Boring game.

Maia

you aren't bored, you're boring!
be more creative, friendo.

but seriously the community part is what makes the game good. I like how it's easy to learn, but the real enjoyment comes out of interacting with other players.

• Upvote 2

Well, I think a lot of people would agree with what you're saying - many times mechanics and shit have been added to this game with the intention of causing more conflict, but this community has a way to remove the conflict intent and just reap the benefits of those mechanics. You can go back to pretty much every update 'designed' to cause conflict and you'll see minimal conflict w/ just a simple cash bonus added to nations/alliances.

Unfortunately, most games like these, as you probably know, thrive off the community itself and usually have a pretty limited admin involvement. For me, the community is where I find this game intriguing and fun, the game itself - really not that fun and if I wasn't a part of a community, made friends, or just had laughs constantly with people, I'd likely not be here.

I have been burned out in the past, but there is a certain point where you have to get down to the bottom of what this all is. It's just a game and it is legitimately what you make it, you have the option to be burnt or stay fresh. I'd suggest reevaluating your current position, get yourself in with some people who have the same mindset, that this is just a game, and have some fun with some good people.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Maia said:

I am not sure if it's right place if it's not please move it somewhere else. 

Prepare for bad grammar and complains.

My main issue about this game is that too much relaying on community. Every interesting things which are happening currently in game it's up to players. This game is so dull rn that only community keeps it alive. It is sad that game doesn't make any significant progress. There is nothing to do in game rn. No interesting addition to nations or alliances like researches to get bonuses, something like that. Maybe new military unit to make next war more interesting? Idk 

Why not make something which force alliances to fight more often over some bonuses or sth.  People don't fight too often because they don't have reason to burn pixels. How many times we can fight just for lolz or grudges? 

And maybe some small change from time to time in war mechanic  to make every war more interesting?

I don't expect huge changes but this game should be interesting itself. Right now, only community keeps me in this game. I really force myself to log in game. I spend more time at discord... 

Tell me what you think. I am old player not the oldest but totally bored with lack of new interesting content.

And yeah I am free to play player so I am not feeling comfortable to criticise it but well...I don't see reason to support this game when I see such stagnation. I only support games which have constant progress. 

I am tired of trying entertain myself. I did many stupid things but I am feeling burnt out. Ehhh... I expect interesting new things in game. I saw pretty nice ideas in suggestions at forum from members and seems to be mostly ignored.  

Ya im pretty sure there is still a few of us who are older then you sticking around but this game is about the community not the game its self. You only need to spend a few minutes in the game and your done for the day. If your alliance is at war then you will probably spend 10 minutes in the game at most. You will instead find yourself spending more time with the community whether it be on this here owf, pws discord or just your alliances discord. The alliances and their members is where it is at. And im pretty sure sheepy added something to the game way back to spark more conflict and i believe it was those silly treasures.

• Upvote 1

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

14 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Well, I think a lot of people would agree with what you're saying - many times mechanics and shit have been added to this game with the intention of causing more conflict, but this community has a way to remove the conflict intent and just reap the benefits of those mechanics. You can go back to pretty much every update 'designed' to cause conflict and you'll see minimal conflict w/ just a simple cash bonus added to nations/alliances.

Unfortunately, most games like these, as you probably know, thrive off the community itself and usually have a pretty limited admin involvement. For me, the community is where I find this game intriguing and fun, the game itself - really not that fun and if I wasn't a part of a community, made friends, or just had laughs constantly with people, I'd likely not be here.

I have been burned out in the past, but there is a certain point where you have to get down to the bottom of what this all is. It's just a game and it is legitimately what you make it, you have the option to be burnt or stay fresh. I'd suggest reevaluating your current position, get yourself in with some people who have the same mindset, that this is just a game, and have some fun with some good people.

I mean at this point whole community could just move to another game. My issue is too much things happen outside game. For example banking system, why not implement it in game with leaderboard. Remove spreadsheet and add these things in game. Same situation with newspaper ideas. Why not implement it in game as new page? You could subscribe your favourite one.(Like in Erepublik) A lot of new members won't check forum or discord they are focused mostly on game. Like I was when I started. War system too, why not make it easier to be able in game creating teams etc. Why we need spreadsheets? Ok IT guys won't complain but for me it's stupid that most basic things to keep alliance going you need to do with IT experianced guy or manually if you don't have. 

And I don't think  Alex's attempts were bad because we found ways not to fight. We had cool idea as treasure island for example. Maybe it didn't cause wars but was fun because it was something new. And even today people sell these treasures so there is some activity going. 

