Recalculate Forum Reputation

Dubayoo

8 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

Your reputation in-game is separate from your reputation in discussing how the game is managed. 

Yes, you can dislike all you want, but your relationship with another player is not superior to another's relationship with the same player.

That's your problem. You're confusing the IC-OOC distinction and trying to make yourself more valuable than third parties in judging someone's reputation.

I must inform that it doesn't matter if this is ic or ooc. You are making yourself look a fool in front of all these unforgiving eyes. That's your problem. Your reputation isn't something thats split up. People aren't going to suddenly go from wow that guys retarded to wow he's a pretty cool dude simply because you flipped an arbitrary switch in your head.

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

1 hour ago, Dubayoo said:

PnW is a political game. Politics involve reputation.

On an in-character basis, we have to acknowledge its importance.

PnW is a Nation Simulation game.  Not a political game, if it was it would get more autistic.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Verin said:

I must inform that it doesn't matter if this is ic or ooc. You are making yourself look a fool in front of all these unforgiving eyes. That's your problem. Your reputation isn't something thats split up. People aren't going to suddenly go from wow that guys retarded to wow he's a pretty cool dude simply because you flipped an arbitrary switch in your head.

If that's the case, then the community here is seriously mentally problematic from completely failing to understand the difference between a game versus real life.

• Downvote 9

1 minute ago, Dubayoo said:

If that's the case, then the community here is seriously mentally problematic from completely failing to understand the difference between a game versus real life.

You don't get to just pop out of nowhere, start some drama, then call the entire community mental simply because they don't play by your rules. Sorry friend, I'm playing my no u card

• Like 1

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

3 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

Everyone here is autistic 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Verin said:

You don't get to just pop out of nowhere, start some drama, then call the entire community mental simply because they don't play by your rules. Sorry friend, I'm playing my no u card

This isn't about my rules. This is about realizing how rules apply to games. The rules of a game aren't the same as real life.

Failing to get that suggests you confuse fantasy with reality as if you're deluded.

• Downvote 8

1 minute ago, Dubayoo said:

This isn't about my rules. This is about realizing how rules apply to games. The rules of a game aren't the same as real life.

Failing to get that suggests you confuse fantasy with reality as if you're deluded.

I'm not the one who has convinced myself that making myself look like a fool here is gonna just magically fade away when people interact with me elsewhere

• Like 1

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

6 minutes ago, Verin said:

I'm not the one who has convinced myself that making myself look like a fool here is gonna just magically fade away when people interact with me elsewhere

If anything's foolhardy, it's believing your anonymous participation in an online game has a real life impact on how people interact with you. Your character's reputation is not your actual reputation. Real people don't care if you're popular in a gameworld.

If you don't believe me, try using your reputation here on a professional resume and see if it manages to get you hired.

Edited by Dubayoo
  • Downvote 9

14 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

If anything's foolhardy, it's believing your anonymous participation in an online game has a real life impact on how people interact with you. Your character's reputation is not your actual reputation. Real people don't care if you're popular in a gameworld.

If you don't believe me, try using your reputation here on a professional resume and see if it manages to get you hired.

Your interpreting his message all wrong, he means his reputation will carry over to those who he interacted with if they find him in a different environment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

Your interpreting his message all wrong, he means his reputation will carry over to those who he interacted with if they find him in a different environment. 

I know what he meant.

I'm saying it won't carry over because the rules of our gameworld do not define how the real world functions. People don't care if you can become popular in a controlled environment when it comes to what's out of control.

• Downvote 8

6 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

I know what he meant.

I'm saying it won't carry over because the rules of our gameworld do not define how the real world functions. People don't care if you can become popular in a controlled environment when it comes to what's out of control.

But they do especially if it was negative 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

But they do especially if it was negative 

No they don't.

People in real life understand how games can involve harassment by jerks, and how childish, juvenile, and immature punks with attitude problems can make genuine people look bad. If you judge someone by a bad reputation in a game, you're can miss out on recruiting good talent.

• Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

No they don't.

People in real life understand how games can involve harassment by jerks, and how childish, juvenile, and immature punks with attitude problems can make genuine people look bad. If you judge someone by a bad reputation in a game, you're can miss out on recruiting good talent.

People in real life are not the same as you.

P.S. Also look at the bold text.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

People in real life are not the same as you.

P.S. Also look at the bold text.

I never said people were the same as me.

I just said people understand how reputation can be ruined. In reality, people have an interest to look beneath the surface to find out the truth.

If you were on a group interview, and told the interviewer how you're better than your peer because your peer has a bad reputation in an online game, the interviewer would think you're crazy and have to hold back from laughing.

• Downvote 8

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Eva-Beatrice said:

What is the daily limit for reactions?

Each member can upvote/downvote 30 times per day according to the settings.

10 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

think it should simply be deactivated & much better. 

Why? Because you had a bad experience with it?

6 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I would agree with freedom of expression except the current system allows some people to loudmouth reputation over others. It doesn't weigh everyone's relationships with other players equally.

