Recalculate Forum Reputation

Dubayoo

Just now, Verin said:

@Parachotic

You fight the good fight, have an upvote

I do what must be done, brother. My sacrifice shant be in vain!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

If by good fight, you mean he enables random creepy stalkers who are addicted to being self-absorbed, yea sure.

• Downvote 10

1 hour ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I remember in CN when an up or down vote feature for the forum was suggested, it got shot down & I think with good reason.

Somebody with to much time on their hands can put most people in the negative. With a coordinated effort someone can quickly be put way in the negatives if they don’t already have a bunch upvotes accumulated.

Oh. You mean like that time when you spam downvoted me for no reason on your old account? Gtfo hypocrite. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

Oh. You mean like that time when you spam downvoted me for no reason on your old account? Gtfo hypocrite. 

I think you might have first, but several were spam downvoting me & you could have got mixed in. Also I think the thread is about changing the forum to make spam down voting either pointless or have a minimized effect. I know a lot of people do it & doesn’t change it makes the forum (by extension the game) less appealing to more people by keeping the mass downvote feature.

If it’s a feature, people will use it how they want.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I don't have a problem with people downvoting my posts.

The problem is when some random profile who I've never had any contact before at all continues to downvote again and again and again... and I wasn't even talking about you. The system as is allows completely random opinions to totally ruin someone's reputation.

On top of that, the opinion becomes overweighted compared to the opinion of others. It ignores how reputation is a community, not individual, characteristic.

If anyone lacks empathy, it's those who refuse to understand the problem of weighing different people's opinions differently when it comes to defining reputation...

...and no, you're just a cynic who comes to presumptions. You clearly don't believe people can talk objectively about things which further suggests that indeed you're a psychopath. The fact you even downvote someone's opinion in an OOC thread that you disagree with further reinforces the point. You're clearly trying to mix in-game versus real life understanding.

Jesus you cry a lot.

Also, LAWL you care about forum rep. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

STFU

3 minutes ago, rollo said:

Jesus you cry a lot.

Also, LAWL you care about forum rep. 

Troll moar. You're just looking for easy pickings and don't like it when people defend what makes sense.

• Downvote 10

The irony is if I were to mass downvote Ryan1 or someone else who makes a habit of mass downvoting people; he'd probably post a screenshot crying about it & many of the people saying this guy is whining would be up voting other people who complain whenever they get downvoted.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dubayoo said:

Troll moar. You're just looking for easy pickings and don't like it when people defend what makes sense.

we're trolls, we don't care either way

• Like 2

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

3 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

The irony is if I were to mass downvote Ryan1 or someone else who makes a habit of mass downvoting people; he'd probably post a screenshot crying about it & many of the people saying this guy is whining would be up voting other people who complain whenever they get downvoted.

You should meet Element85.

5 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

If by good fight, you mean he enables random creepy stalkers who are addicted to being self-absorbed, yea sure.

You give them threads like this and then say the most outlandish ad hominems, that is why people are continuing to down-vote you, to shake that lulzy reaction out of you.

I am not even trying to be mean and get a rouse out of you by saying that either.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Eva-Beatrice said:

or a forum admin would be so kind as to let us see what options the forum has regarding reputation, if any?

I went through the settings in the AdminCP and went through the options, and found there is limited settings we can do ourselves. 

Reputation Settings:

• Reputation Enabled?: Yes
  • Exclude these groups: None Selected
  • Highlight Content with Positive Reputation: set to 7
  • Show Each members total reputation points on their profile: Enabled
  • Reaction Display: Individual or Value, and Individual was selected

There is other categories, but doesn't change the way it works persay.

We can add more reactions, 4 of the default reactions are currently disabled, leaving the Like, upvote and downvote the only ones you can select on the forums, then the tab to control the leaderboard and the Reputation levels. 

There isn't a way to exclude sub-forums.

Going into Groups, the only thing I could do is increase/Decrease the amount of Upvotes/Downvotes/Likes an account can do in one day or hide the members ratings altogether. 