This game is boring and after a time becomes just annoying. Like rebulding infra I need to do it manually...(if it's way to do it in bulk let me know) When I started I liked it because of being not much time consuming and not pay to win but... I was small I could raid and have fun but I am now big I can only build next city... I just see that this game becoming more like forum or discord game... This game really screams for interesting updates. 

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

1 hour ago, Maia said:

I mean at this point whole community could just move to another game. My issue is too much things happen outside game. For example banking system, why not implement it in game with leaderboard. Remove spreadsheet and add these things in game. Same situation with newspaper ideas. Why not implement it in game as new page? You could subscribe your favourite one.(Like in Erepublik) A lot of new members won't check forum or discord they are focused mostly on game. Like I was when I started. War system too, why not make it easier to be able in game creating teams etc. Why we need spreadsheets? Ok IT guys won't complain but for me it's stupid that most basic things to keep alliance going you need to do with IT experianced guy or manually if you don't have. 

And I don't think  Alex's attempts were bad because we found ways not to fight. We had cool idea as treasure island for example. Maybe it didn't cause wars but was fun because it was something new. And even today people sell these treasures so there is some activity going. 

This game is boring and after a time becomes just annoying. Like rebulding infra I need to do it manually...(if it's way to do it in bulk let me know) When I started I liked it because of being not much time consuming and not pay to win but... I was small I could raid and have fun but I am now big I can only build next city... I just see that this game becoming more like forum or discord game... This game really screams for interesting updates. 

The reason is this type of game isn't lucrative enough for a team of professionals to be employed, so a real company isn't going to make one like this. The main downside of that is the person who makes it is usually a hobbyist who manages to get a playerbase so it's not someone who can put out a phone app right away. Most of the other games had admins that realized that it was nothing compared to other potential opportunities(e.g. Project Terra's and Lunar Wars'), so they pulled the plug on their games. The game that was the flashiest in the genre(nationsgame) was more professional but had a lot of glitches that turned people off and there's what happened with steps to war where it was somewhat professional but a disaster and it wasn't the only money-making opportunity for them.  Erepublik is fueled by rl nationalism a lot of the time and donations giving you a huge advantage. 

To Alex's credit, he's at least somewhat involved in the game unlike the CN admin, but the issue is he's divorced from the real gameplay and his activity isn't at the level where he'll make these quality of life improvements or be able to add content. People are donating anyway and he wanted to prioritize his grades. You're totally right that there should be built-in functionality that is sorely missing(like the calculations/bulk infra/etc. and more content for players that isn't contingent on saving up money or resources over time). Right now people that have IT guys have a huge advantage over people that don't and relying so much on the community to provide hasn't always been great(see site slowdowns/api clamp down). So when someone who isn't technical wants to do something, they have to find someone.  Even many people that know how to code don't want to do it for a game especially when their programs can easily get broken.  A lot of mobile players get turned off by all the manual stuff they have to do. I've advocated for the UI to be changed and for more government-type content to be put in like right now we just have the questionnaire that sets you to moderate/fascist/etc. but it could be a lot more. Approval rating makes no sense as is either and could be tweaked significantly. We'll have to see what he does this summer in terms of his planned interventions. For every potential good change, it's feasible something else gets severely unbalanced.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

There are a couple other nation sims out there that allow you to fiddle with research and develop new units and weapons, but they are horrible examples. That kind of platform tends to require a lot of work and lead to severely unbalanced war mechanics.

17 hours ago, TheNG said:

You make your own fun in these things. When the game gets dull, I return to my family's farm and like farm for a few months.
It ain't much, but it's honest work. 

-snip-

I see the red star on your hat.  You went from Fark accused Nazi sympathizer to Commie scum.

3 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Erepublik is fueled by rl nationalism a lot of the time and donations giving you a huge advantage. 

This is so damn true, and holy shit did you channel your inner Partisan for that wall of bloc text?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I see the red star on your hat.  You went from Fark accused Nazi sympathizer to Commie scum.

This is so damn true, and holy shit did you channel your inner Partisan for that wall of bloc text?

I feel compelled to defend Partisan's honor that you would compare two paragraphs to his beautiful walls of text. :P 

Nationsims such as PnW, and including PnW, used to have more emphasis on the concept of "In-character versus Out-of-Character" (IC and OC). This doesn't just mean keeping your real life separate from the game, but it also means having a character to be in. It means (meant?) putting forth that effort to make a post entertaining or worth reading. Most of the people here already know this but as these games progress in real-time, the people who put the effort in get burnt out. Some more easily, some less so. Eventually everyone that's active hits a point where they need to take a break. Prefontaine is an excellent example of someone who cares to put the effort in but gets burnt out and returns again, Partisan is a worse example but you get the idea.

