Baseball buff

James Hutton

I think it would be really nifty (and make investing baseball worth it) if stadiums(the city improvement) has an affect to increase the revenue of ticket sales by 2.5% per stadium improvement, with a max cap of 52.5% (or 21 stadium improvements, or 3 stadiums in 7 cities). The weird number is because stadiums are maxed at 3 stadiums per city.

Baseball is a very powerful investment, but it is very time consuming and costs a lot of money to use, deterring many players away from it and favoring more conventional methods of revenue such as trade, maxing commerce, or through Raids. By increasing the rewards with something that players can better influence, more people would actually use baseball. However, even a 52.5% increase in ticket sales isn't as much as you would think, because a match produces an average of $6000, and a 52.5% increase would mean a match would make it $9150 per match, witch isn't much unless you grind baseball with another person for an hour making well over 10K per hour. 

To balance this mechanic, I believe that a increase in the cost of stadiums from &100000 and 40 steel/50 aluminum to $150000 and 50 steel/50 aluminum would work.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Yeah man I like this idea! The increase of cost in stadiums is pretty okay also. Will they keep their commerce increase?

inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

I'm never going to make back what I invested in Baseball without some kind of buff to it; takes to long. So I'm all for giving it some kind of buff & tying it to Stadiums make sense. Already Shopping Malls tend to be more effective at lower population levels & a lot cheaper; so giving Stadiums a baseball buff is actually a good idea.

• Upvote 1

The best buff to baseball would be more along the lines of both players getting ticket money instead of just the host team; say each individual game is actually a set of both a home and an away game. The reason I don't do baseball is because I don't want to go through the insane hassle of embargoing literally everyone in the game individually so I can grind baseball with just those that reliably tip.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The best buff to baseball would be more along the lines of both players getting ticket money instead of just the host team; say each individual game is actually a set of both a home and an away game. The reason I don't do baseball is because I don't want to go through the insane hassle of embargoing literally everyone in the game individually so I can grind baseball with just those that reliably tip.

What he said, although I like the OP suggestion as well, all except for increasing the cost of stadiums because well, people who don't play baseball shouldn't be hindered by this and neither would the people who don't play baseball (also, the majority) agree to that change.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

This has always been the main issue with baseball and the push for embargoes was dodging the real problem, Alex is opposed to making changes to baseball so it would take a big push from players to ever get this addressed.

Edited by Galerion
  • Upvote 1

On 3/14/2019 at 3:57 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Was wondering why people send me small amounts of cash.

Although I don’t mind tipping 100k-200k+ if somebody plays 30+ games plus with me rapidly hosting. Doesn’t take long if somebody plays as soon as somebody hosts.

Alex is clear here about his thoughts on baseball and unfortunately he is rigid to his original vision on how baseball will be played. He totally ignores the reality of only a handful of people repeatedly hosting for his grand vision of 60 or more different nations repeatedly hosting, so we are stuck with the way it is because @Alex isn't being objective on this topic.

• Upvote 1