Chaos sphere is the worse sphere

Kastor

2 hours ago, Roquentin said:

https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/conflict/1/alliance/1584#versus

click on versus tab

I'm not bashing TKR here, but seeing where the damage was done doesn't really mean IQ being in range is too relevant. Stats for both sides will depend on the infra levels of opponents when they get radically high. Someone determined enough could simply choose to declare on everyone above 2500 infra and have a high net damage if they fought for 100 days and nuked.

That's exactly why them not being in Grumpy's range makes their net damage all the more impressive; they didn't have the same opportunities to conventionally bombard extremely stacked infra in crazy high city numbers and instead had to contend with being perpetually outnumbered and facing off against enemies with relatively limited infra. I'm not bashing IQ there either; your strategy does pay off on a conventional level, but like you said they were indeed exactly determined enough to fight efficiently for ages anyway.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

9 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

That's exactly why them not being in Grumpy's range makes their net damage all the more impressive; they didn't have the same opportunities to conventionally bombard extremely stacked infra in crazy high city numbers and instead had to contend with being perpetually outnumbered and facing off against enemies with relatively limited infra. I'm not bashing IQ there either; your strategy does pay off on a conventional level, but like you said they were indeed exactly determined enough to fight efficiently for ages anyway.

I wasn't even going for the net damage, I think milcom already realized it :ph34r:

I tried for the entire war to have ground and air control on 8 active enemies at the same time to shitpost here trying to kill the other coalition morale, too bad those two times it worked it doesn't lasted an entire day to be quite impressive :(

• Upvote 1

Honestly I think kastor only posts to keep everyone active on the forums, because we all know it's just kastor being kastor but we begrudgingly roll with it anyway. 

Edited by Bezzers
Adding another kastor in the edit reason box
  • Like 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

HELLO MY NAME IS KASTOR

HERE IS A LIST OF EVERYTHING THAT IS OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE

THIS LIST MEANS THESE BLOC PARTICIPANTS CAN'T WORK TOWARDS CHANGE

THAT MEANS THAT THIS IS THE WORST BLOC

PLEASE MAKE ME RELEVANT AGAIN

THANK YOU

• Upvote 1

Man, the soup is hot is the best way to get free upvotes.
giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

On 4/7/2019 at 9:52 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Not to mention that we didn't enter that war crazy stacked with nukes or anything (with the exception of one member). There was nuking and missiling targeted at high infra people of course but given that most of us didn't have stockpiles and you can only build 1 nuke/missile a day, there was also a fair amount of coordination attempts and other efforts going on in the additional wars we had. I say attempts because those were not easy by any means when constantly under fire from defensive wars that we typically couldn't fight back in very well and so our efforts didn't always pan out (good job NPO/BK). Overall, I think we could have done a lot better on coordination but given what we were up against, I'm not the least bit disappointed in how we performed. We accomplished what we wanted to accomplish during the war, we learned from the experience, and we had fun doing it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

On 4/7/2019 at 7:52 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

I'm referring to where a lot of the net damage came from. It came from Azaghul and RedFive who were in the range to hurt people with high infra. https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/conflict/1/alliance/1584

If you're talking about overall damage, they managed to do a lot, but net had some bigger contributors from hurting other whales.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

I'm referring to where a lot of the net damage came from. It came from Azaghul and RedFive who were in the range to hurt people with high infra. https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/conflict/1/alliance/1584

If you're talking about overall damage, they managed to do a lot, but net had some bigger contributors from hurting other whales.

Interesting, and that is a fair point, but if that were the whole story then Grumpy would have had more net damage than TKR due to being entirely composed of whales in range of whales. Still, your argument is valid.

38 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Interesting, and that is a fair point, but if that were the whole story then Grumpy would have had more net damage than TKR due to being entirely composed of whales in range of whales. Still, your argument is valid.

Uh,no? Remember SyndIQ was outnumbered in the whale tier, and that Grumpy is like half the whales in the entire game. Once those first few rounds were over and they were getting dragged down the damages were lopsided against them. They were fighting guys with 1300 infra and nothing but planes.

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

That's not actually all that accurate because it ignores what they had to overcome to get there as well. Like Az alone took 5b in damages and came back from it entirely to wind up at 6.6b net where other members didn't. Those two were incredible - Azaghul did an amazing job with his wars and with choosing targets and also with coordinating with others and RedFive was well equipped with his nation strategy for this type of war and utilized it well. Trying to write off their accomplishments in this war as just being in whale range ignores the full picture and attributing the positive damage of a full alliance to just two members, regardless of how well they did, is kind of silly. It's like me saying "Oh, we'll just ignore the ones that took a lot of damage and didn't fight back as much." It's full picture or nothing in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

12 minutes ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

That's not actually all that accurate because it ignores what they had to overcome to get there as well. Like Az alone took 5b in damages and came back from it entirely to wind up at 6.6b net where other members didn't. Those two were incredible - Azaghul did an amazing job with his wars and with choosing targets and also with coordinating with others and RedFive was well equipped with his nation strategy for this type of war and utilized it well. Trying to write off their accomplishments in this war as just being in whale range ignores the full picture and attributing the positive damage of a full alliance to just two members, regardless of how well they did, is kind of silly. It's like me saying "Oh, we'll just ignore the ones that took a lot of damage and didn't fight back as much." It's full picture or nothing in my opinion.

I'm not disputing what the individuals accomplished by fighting the way they did. I'm just saying large amounts of  net damage will be more reflective of the infra counts of the opponents rather than any skill. There was a lot of overall damage done by all the TKR members and a lot of them racked up a lot of wars and were putting effort in without those net damage stats. On our side, whoever fought Sphinx was guaranteed some good stats.

Edited by Roquentin

2 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

I'm not disputing what the individuals accomplished by fighting the way they did. I'm just saying large amounts of  net damage will be more reflective of the infra counts of the opponents rather than any skill.

I would disagree on the skill front. If all we did was sit and nuke, I might agree because that doesn't require a ton of skill necessarily. But as I'd mentioned, we by and large didn't have the means to do that since we didn't have nuke/missile stockpiles and because there was a limit to how many nukes/missiles could be purchased, and therefore launched, a day, there were other efforts going on that did require more skill and creativity in order to cause damage. That is how most of our members spent last war fighting. Those efforts had varying degrees of success depending on the war and how our offensive wars were going.

2 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

There was a lot of overall damage done by all the TKR members and a lot of them racked up a lot of wars and were putting effort in without those net damage stats.

Agreed.

BrOQBND.jpg