The game depends on the community to generate most of its content, but we're trending towards less of both quality and quantity. Again, not to single you out Buo, but your post the other day talking about signatures and treaty text being boring minutia that didn't warrant actual posting is a good example of this trend. When you said something along the lines of "let's get back to what matters: playing the game" I think that's a strong example of an overarching attitude that has had a negative impact on the overall game health (again, not trying to blame you sorry for blasting your post).

More often than not, treaties don't get announced or it's more of a handshake than anything either party has put effort into designing. Declaring war is a quiet thing for many groups. Dissolving treaties even more so. I remembered when forum announcements were drafted by a team of people in certain alliances and proofread as well as a graphics person assigned for imagery. That may be a thing of the past but we still have good examples from PnW of solid effort. SK, as much as I hated their indecipherable fonts, used to put a lot of effort into the design and theme of their treaty announcements. Prefontaine is infamous for his video war declarations, a style that has been copied across the board by multiple groups. Partisan, as you say, has his moments where he posts a beautifully written wall of text with citations, sometimes images, usually a few roasts, etc. My point is: The difference that minimal effort makes is palpable on the forums, I think.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Maia said:

You're not wrong with what you are saying - but unfortunately what you're pointing out as what is wrong with PW is exactly what PW is. 

Spreadsheets are just tools that help people do jobs better, they aren't hard to create, manage or utilize - but you can do pretty much everything through the game. You really don't need spreadsheets, it just makes people feel like they are cool and superior. 

As someone who does news/articles/stories for PW through orb-gaming.com - I'm not sure what the difference of joining a server/bookmarking  page vs subscribing to a news feed on PW would be - most news here in PW is pretty shitty. I personally only push news out when there is actual news, following politics and major movements - there is no sense in repeating most news found on Alliance Affairs or Orbis Central, when there really isn't a story behind it. I think the only other major news source out here is....Orbis Tribune and they primarily operate through their discord server.

I do agree on the infra thing, after getting trashed in the last war - having to go city to city to pop in some infra is pretty damn annoying. A city management page would do wonders for people in this game. 

I have a few suggestions:

1. Plan things in the community that put more action in the game. (Hard)

2. Reroll your nation, develop satellite alliances while keeping nations small and frick shit up. (Medium)

3. Delete and carry on with your life. (Easy)

• Upvote 1

-.-

By the Grace of God, the King of the Swedes, the Goths/Geats and the Wends, Grand Prince of Finland, Duke of Scania, Estonia, Livonia, Karelia, Bremen, Verden, Stettin, Pomerania, Kashubia and Wendia, Prince of Rügen, Lord of Ingria and Wismar, Count Palatine of the Rhine, Duke of Bavaria, Jülich, and Cleves

8 hours ago, Buorhann said:

This is only the beginning. Just wait until you see the rest of my redemption arc!

VMpsZOg.jpg

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:27 PM, Mad Max said:

That's a good point. I played a lot when I was in the GPA just because the people there we so awesome to talk to. Everyday there was stuff going on in the forums and we would have a lot of community involvement. I feel like I don't have that much anymore only because I've been involved with the wrong crowds.

I was inactive for a year or so because of the fact that I was not meeting the right people but the thought of the people I haven't met in this community is so much more interesting than the actual game itself. I think if you find the right people that allow for you to make good conversation, good voice chats, and fun times in the game when shit goes down, it is well worth playing.

If worst comes to worst, make your own alliance, find the right people, and take to your ambitions within the realm of mechanics, and just goof around a bit and it makes the game far more interesting than settling down in a big alliance. 

• Like 1

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

2 minutes ago, Chapsie said:

That's a good point. I played a lot when I was in the GPA just because the people there we so awesome to talk to. Everyday there was stuff going on in the forums and we would have a lot of community involvement. I feel like I don't have that much anymore only because I've been involved with the wrong crowds.

I was inactive for a year or so because of the fact that I was not meeting the right people but the thought of the people I haven't met in this community is so much more interesting than the actual game itself. I think if you find the right people that allow for you to make good conversation, good voice chats, and fun times in the game when shit goes down, it is well worth playing.

