SNN-Achilles Last Stand

50 minutes ago, Theodosius said:

Taking bets on how many days it takes for crybabies to get Sheepy to arbitrarily intervene (yet again).

If Alex does this a second time then its time to riot In the streets and burn the game to the ground. (Mostly so I don’t keep playing it) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm just procrastinating for a paper I have to write at this point.

1 hour ago, Theodosius said:

Looks like it happened sooner than I expected. Remember guys, couping is now illegal without Sheepy's permission.

G7tOb9b.png

Generally speaking if you really want to coup a place you should actually stick around long enough to watch things play out instead of hopping into VM.

Very disappointing. Little thought put in, poor spin, and absolutely zero follow through. I give it a 2/10. Micros have done better. 

• Like 3

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

57 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Lol that wasn't long.

Seriously want to hear the  reason why it was fine to intervene in game politics this time.

It's not like he would change war for mechanics in the middle of a war. 

• Upvote 1

Actually the reason he intervened is because a long time ago it was said somewhere that if there is an alliance with no leadership (IE: No heirs/Leaders or ALL Heirs/Leaders are Vacation Mode) you can request him to intervene and he will promote the next person up. Those are the DM some sent and probably had no response from Alex. However there were two OTHER messages sent.

"Sheepy, what can we do if an alliance member performs a coup and then enters Vacation Mode immediately after demoting all heirs?"

and 

"I am Ridcully of Arcania of Pantheon. I messaged you on Discord as well. We had a coup that occurred in the government and they demoted all heirs and then entered Vacation Mode. I am aware that you cannot leave VM early. Is there any way to promote me to Leader while they are in Vacation mode to prevent the collapse of the alliance or is VM Couping considered a legitimate tactic in the eyes of the Game to collapse an alliance?

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Ridcully"

Read and remember the rules. Sometimes they work in your favor.

Edited by Ridcully7a
adjusted wording of first sentence and capitalization.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

Being in VM isn't the same as no leadership. 

You used the moderation of the game to undo a coup. Its not "the rules" and if it is, it shouldn't be. Sheepy should not interfere in politics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

@Alex if I let you delete 150m of my money, would you promote me to Leader of Rose? Is this considered a legitimate tactic in the eyes of the game?

Thanks for your time and consideration,

CuppyCakeYums

Edited by CuppyCakeYums
Words
  • Like 3

Dorky Weeb Two

932112515_z23jHkk-Imgur.png.81dd52a14449c4172a2f4ff46c92439b.png

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I actually with Alex on this one, I think it was the right course of action. VM is meant for people to temporarily pause playing while they have other distractions IRL. It's not meant to avoid wars or paralyze alliances by taking control and them VMing so that regardless of further politics / negotiating between players, it is now impossible to actually do anything for 2 weeks. It's pretty clear VM abuse, and I think we should be more strict on that, not less (especially with wartime shenanigans). If he had stayed in power and tried to hold the alliance hostage, raise the taxes, etc, that would be another thing and he absolutely should not be removed in such cases.

Edit: In light of the very misleading message sent by Pantheon (hadn't seen that previously), maybe a better course of action would have been to just force the nation out of VM. Either way though, he absolutely should not have been allowed to VM while the sole leader of the AA.

I'd almost agree, but forcing a nation out of VM opens an entirely separate can of worms than an arbitrary admin-based promotion, since it gives a precedent for VM to be ended early. For all the shenanigans VM allows, the two weeks has at least always been sacrosanct; changing that would remove one of the few real constants in the cheese meta.

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I'd almost agree, but forcing a nation out of VM opens an entirely separate can of worms than an arbitrary admin-based promotion, since it gives a precedent for VM to be ended early. For all the shenanigans VM allows, the two weeks has at least always been sacrosanct; changing that would remove one of the few real constants in the cheese meta.

I agree, I would not arbitrarily force someone out of Vacation Mode. While I do not really believe they were on a vacation in this case, I would never make the assumption that someone is abusing Vacation Mode and force them to leave early (as that could have really awful consequences if they were suddenly away from the game for 14+ days, thinking their nation was protected, when it was not. That would be very unfair when they came back to a destroyed nation because I made an arbitrary judgement call.)

• Like 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

My opinion on what would be ideal is for everyone to be able to promote themselves one level if there is no-one at all above them; with the following rules:

(A). If there is no leader, then the heir can promote themselves up to leader; if the leader is VM, the heir can remove the leader from the alliance outright and then therefore promote themselves up to leader in that order, if multiple heirs whoever does it first gets it
(B). If there is no leader AND no heir, then any single officer can promote themselves up to heir, and therefore up to leader, in that order, first on the draw gets it; if there is no leader or the leader is VM and the heir is VM, then any single officer can remove the absentee heir and/or leader and therefore do the thing (in order, first come first serve)
(C). If there is no leader AND no heir AND no officers outside of VM, then any member can simply promote themselves to officer and therefore heir and therefore leader. If all of the leadership are VM then any member can boot 'em all and take control.

For extra shenanigans, let applicants count as members for the purposes of these rules :3

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators

For the sake of transparency, I am going to post logs from a similar but unrelated moderation action I took today (just now, really.) This is essentially the same type of process that was followed for Pantheon's leader situation, with some obvious differences because it's a different situation.

In this case, I restored The United Empire of ZahAharon's bank because the guy who stole is had multiple nations and was in violation of the game rules. I.E. He cheated to steal it, so the alliance shouldn't be punished because he cheated.

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Screenshot of the bank records for transparency:

image.png

The alliance used to facilitate the transfers: https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=5372

The other multi nation: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=155866 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link