What Do PnW Players Believe On Gun Control?

Dubayoo

Do You Believe in Gun Control?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe in Gun Control?

• I believe firearm ownership should be illegal, and I support PnW's current peacetime.
    • I believe firearm ownership should be illegal, and I hope the next war happens sooner than later.
    • I believe firearm ownership should be restricted to non-automatic weapons, and I support PnW's current peacetime.
    • I believe firearm ownership should be restricted to non-automatic weapons, and I hope the next war happens sooner than later.
    • I believe firearm ownership should be unrestricted, and I support PnW's current peacetime.
    • I believe firearm ownership should be unrestricted, and I hope the next war happens sooner than later.
    • I believe firearm ownership should be unlicensed, and I support PnW's current peacetime.
    • I believe firearm ownership should be unlicensed, and I hope the next war happens sooner than later.
    • Gun control isn't a priority to me, and I support PnW's current peacetime.
    • Gun control isn't a priority to me, and I hope the next war happens sooner than later.

What do PnW players believe in when it comes to gun control?

I'm asking because I'm curious if there's a connection between the abundance of pacifism in the game and if players IRL believe in controlling firearms.

Maybe there is a connection, maybe there isn't. Let's find out.

Edited by Dubayoo
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 6

Hm. In general, I believe that there should be restrictions and background checks on people buying guns. Those who have committed violent crime, especially major ones should not be able to buy guns. As well, those who are not of sound mental health should not be able to buy guns without seeing a goddamn psychiatrist first and working out said mental issues. As for actual restrictions on guns and stuff, well, probably no full automatics. Don't really know that much about stuff to be more specific. 

Just make sure you enforce said restrictions and checks, and actually have it so that people and law enforcement have both the resources and ability to do so without at least much difficulty.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

As someone that lives 3.5 miles away from Sandy Hook Elementary.  frick all the gun nuts, ban them all.  Realistically tho, there are too many guns out there now to ban them.  The fetishizing of guns in the US is absolutely ridiculous.

Just curious, what do you believe is the solution to government corruption when politicians don't listen to words or ordinary people overtly support politicians in playing favorites when it comes to providing service?

I'm just hoping you don't believe in ruggedly individualist libertarianism where you blame the victim in telling the victim if it doesn't like corruption then it can leave.

Edited by Dubayoo
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Dubayoo said:

what do you believe is the solution to government corruption 

There isnt a solution. Not in the US anyways. Politicans are already bought out, and the 1% already has deep control over the government. Politicans cannot do anything without their corporate overlords giving then permission

PoJQyFJ.gif

Just now, Arizona Robbins said:

There isnt a solution. Not in the US anyways. Politicans are already bought out, and the 1% already has deep control over the government. Politicans cannot do anything without their corporate overlords giving then permission

I'd say the problem in America goes back 150 years to the onset of pragmatism which displaced virtuous living. William James, John Dewey, and Charles Sanders Peirce established the idea that what's true is what's useful, but what's useful is a matter of opinion. Different people have different ways to maintain and/or transform facts into the future.

Once pragmatism took off, people became enabled to play favorites towards others who were useful in their opinion and play favorites against others who were useless in their opinion.

• Downvote 3

On the side, it's interesting how almost everyone says they hope the next war happens sooner than later.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

Being a UK resident, I'm happy with the restrictions in place in my country however there remains periodic gun crime.

I am glad I don't live in stateside, primarily due to the lack of regulation on gun control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SpionKop said:

Being a UK resident, I'm happy with the restrictions in place in my country however there remains periodic gun crime.

I am glad I don't live in stateside, primarily due to the lack of regulation on gun control.

Ikr. Living in Montana, I died three times in a school shooting, got shot 10 times in my home, and was killed in the back alley just last night. 
All jokes aside, meh. Living in a high firearm per person state, I don't notice firearm crimes often. 
Sounds like a city problem to me. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, SpionKop said:

Not very effective when you become the most dangerous industrialized country because Britains have a fetish on throwing acid. But I guess its each to their own taste.

Edited by Migraine d'al Braskia
  • Downvote 1

giphy.gif

On 3/25/2019 at 4:16 AM, Boofy said:

Ever notice the fact that the politicians who want to take ppls guns away claiming they dont need them, are surrounded by people with guns "for their protection"?

Maybe its because all the gun nuts are constantly making death threats toward them for wanting to take their precious guns away.

Gun ownership should be restricted to groups ("a well-regulated militia"), not to individuals, and gun owners should treat their guns the same way a Kendoist treats a Katana. We shouldn't have guns getting into the hands of bad / dumb people, or dumb accidents involving guns, and in return, we should allow gun owners to operate silencers (important safety requirement) and automatic weapons on ranges.

12 hours ago, Migraine d'al Braskia said:

Not very effective when you become the most dangerous industrialized country because Britains have a fetish on throwing acid. But I guess its each to their own taste.