If worst comes to worst, make your own alliance, find the right people, and take to your ambitions within the realm of mechanics, and just goof around a bit and it makes the game far more interesting than settling down in a big alliance. 

12 hours ago, Xea Evangelos said:

If you want war then join Aargh.

Make your own excitement like the rest of us. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was leading big alliance for very short time but still, my own small alliance as mainframe, 3rd one with Jack3top - Aurora,  did nuke raiding on gov members of TKR, KT and Sva because I heard bad things about them from victims. I did bank stealing from pantheon with Ryleh, did orginased and well prepared counter attacks against raiders, especially Arrgh. Helped made Internal Newspaper which changed to become world wide one with Ripper. Did Embargo War event - HS and Zodiac members made over 1000 embargoes against each other. I did stupid things like raiding CoS members while being in CoS as well - one guy was even raided twice. Recently I made coup thing in CoS replacing Ripper with me as a leader. I need to admit that Ripper has a patience of a saint.  Also joined to Hobo train to experiance new things and it was fun.

Overall, I did a lot to entertain myself in this game but I am sad that game isn't developing as well to entertain me without my effort. At least should be better organised to make things easier in game - infra rebuilding etc.

6 hours ago, Mad Max said:

You're not wrong with what you are saying - but unfortunately what you're pointing out as what is wrong with PW is exactly what PW is. 

Spreadsheets are just tools that help people do jobs better, they aren't hard to create, manage or utilize - but you can do pretty much everything through the game. You really don't need spreadsheets, it just makes people feel like they are cool and superior. 

As someone who does news/articles/stories for PW through orb-gaming.com - I'm not sure what the difference of joining a server/bookmarking  page vs subscribing to a news feed on PW would be - most news here in PW is pretty shitty. I personally only push news out when there is actual news, following politics and major movements - there is no sense in repeating most news found on Alliance Affairs or Orbis Central, when there really isn't a story behind it. I think the only other major news source out here is....Orbis Tribune and they primarily operate through their discord server.

I do agree on the infra thing, after getting trashed in the last war - having to go city to city to pop in some infra is pretty damn annoying. A city management page would do wonders for people in this game. 

I have a few suggestions:

1. Plan things in the community that put more action in the game. (Hard)

2. Reroll your nation, develop satellite alliances while keeping nations small and frick shit up. (Medium)

3. Delete and carry on with your life. (Easy)

1-2 explained above. I did 3rd option in other game and felt awful so I will rather slowly fade away. Maybe I will go Ebeezy's path and just stay at discord(I love this community) because game itself is becoming just unnecessary addition to it imo. 

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:42 AM, Maia said:

I am not sure if it's right place if it's not please move it somewhere else. 

Prepare for bad grammar and complains.

My main issue about this game is that too much relaying on community. Every interesting things which are happening currently in game it's up to players. This game is so dull rn that only community keeps it alive. It is sad that game doesn't make any significant progress. There is nothing to do in game rn. No interesting addition to nations or alliances like researches to get bonuses, something like that. Maybe new military unit to make next war more interesting? Idk 

Why not make something which force alliances to fight more often over some bonuses or sth.  People don't fight too often because they don't have reason to burn pixels. How many times we can fight just for lolz or grudges? 

And maybe some small change from time to time in war mechanic  to make every war more interesting?

I don't expect huge changes but this game should be interesting itself. Right now, only community keeps me in this game. I really force myself to log in game. I spend more time at discord... 

Tell me what you think. I am old player not the oldest but totally bored with lack of new interesting content.

And yeah I am free to play player so I am not feeling comfortable to criticise it but well...I don't see reason to support this game when I see such stagnation. I only support games which have constant progress. 

I am tired of trying entertain myself. I did many stupid things but I am feeling burnt out. Ehhh... I expect interesting new things in game. I saw pretty nice ideas in suggestions at forum from members and seems to be mostly ignored.  

I hate to admit but you are absolutely right......... Like only thing that connecting me with current game is bunch of old friends i like to hangout with..... there has to be some major changes in the gameplay and stuffs..... :(:( 
litreally nothing changed in last what 3-4 years apart from one minor war mechanics shift...... it's nice that we have lots of good FA minded people to make things interesting but I guess its high time that more updates comes our way...... I dont think we are yet in a point of no return for this game but we are approaching it no doubt about that.

• Upvote 1

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

I propose the fight lottery, every week two players from every score range are selected random and they have to fight a 1 vs 1 where no one else can interfere, they can't avoid the fight

You can expand the thing to 2 players and 3 players teams, maybe adding prizes for the winner

• Like 2