On my retirement from Pantheon's government

Cthulu

34 minutes ago, Xea Evangelos said:

For anybody that isn't a loony toon, Reichspakt means Empire Pact or Imperial Pact. 

Just because somebody writes something in German doesn't mean it's Nazi related. Reich is a simple German word meaning Empire,  just as Hund means Dog. 

Ich Liebre Dicht!

game rules prohibit them from having a public Nazi theme but Motky's discord avi is an anime girl saluting in front of a swastika. If game rules were not what they are he would definitely do a Nazi themed alliance

forumsign.PNG

40 minutes ago, Xea Evangelos said:

For anybody that isn't a loony toon, Reichspakt means Empire Pact or Imperial Pact. 

Just because somebody writes something in German doesn't mean it's Nazi related. Reich is a simple German word meaning Empire,  just as Hund means Dog. 

Ich Liebre Dicht!

You misspelled ich liebe dich. Ich spreche ein bischen Deutsch. My issue isn't with the alliance name in and of itself by itself in a vacuum.

Edited by Cthulu
  • Upvote 1

Good on you for taking a stand for your principles. The acceptance is really insidious around here, unfortunately. I’m certain you’ll be able to find an alliance that shares your values. 

Edited by Queenzo eMzo
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Ethos said:

As I said in our government channel, I should have flat out rejected our former FA deity, Tarroc's, protectorate request after seeing the protectorate post those memes. I'm a black man. As someone who IRL has been physically attacked on account of my race, those things mean something personal to me. I deeply value inclusivity. 

I chose not to fight with Tarroc about them at the time as a gesture of good faith to try to foster more cohesion in the team. I, perhaps incorrectly, anticipated that shutting down his protectorate request would lead to him storming out of Pantheon in a manner similar to the way you did here. However, at the time, you had plenty of opportunity to voice these strong objections. You neither did that in government channels, nor with me in private. Both of us have spoken about a variety of topics in the time since then, and you have not elected to bring up the objections in this post. If you truly do care about their theme enough to leave the alliance because of it, I would have expected that you would voice those concerns contemporaneously or at some point since then. 

Let's not try to blame me here. I was assigned to scout them out, and when I did my recommendation, none of this stuff had happened yet. I proposed it as a vote, and it was approved, and I then once again asked your permission to send them the protectorate treaty, and it was granted.

As for the nazi memes, I gave multiple warnings to Reich about it, and I asked them not to do it. I did not make this decision on my own, I received your approval as well as the approval of the rest of the gov, so keep my name out of your mouth, unless you want to tell the truth, Ethos.

2 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

Just because you dont like something doesn't make it Nazi themed or kkk related. If it is provide evidence, don't just go on a rant.

Once again, their leader's Discord avatar is Nazi, their members post several Nazi (idk about kkk though) memes and have had a history of raiding Discord servers. that's why people don't like them. Personally I just think they're trolls and nothing more and might eventually grow out of this idea that its funny, but people do have principles too and dont want to be connected to those who promote Nazi anything, even if its just a joke.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

forumsign.PNG

27 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

Let's not try to blame me here. I was assigned to scout them out, and when I did my recommendation, none of this stuff had happened yet. I proposed it as a vote, and it was approved, and I then once again asked your permission to send them the protectorate treaty, and it was granted.

As for the nazi memes, I gave multiple warnings to Reich about it, and I asked them not to do it. I did not make this decision on my own, I received your approval as well as the approval of the rest of the gov, so keep my name out of your mouth, unless you want to tell the truth, Ethos.

Here's an easy solution: stop protecting every shitass micro run by some chump with 75-IQ points who thinks he knows the game better than the most successful veterans. 

Even crazier idea - have actual standards for the alliances you protect. EVEN CRAZIER YET, be not shit yourself so that you can have a competent gov to mentor and teach said protectorates. 

• Upvote 3

have fun irl cthulu ^_^

im glad you held yourself up to the same standards of communication as you requested from me :3

2 hours ago, Tarroc said:

Let's ...... tell the truth

about the tantrums that are thrown when tarroc dusnt get wat tarroc feels they are entitled to

rawr

• Upvote 1

It says "Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel I made you out of clay." on their front page. I don't think it's too difficult to work this one out.

While I think there's certainly a fine line between making really tasteless nazi jokes and actually being a nazi, I don't see why anyone would want to protect an alliance that leads with something like that. Like, let's all just not, and then we won't have to worry about debating, because those edgelords/goofy kids will find some other community to annoy.

Shrug. Good luck, Op. I don't know if you want to stick around, but as cynical as I can be, I assume "virtually anywhere else" will be better than where you ended up.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 3

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

It says "Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel I made you out of clay." on their front page. I don't think it's too difficult to work this one out.

You're right, it could be a Southpark reference.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, Ethos said:

I'm a black man.

And I'm white, but who cares. Dont pull the race card. Racism happens to everyone White, Black, Asian, Arabic, Latino, etc. I dont care if your black, Jewish, Asian, white, or penguin. That doesnt prove the problem is bad. As I've heard they might just be trolls who have edgy humor and the alliance is ww1 themed. If they like nazi memes God for em, some memes are funny. I have a dark humor so do other people. It's only unacceptable if they attack you for your race. Then I find it acceptable to complain. They havent violated any rules and are just edgy people like a lot of people in the community. So please for the love of god stop putting race into this, no one cares what your color is. We are equal. 

Edit: also Jewish people were affected by nazis the most, then slavs (eastern European white), and then Germans themselves . 

Edited by MinesomeMC
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 3

Guest San Fortunado
11 hours ago, Ethos said:

As I said in our government channel, I should have flat out rejected our former FA deity, Tarroc's, protectorate request after seeing the protectorate post those memes. I'm a black man. As someone who IRL has been physically attacked on account of my race, those things mean something personal to me. I deeply value inclusivity. 

I chose not to fight with Tarroc about them at the time as a gesture of good faith to try to foster more cohesion in the team. I, perhaps incorrectly, anticipated that shutting down his protectorate request would lead to him storming out of Pantheon in a manner similar to the way you did here. However, at the time, you had plenty of opportunity to voice these strong objections. You neither did that in government channels, nor with me in private. Both of us have spoken about a variety of topics in the time since then, and you have not elected to bring up the objections in this post. If you truly do care about their theme enough to leave the alliance because of it, I would have expected that you would voice those concerns contemporaneously or at some point since then. 

Hey buddy, you dropped something...

image.png.1b18b8803b650fa5d8914a3347d11a42.png

2 hours ago, Roquentin said:

If it was a strict German theme and people weren't wearing swastika avatars

I must be blind, where's the swastika's?

I legit just checked their entire 7man alliance for any symbolism and I didn't see any.

EDIT:

Nevermind.  Someone showed me their Avatars on Discord.  That's fricked.

Can't really argue against that anymore.  GG Pantheon.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Drop the rest of your shitty protectorates while you're at it and let the game do some spring cleaning.

remove protectorate

image.jpeg.d56c0c2a5ae6a14595ba1c0e0a72e513.jpeg

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

I must be blind, where's the swastika's?

I legit just checked their entire 7man alliance for any symbolism and I didn't see any.

EDIT:

Nevermind.  Someone showed me their Avatars on Discord.  That's fricked.

Can't really argue against that anymore.  GG Pantheon.

Shame, too. I'd like a nice German-themed alliance. Or maybe an Australian one. Anything besides the norm would be great.

• Like 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg