Do Ayyliens and Whales mix?

Sphinx

34 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

It really isn't. The middle tier is where the discussion starts, other wise people would care far more about Typhon and Pantheon

Your side implied it, since small nations can become big ones right?

There’s a huge difference between Typhon/Pantheon and NPO/BK (when the two of you had a strong 10-14 consolidation).  That difference is the organization.

Typhon can be annoying to deal with, but Pantheon is beyond help really.

Whereas BK and NPO showed the threat of a strong organized low tier setting with their organization.

I’ll agree though, if Typhon or Pantheon had a really good active gov to organize things - I’d have considered approaching them myself.

——————

My side didn’t imply anything other than initially showing an image of where the tiering laid.  It wasn’t until some knee jerk reactions occurred that turned this thread into what it is now.

• Upvote 3

imagine being the leader of an alliance that is almost 1st in the game and still being this childish when people even come close to criticizing you, which wasnt even happening that much in this thread

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hope said:

imagine being the leader of an alliance that is almost 1st in the game and still being this childish when people even come close to criticizing you, which wasnt even happening that much in this thread

Imagine being in an AA that: 

Was only paperless because no one wanted to treaty them

Because they always got rolled, couldn’t keep opsec, and were badly managed

Yet suddenly they’re cool because they joined a severe dogpile and were a nice meatshield

They even opened up an ET clone!

Now with the help of a very strong supporting cast, they believe they're major actors in the world stage.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

Imagine being in an AA that: 

Was only paperless because no one wanted to treaty them

Because they always got rolled, couldn’t keep opsec, and were badly managed

Yet suddenly they’re cool because they joined a severe dogpile and were a nice meatshield

They even opened up an ET clone!

Now with the help of a very strong supporting cast, they believe they're major actors in the world stage.

Imagine being so misinformed...

- You believe that alliances have to sign people even if your options are two equally autistic spheres

- People who've played nation sims for 6+ years may get jaded at times and become sloppy in management

- People WANTED sk to join because they couldn't cover every high tier nation

- Valyria, a close ally of SK, had a training alliance before KT 

- SK has been a mainstay of the top 10-20 since the beginning of the game

go back to Stormfront Shifty, you're drunk

Edited by hope
  • Upvote 4

Guest Curufinwe
44 minutes ago, katashimon13 said:

TIL panth and protecs are stronger than rose and keto
and chaos ;3

rawr

I, for one, welcome our new Pantheon overlords.

39 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

My side didn’t imply anything other than initially showing an image of where the tiering laid.  It wasn’t until some knee jerk reactions occurred that turned this thread into what it is now.

Well if your side is going to slap up a graph with nation totals printed at the top in big numbers, along with towers scaled to correspond to the number of nations in a given sphere and follow that up with catty comments about dynamism, it seems pretty clear that the implication you guys are going for is number of nations = strength.  As Leo (and others) have pointed out, not all nations are equally important in a war situation (we can argue about where the cut-off is, but everyone appears to think 1 to 9 arent all that relevant) and equally factors like tier cohesion, organisation, governmental competence and economic output aren't really taken into account when you just look at a single metric.  The Pantheon example you and others have touched on is a good example of this, since it's pretty widely accepted that numbers =/= strength in that case.  Now I'm not suggesting that BK/TCW and friends don't have their strengths, but fixating on a single measurement and getting all worked up about it probably isn't the most accurate method for measuring relative strength in Orbis atm.

The real question(s) ares: 

1. Where is Frontier Records going  - cuz, if they decide to be SuPeR DyNaMiC and move over to BK that just pushes that tier up even higher in the 'untrue true' stats.

2. Will Rose being joining BK sphere as well?

3. Maybe Frontier will team up with Rose instead of going to BK - thus cutting ties with TCW?

Either way, its pretty exciting and always assume people with Mad in their name are always mad - its the way of the world.

9 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

I, for one, welcome our new Pantheon overlords.

Well if your side is going to slap up a graph with nation totals printed at the top in big numbers, along with towers scaled to correspond to the number of nations in a given sphere and follow that up with catty comments about dynamism, it seems pretty clear that the implication you guys are going for is number of nations = strength.  As Leo (and others) have pointed out, not all nations are equally important in a war situation (we can argue about where the cut-off is, but everyone appears to think 1 to 9 arent all that relevant) and equally factors like tier cohesion, organisation, governmental competence and economic output aren't really taken into account when you just look at a single metric.  The Pantheon example you and others have touched on is a good example of this, since it's pretty widely accepted that numbers =/= strength in that case.  Now I'm not suggesting that BK/TCW and friends don't have their strengths, but fixating on a single measurement and getting all worked up about it probably isn't the most accurate method for measuring relative strength in Orbis atm.

Yes we can argue, or rather debate, but to say Leo simply points anything out is disingenuous. He flails and squeals like every post is the boogy man with the worst intentions. The only person that got worked up prior to me was Leo.

KT and TGH literally get boners talking about boring shit like the merits of various strength indicators in game. But if someone loses their shit and acts like a child when Keegoz says one word and Theo posts one graph. Well your debate ends there man.

temper tantrum is a bad analogy, I think it’s more delusion and paranoia...

Edited by Hodor

1 minute ago, Skepta said:

RIP the age of the minisphere...

7/04/19 - 16/04/19

Glad I'm on this side though!

For Americans
*04/07/19 - 04/16/19

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Theodosius said:

unknown.png

Objectively speaking, BK sphere does still have the numbers. There's also a handful of alliances that from my perspective don't intend to move forward from being a prot on all sides, and being a prot means they have no obligation to directly help in a war on the "sphere." 

One thing I don't like personally is that we have alliances in the 80k+ score range who are still prots. They should all be moving on and taking things into their own hands.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mad Max said:

The real question(s) ares: 

1. Where is Frontier Records going  - cuz, if they decide to be SuPeR DyNaMiC and move over to BK that just pushes that tier up even higher in the 'untrue true' stats.

2. Will Rose being joining BK sphere as well?

3. Maybe Frontier will team up with Rose instead of going to BK - thus cutting ties with TCW?

Either way, its pretty exciting and always assume people with Mad in their name are always mad - its the way of the world.

They signed TCW because Rose didn't want them back, so I doubt it.

• Upvote 1

Bigger economies also have bigger upkeep costs so the idea that a larger economy matters is a bit ridiculous.

Even if you try to argue that, larger alliances have larger economies. If you have more people you are going to have a larger tax base as well, so your entire point is moot.

Tiering and nation count is what matters when determining military power. Your attempts to obfuscate and deflect are more transparent than you seem to think.

• Upvote 2

XLL3z4T.gif

14 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Bigger economies also have bigger upkeep costs so the idea that a larger economy matters is a bit ridiculous.

Even if you try to argue that, larger alliances have larger economies. If you have more people you are going to have a larger tax base as well, so your entire point is moot.

Tiering and nation count is what matters when determining military power. Your attempts to obfuscate and deflect are more transparent than you seem to think.

As transparent as posting a misleading graph with snarky remarks and no context?

• Downvote 1

Just now, The Mad Titan said:

As transparent as posting a misleading graph with snarky remarks and no context?

I haven't posted any graphs yet but if you like I can. 

Of course we both know you'll just come up with some excuse why objective numbers don't count lmfao.

• Upvote 2

XLL3z4T.gif