Keep on topic shall we :)

10 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Maybe its because all the gun nuts are constantly making death threats toward them for wanting to take their precious guns away.

Then why are foreign politicians guarded by guns if their countries are supposedly free of gun crime?

9 hours ago, Inst said:

Gun ownership should be restricted to groups ("a well-regulated militia"), not to individuals

we should allow

The right of who shall not be infringed? The people, not the militia. The Oxford Dictionary from the times also use "well-regulated" in the context of "well functioning" as opposed to "restricted." "A well regulated militia" is the motive stated, but the operative right is the second part of the amendment, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Allow? The what of the people? The right? You don't allow a right. We have that unalienable right from birth. That would be on par of "allowing" someone to vote. Imagine if Trump said "Well, I guess I'll allow California to vote this election."

1 hour ago, SpionKop said:

Keep on topic shall we :)

It is very on topic. If a criminal can't obtain a gun, they'll use another tool, such as acid. Britain is a prime example.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:08 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

As someone that lives 3.5 miles away from Sandy Hook Elementary.  frick all the gun nuts, ban them all.  Realistically tho, there are too many guns out there now to ban them.  The fetishizing of guns in the US is absolutely ridiculous.

Why? They're used at least as frequently or more frequently in defense than in crimes. (Source) (Source)

• Upvote 2

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

The difference between a gun and acid is that guns are easy to use, relatively glamorous, and easily lethal.

In practice, I know the intent behind the 2nd amendment as well as the pleasure of shooting firearms. Unfortunately, I think the core of the 2nd Amendment has already been bypassed (small arms are mainly suppressive fire IRL, with grenades, HMG, and other weapons doing the majority of the killing). The fact is, small arms aren't that useful against people with Level 4 body armor; you'd need precise and aimed fire, and there's already military countermeasures vs snipers (counterbattery radar linked to mortars).

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Because they are targets and need protection.  How many death threats do you get a day? a week? a year? ever? 

Again, they state you don't need a gun for protection, yet have people use guns for their protection even with unarmed populaces. 

9 hours ago, Inst said:

The difference between a gun and acid is that guns are easy to use, relatively glamorous, and easily lethal.

In practice, I know the intent behind the 2nd amendment as well as the pleasure of shooting firearms. Unfortunately, I think the core of the 2nd Amendment has already been bypassed (small arms are mainly suppressive fire IRL, with grenades, HMG, and other weapons doing the majority of the killing). The fact is, small arms aren't that useful against people with Level 4 body armor; you'd need precise and aimed fire, and there's already military countermeasures vs snipers (counterbattery radar linked to mortars). 

Acid is easy to use. I'd imagine the number of people who accidentally spill a drink largely exceeds the number of people who accidentally shoot a gun. Guns are only glamorous because of the gun debate. Explosives are much more lethal and easier to make than a gun, yet guns are chosen as the media won't stop talking about it until the next shooter.

Would the government really use mortars against civilians? Would you want to live under a government that uses mortars against civilians? If IRA tactics are used (fire one shot and bail), then wouldn't the entire attack take place within the mortar's OODA?

Edited by WISD0MTREE
  • Upvote 4

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

15 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Because they are targets and need protection.  How many death threats do you get a day? a week? a year? ever? 

Correct! Having armed guards that can shoot people trying to kill you is a way of keeping you safe. Maybe (and keep with me as it may be hard to follow), maybe if people had guns they would protect themselves as well.

In all seriousness why do you guys think there are fire extinguisher in buildings? So you don't need to relay on firefighters while the fire is roasting your nerves.

• Upvote 3

giphy.gif

Ill be honest with you Wisdom, you aren't going to change my mind here, so you can argue or try to poke holes in what I post all you want, but i have seen first hand what happens to a community when an !@#$ walks into a school and starts shooting kids.  (FYI one of the parents killed himself in our town hall this week) And frankly your right to own 15 guns isn't worth it in my opinion.  And you are full of shit to say that making a bomb is easier than getting a gun, if it was easier, we would see a bunch of school bombings and not school shootings.

8 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Ill be honest with you Wisdom, you aren't going to change my mind here, so you can argue or try to poke holes in what I post all you want, but i have seen first hand what happens to a community when an !@#$ walks into a school and starts shooting kids.  (FYI one of the parents killed himself in our town hall this week) And frankly your right to own 15 guns isn't worth it in my opinion.  And you are full of shit to say that making a bomb is easier than getting a gun, if it was easier, we would see a bunch of school bombings and not school shootings.

Tell me, Sage of the West. Have you ever saw how a mass shooting in Israel usually ends? It ends when a civilian takes the terrorist down with a gun. You can't really believe that those kids could defend themselves with books. They walk into schools due to being a area that doesn't allow guns, as it is the case in almost every mass shooting in America.

• Upvote 3

giphy.gif