Help Me Out Fellas

Bhuto

Hey, people, some of you know that I came back sometime (3 months) ago and one of the visible change I noticed from the 2016-17 era is that this forum is pretty less active :P (won't use the word inactive). Although in-game and in discord many alliances seemed to be hyper-active. So any particular reason why? 

I am particularly missing long Orbis Central threads about in-game politics ? .... 

Now easily could have asked this to a few old friends but really want everyone's opinion here :) 

• Like 1

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

What hyper-active Discord servers are you talking about? o.O

The forum's just loaded with sarcastic trolls who enjoy getting things wrong to get under others' skin, so nobody posts to begin with since that's asking to get trolled.

It's the same problem as ever on PnW - everyone counterattacks, nobody attacks.

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

What hyper-active Discord servers are you talking about? o.O

The forum's just loaded with sarcastic trolls who enjoy getting things wrong to get under others' skin, so nobody posts to begin with since that's asking to get trolled.

It's the same problem as ever on PnW - everyone counterattacks, nobody attacks.

forum always contains some trolls if there are quality posters then no one gives a damn about the trolls imo

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

When it’s a bipolar world you can go on the offensive on the forums since sides are already known. It’s more fluid now so most politicking has moved to back rooms rather than the forum. 

Now the only times it’s super aggressive is during wars. 

Edited by The Mad Titan
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bhuto said:

forum always contains some trolls if there are quality posters then no one gives a damn about the trolls imo

Not sure the forum's ever really had "quality." 

What does happen sometimes is old players from long ago who established the original alliances have a large following, so they get a lot of likes for no good reason.

Those old players are a lot of the problem - they hug their pixels as whales and troll the entire game merely from existing and doing nothing.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

When it’s a bipolar world you can go on the offensive on the forums since sides are already known. It’s more fluid now so most politicking has moved to back rooms rather than the forum. 

Now the only times it’s super aggressive is during wars. 

ah that makes sense :) 

1 minute ago, Dubayoo said:

Not sure the forum's ever really had "quality." 

What does happen sometimes is old players from long ago who established the original alliances have a large following, so they get a lot of likes for no good reason.

Those old players are a lot of the problem - they hug their pixels as whales and troll the entire game merely from existing and doing nothing.

that is absolutely false ...... sometimes your perspective makes you think someone is being a troll but just think as an independent persona there was a pretty good reason why some old players had a good support base. 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

It's all a conspiracy to make Dubayoo's experience on the OWF as awful as possible, tbqh. 

On a serious note, and without getting too far into it, I'd say it has a lot to do with the aging of the game, attrition / retirement / withdrawal of experienced players, and the fact that most AAs right now have well-established brands already.

Also the fact that you have to be either be a masochist or sadist to truly enjoy posting in this community doesn't really make this a particularly welcoming environment for the uninitiated. 

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Upvote 4

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

I do hope I don't have that much control over the forum through provoking reverse psychology. ?

I'd agree with the rest of that post though. It's typical for MMORTS. Old players get powerful, don't like to relinquish control to a next generation, the future gets hopeless, and the past gets bored.

The game dies because some people in the past linger to hold onto their power, and the future ultimately has no chance at accomplishing anything at all.

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, ShadyAssassin said:

Cause they banned Roz

You guys think this is a joke, but this statement is true.  Roz was one of the more prolific posters on the forum (Not saying he should be unbanned or whatnot, just stating that he was a really active poster).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah Rozalia was willing to tackle any debate or issue irl or in-game as long as I knew him. Before discord we would talk about Guerrilla Republic and he would say how shit it was in the old in-game messages. He also was always posting on the forums as Buorhann said. Other older players who would post on the forums a lot have left the game as well and I guess the newer players are just not as interested in the forums as they are discord (compared to old IRC).

• Upvote 1

The forums are pretty lame, I use them to gauge audience for articles w/ ORB and get some news, but even then a simple RSS feed for alliance affairs that pushes to a server channel limits interaction with other subforums on here. I think mostly everything is on the go, people don't wanna push through threads on a forum when you can just get it in one click.

• Upvote 1

SNN still exists but you guys are less willing to leak now and less shit is post-worthy now.

Y'all are slippin'

12 minutes ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

SNN still exists but you guys are less willing to leak now and less shit is post-worthy now.

Y'all are slippin'

Because you have to report to BK with your shit and have their permission to post it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Because you have to report to BK with your shit and have their permission to post it.

I don't see you offering an MDP

10 hours ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

I don't see you offering an MDP

lmao so you are basically a pet of bk? :P 

• Like 1

aA9XUQZ.png