Market regulations

Raphael

This is mostly an issue for the food market right now but could, in the future, conceivably become a problem for the future of all resource markets.

We obviously have a flood of food right now for various reasons. Prices have crashed as a result. Food is plentiful and cheap, yay. However, these crashed prices are being artificially extended via alliance stockpiles worth of food being dumped for cheap. See the millions of units for sell on one stack. This creates an artificial block of price fluctuation. A typical nation can buy a couple hundred thousand worth of food if they’re really wanting to and bump price by a small margin. That’s part of the fun of trading is that it’s interactive and belongs to the players.

To that end I have my suggestion:

Any single player can only post 99,999 of any given resource at a time. Alliances can still coordinate and post multiple offers, which will engage members and make embargoes feel a little more potent. But via human nature and activity limitations between different people, this will diminish the amount of “doom stacks” on the market.

This is probably a controversial suggestion because it’s trading ease for what’s probably better for the community. I genuinely believe this would be a good change though. It would allow prices to fluctuate faster and keep people more engaged.

• Downvote 1

You are incorrect about why food is dropping in price.  It has nothing to do with alliance stockpiles, it has to do with as the game ages, and nations grow larger, making food becomes significantly easier.  Even at its reduced rate, its still easily still the best raw resource to produce, and produce a large amount of quickly.  If you really want to change it, i would suggest going from 20 farms per city to 10, and limit the production of food.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If you really want to change it, i would suggest going from 20 farms per city to 10, and limit the production of food.

10 farms per city might actually be a smart idea, I like it. It would certainly stop the flood the OP is suggesting.

inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

@everyone please stop undercutting people by $100+ ppu. It doesn't work like that. That is all.

I'd argue that this is a bandaid fix, just like the Great Deflation. It doesn't solve why prices are dropping, just trying to prevent them from dropping. Instead, I believe we should place soft caps, not hard caps, on improvements, but I suppose that belongs in another thread.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• 2 weeks later...