SNN-Achilles Last Stand

5 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Definitely not gonna deny my bias here, but you're an idiot if you think blasting off on such a general criticism of such a vague grouping of people actually does anything to challenge Alex on the merits of his moderation here.  

Y'all are being really inconsistent with your ideas about VM.

And yes, I'm a hardliner on VM, I've never used it and if I ever do you will not see me on discord or the forums. That's just me though, and I recognize Alex lets forum posts slide regularly and that's fine even though I'm irritated everytime somebody does it. Evidence of my consitency: 

You're an idiot if you think the words "merit", "Alex" and "Moderation" belong together in a sentence. 

3 hours ago, Akuryo said:

You're an idiot if you think the words "merit", "Alex" and "Moderation" belong together in a sentence. 

I get it. You're a firebrand, 

It's okay. Calm down. Everything will be okay. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

In all seriousness, I don’t know why he VM’d to begin with.

Far more damaging to just demote everybody and sit “actively” as leader.  What’s the worse that could happen?  Get rolled as a low city count nation?

Demote everybody, change permissions, slap everybody into a 100/100 tax, reap the rewards.  Let the cash sit in the alliance bank.

Amateurs looking for that quick fame.

Something nobody has actually given me room to talk about: 

His coup was more or less legit imo, mechanically speaking at least. He played his cards well and pounced on the right sentiments in the right moment. Now, it would have all shattered and fallen apart because (as far as I've seen) he's weak as, but he definitely got to the top in a pragmatically legit way. 

His absolute lack of follow-through and runaway into VM was just straight up silly though, a complete blunder and laughable. To reiterate: 2/10 micros have done better. And putting Pantheon in a situation that was mechanically irreversible while also sacrificing his "active" involvement in-game made it obvious that this was an amateur and shortsighted ploy. 

And Pantheon should honestly take stock of this situation and be appropriately embarrassed, being completely honest. I hope and pray they learn a thing or two, and am optimistic about that despite the public's lack of faith in them. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

39 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

And Pantheon should honestly take stock of this situation and be appropriately embarrassed, being completely honest. I hope and pray they learn a thing or two, and am optimistic about that despite the public's lack of faith in them. 

They won't.  They didn't learn back with the two past bank heists, let alone this one.  It's just a matter of when the next coup/bank heist will happen now, but good reply nonetheless.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Auctor said:

iunno man every story I've ever heard about an alliance becoming truly great starts out exactly this way.

Even if that were the case (and I really can't think of many situations wherein it was, but that may simply be ignorance) this isn't the start of Pantheon's story; not by years. So that rules that out doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Even if that were the case (and I really can't think of many situations wherein it was, but that may simply be ignorance) this isn't the start of Pantheon's story; not by years. So that rules that out doesn't it?

Scarf. I uh. I think he was being sarcastic. :P

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

Scarf. I uh. I think he was being sarcastic. :P

Oh ?

As for the mechanics and admin actions... see, Panth would have persisted anyway, they're not THAT weak. If the coup had gone through all the trouble of kicking and banning everyone, then Panth leadership would have simply made a new alliance (though possibly with a different name, which would have made it a much more crushing blow) and pinged/messaged everyone that had been in their alliance to join the new one. And they'd have been better off without their inactive deadweight anyway. Admin did them no favor here, and his action wasn't THAT stupid or unprecedented, so eh, I don't fault sheeps on this one.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Oh, but haven't you heard?

RiTqYqY.jpg?1

???

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg