SYNDICATE, INC. EXITS TWO RELIGIOUS FUNDS

A couple of things.

One, raiding isn’t quite the end all to learning how to war, especially if you’re raiding inactives (which usually is the case). There is a lack of suitable targets around the city 10 range, but sub city 8 or so, you have a fairly decent pool of nations to pick from. The scenarios that play out in low tier raids have only a passing resemblance to how a war plays out. Echo’ing Monkey’s word’s here: test server is pretty great for learning how to war. Burnout happens, sure, but you can get your nation up and running at a decent size and kick off military manoeuvres within two or so days of playing there  

It’s important to note that raiding can familiarise you with base mechanics, and I highly encourage new players in the lower tier to do so, not simply because it’s a passing of knowledge via experience, but because it gets the lower tier to engage. Ideally, you would be getting members to raid till about city 7/8 or so. Once you’ve provided an initial start up package, prospective members should have the ability to make money via resource selling, raiding, and gaming the market. They don’t need to focus on infra so that  isn’t really a concern until later stages. 

Having said that, I can understand why Kata put a ban on raiding (thinking it would cause more headaches than usual, believing it would draw gov’t attention - limited as it was and still is - to things lower on the priority list, etc.), I don’t quite agree with it. These beliefs aren’t as uncommon as being presented above, but it takes a bit of effort at the start. From there on out, provided that you’ve laid down the rules and given some guidance to people, you can pretty easily galvanise the alliance’s lower tier into something resembling a decent, engaged part of the alliance.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Akuryo said:

I'm sorry this stepping away from raiding is just hilarious after hearing t$ people go on about how great rawr is.

If you're a new player you can't even get past applicant of my fricking micro without actively raiding, lol.

It's no particular hardship to defend Kata's decisions to a group of people who are essentially expressing their vehement disappointment that they're going to have to wait a little longer than they'd hoped to stomp on her current alliance of residence.

• Upvote 2

Le1AjCa.png

13 hours ago, Akuryo said:

If you only ever tell them to raid inactive people you're once again doing it wrong. I've used other micros to practice small scale blitz raids.

Please quit wasting everyone's time arguing that orange juice isn't better than lemonade, cause yah might as well be.

Edit: and raiding inactives is still more experience than just throwing a guide at them. There is no argument for having them raid and then throwing guides at them not being better than the former, or there isn't unless you want to be the next element85 or whoever.

I'm still wondering about that fighting to exist statement from you. I couldn't help but notice you failed to respond earlier. There are plenty of people who fight just to exist, and I never claimed to be one of them. But I don't think any of them have protectors. That's just plain silly. 

There are many ways of judging applicants for worthiness, pretending you have 'the one true way' is naive and ignorant.

Edited by Itachi
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, katashimon13 said:

like play this game with yall ;3
or have a modicum of hope ?

This clearly the dumbest thing anyone anywhere has ever done. Proving once and for all that rawr is obviously the worst literally ever. Case closed. :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1