The result is the system empowers people with mentally unhealthy addictions and obsessions to ruin and boost other players' reputations out of proportion to how other people relate. This is why I said any individual player should be only able to impact another player's reputation by 1 point. Again, reputation is a community, not individual, score

You obviously didnt read my post, there isnt a way to do what your asking, nor would I support it. This is a game about politics, making political enemies ingame or on the forums will result in the player(s) you upset, annoyed, angered or/and etc will react. What your asking for is limiting expression because I cant limit reactions from 1 person to another, so the alternative is to disable to it completely, which will restrict expression. 

6 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

It's also very clear from this thread that an abundance of punishments need to be handed out. There's a difference between IC and OOC personal attacks which many players here don't appreciate

I should remind you that you are not a forum moderator or game admin, you dont get to decide when punishments are warranted or not. See a rule violation? Report it and move on, do not bring it up in the topic saying what should be done. 

As for the other matter, this topic has gone off topic from the very beginning, keep in topic of the post, dont personally attack or spam this thread or this topic will be closed

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

Just now, Olive Penderghast said:

Each member can upvote/downvote 30 times per day according to the settings.

Why? Because you had a bad experience with it?

You obviously didnt read my post, there isnt a way to do what your asking, nor would I support it. This is a game about politics, making political enemies ingame or on the forums will result in the player(s) you upset, annoyed, angered or/and etc will react. What your asking for is limiting expression because I cant limit reactions from 1 person to another, so the alternative is to disable to it completely, which will restrict expression. 

I should remind you that you are not a forum moderator or game admin, you dont get to decide when punishments are warranted or not. See a rule violation? Report it and move on, do not bring it up in the topic saying what should be done. 

As for the other matter, this topic has gone off topic from the very beginning, keep in topic if the post, dont personally attack or spam this thread or this topic will be closed

While it’s a meaningless number, doesn’t mean new players (and some old) insert more than they should since it’s the reputation stat in the official forum. So it adds incentive for people to try manipulating it & it’s not integrated in with the rest game well.

As the forum uses a template & it can’t be customized much. (Just a feature which came with the forum if you want to use it)

4 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I know what he meant.

No ya don't.

You're very clearly interpreting it all wrong.

I'm saying your reputation here is very much so going to affect the way people treat you in game. Nobody here knows you irl, so obviously it isn't going to hold any value in that regard. You put that twist to my words in on your own. 

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

5 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

>People take this game too seriously, they somehow think their reputation here has any real life impact
>Literally moaning about his reputation on a gaming forum
>????????????

In other news:Screen_Shot_2018-12-21_at_2.08.29_PM.png

Edited by Parachotic
  • Like 2
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

2 minutes ago, Parachotic said:

>People take this game too seriously, they somehow think their reputation here has any real life impact
>Literally moaning about his reputation on a gaming forum
>????????????

In other news:Screen_Shot_2018-12-21_at_2.08.29_PM.png

Profit!!!

• Like 1

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

The only time negative rep really effected me was when I applied to Rose & passed the interview part; although they changed their mind when they saw my forum reputation was negative on the background check.

Although still had other alliances who wanted to recruit me & went with BK. So if not for the rep system I might be in Rose instead of BK right now (Maybe even leading Rose if I ran & won. Lol) 

That people spam downvote others & some alliances caring about the rep number probably works to BK’s favor when I think about it. :P

16 hours ago, Olive Penderghast said:

As for the other matter, this topic has gone off topic from the very beginning, keep in topic of the post, dont personally attack or spam this thread or this topic will be closed

I did read your post. The problem is while this game is about IC politics, that does not mean people should be allowed to make OOC personal attacks.

A report was made, and you did nothing about it. 

16 hours ago, Verin said:

No ya don't.

You're very clearly interpreting it all wrong.

I'm saying your reputation here is very much so going to affect the way people treat you in game. Nobody here knows you irl, so obviously it isn't going to hold any value in that regard. You put that twist to my words in on your own. 

What does that have anything to do with this thread?

• Downvote 5

9 hours ago, Alex said:

After skimming this thread, all I want to point out is that reputation doesn't do anything. Who cares if someone downvotes your post? It's not as if downvotes hide your content, filter it for other users, or sort it unpreferentially.

If you don't like the reputation system, ignore it. It has no bearing on anything.

If reputation does nothing, then you should eliminate it from the game since it's a distraction.

Whether you like it or not isn't the point either. The point is how third parties observe it when figuring out who to associate with.

After skimming reviews for PnW as well (which has a rating of less than 3.5 btw on Googleplay and suggests you need to seriously fix this game), I should point out that there's considerable reason to believe you're biased towards those opposing me in this thread as well. Someone made the following comment before any of this started:

Pn-W-Rating.png

It's pretty clear here. Either take action against my opponents, or you've confessed to being corrupt and incompetent.

• Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

I did read your post. The problem is while this game is about IC politics, that does not mean people should be allowed to make OOC personal attacks.

A report was made, and you did nothing about it. 

What does that have anything to do with this thread?

I'm not going to explain it's relevance. Im done arguing with children.

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

Just now, Verin said:

I'm not going to explain it's relevance. Im done arguing with children.

Just because you say it's relevant doesn't make it so.

Lying like that makes you the actual child.

• Downvote 4