General Cosmetic Features

Despartainian

I just wanted to start a thread for general ideas that are mostly or completely for show--things that have no effect on the game other than setting apart your nation.

I personally was thinking of a bar or score indicating your populations happiness or approval rating, based on your policies and actions. It wouldn't make a difference, but it woupd be neat to see.

BbWk4MB.jpg

One Idea I think would make the game more interesting would be military division and naming.

To start, your military would be grouped into a series of units, for example 6,000 soldiers would form an infantry regiment, 3 regiments would form an infantry division, and divisions could be lumped together would form an army. 500 tanks would be an armor regiment, 3 regiments would be an armor division, and so on. There could also be hybrids like a mechanized division which would be 2 infantry and an armor regiment. Note that these numbers  and names are completely arbitrary. When army units are recruited, they would be automatically put in an unfilled unit and when a unit is full, a new one is formed. When all the soldier in a unit are killed or dismissed, the unit simply goes away until more troops are purchased. There could be a units list page where you could organize all this, and when attacking you should see a list of your units, and be able to select all or some you wanted to send out. To make things simple for people who don't want to bother, the default option could be like it is now, one huge army, until someone decides to divide up their army.

It would also be neat to allow players to name their units, you could have "1st light infantry regiment", "23rd armored division", "2nd army", or whatever you wanted, I think it would add a very neat personalization/rp element to your army, make war more interesting and get you even slightly invested in your soldiers. 

Edited by TheNG
  • Upvote 2

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

• Administrators

I just wanted to start a thread for general ideas that are mostly or completely for show--things that have no effect on the game other than setting apart your nation.

I personally was thinking of a bar or score indicating your populations happiness or approval rating, based on your policies and actions. It wouldn't make a difference, but it woupd be neat to see.

I like this idea too, but I'm not sure how we'd determine happiness or an approval rating.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I like this idea too, but I'm not sure how we'd determine happiness or an approval rating.

I'm not sure either. Maybe a score derived from Population Density (The lower, the happier), Pollution Index (The lower, the happier), Crime Rate (The lower, the happier), Disease (The lower, the happier), Commerce (The higher, the happier), and Average Income (The higher, the happier)? Perhaps a High Tax rate, small army, ect. could also play a role?

I'm sure it'd be a lot to code though, so I suppose it's up to how much you'd want to do.

BbWk4MB.jpg

I'm sure it'd be a lot to code though, so I suppose it's up to how much you'd want to do.

In terms of coding the actual calculation, it isn't that hard, it's just working out a good equation that's tricky. However making it part of the game I haven't a clue, I don't understand html based games. ;D

1x Gentleman of Economics @ TSG

1x Leader @ TSG

1x Minister of Prosperity @ TEL

1x Adviser @ TEL

First Recipient of the Order of the Jarl @ TEL - Honoring service to the alliance.

1x Associate @ tS