred now.

You just completely contradicted your post saying you make no money off of it. Please do us all a favor and go play NationStates. K? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• Alex locked this topic