I can't speak for the rest of the Moderation team or @Alex on this, but I don't agree with removal of the reputation system, nor do I feel with the settings provided to us by the provider of this forum software need to be changed. I personally would rather allow more freedom of expression, as long as it doesn't violate the current forum rules. I don't think we need to add more restrictions, however like I said, I am not speaking on behalf of the Alex and the Moderation Team, this is more of my personal opinion on the matter. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

29 minutes ago, Olive Penderghast said:

I went through the settings in the AdminCP and went through the options, and found there is limited settings we can do ourselves. 

Reputation Settings:

We can add more reactions, 4 of the default reactions are currently disabled, leaving the Like, upvote and downvote the only ones you can select on the forums, then the tab to control the leaderboard and the Reputation levels. 

Going into Groups, the only thing I could do is increase/Decrease the amount of Upvotes/Downvotes/Likes an account can do in one day or hide the members ratings altogether. 

I can't speak for the rest of the Moderation team or @Alex on this, but I don't agree with removal of the reputation system, nor do I feel with the settings provided to us by the provider of this forum software need to be changed. I personally would rather allow more freedom of expression, as long as it doesn't violate the current forum rules. I don't think we need to add more restrictions, however like I said, I am not speaking on behalf of the Alex and the Moderation Team, this is more of my personal opinion on the matter. 

What is the daily limit for reactions?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

2 hours ago, Olive Penderghast said:

Reputation Settings:

#DownWithRepSystem

I think it should simply be deactivated & much better. 

Edit: Could also disable it showing on profiles, then people could still add reactions on individual posts.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Downvote 2

What if we limit the reputation to 5 per person, per day?

What I mean by this is Player A can only downvote or upvote 5 of Player B’s things. Player A can then go and upvote or downvote Player C’s things, until Player A reaches the limit with that person.

I don’t think removing it entirely would be the best idea but we do need to cut down on mass downvoting (ahem, Noctis :P)

• Downvote 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

5 hours ago, Olive Penderghast said:

Reputation Settings:

I would agree with freedom of expression except the current system allows some people to loudmouth reputation over others. It doesn't weigh everyone's relationships with other players equally.

The result is the system empowers people with mentally unhealthy addictions and obsessions to ruin and boost other players' reputations out of proportion to how other people relate. This is why I said any individual player should be only able to impact another player's reputation by 1 point. Again, reputation is a community, not individual, score. 

It's also very clear from this thread that an abundance of punishments need to be handed out. There's a difference between IC and OOC personal attacks which many players here don't appreciate. If someone wants to call another IC salty, that's fine, but calling someone else OOC salty suggests people aren't allowed to have self-respect or engage in self-defense. It's a confession to wanting to be a real life predator who wants to compel other people to actually suffer beyond the parameters of the game.

Case in point, this is a literal confession to exploiting the system: 

10 hours ago, Verin said:

we're trolls, we don't care either way

Edited by Dubayoo
  • Downvote 9

5 hours ago, MinesomeMC said:

I have terrible reputation point and idc, but if that number is your life you should reevaluate your life immediately. I heard shifty does therapy.

PnW is a political game. Politics involve reputation.

On an in-character basis, we have to acknowledge its importance.

• Downvote 9

49 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

PnW is a political game. Politics involve reputation.

On an in-character basis, we have to acknowledge its importance.

You're right, politics do involve reputation, yours is forever tarnished as crybaby

PW never forgets my friend, never

Also I'm not exploiting anything, I'm simply disliking comments that I disagree with ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

2 minutes ago, Verin said:

You're right, politics do involve reputation, yours is forever tarnished as crybaby

PW never forgets my friend, never

Also I'm not exploiting anything, I'm simply disliking comments that I disagree with ?

Your reputation in-game is separate from your reputation in discussing how the game is managed. 

Yes, you can dislike all you want, but your relationship with another player is not superior to another's relationship with the same player.

That's your problem. You're confusing the IC-OOC distinction and trying to make yourself more valuable than third parties in judging someone's reputation.

• Downvote 9