City doesn't generate revenue (powered) bug.

Compton

I recently purchased my 9th city.  With every other one of my cities I noticed an increase in net revenue per turn of around 20,000 per turn. Before buying my next city, my net income per turn was 188,000.  After purchasing my 9th city, Pine Grove, I fully developed it to my 1600/1600 standard.  I equipped it to the exact same standard as the other cities with the exception of coal mines instead of iron mines.  Upon revisiting the revenue page I found that my revenue per turn only increase by 3,000 per turn.  The city is powered and has 5 coal mines, 1 steel mill, 100% commerce.  The expenses of the city only totaled 7,500 per turn but should have a gross income of 34,000 per turn according to the formula.  I believe this is a bug because I should've seen an increase in profit of 26,000 per turn instead of 3,000 per turn.  When I purchased the city I DID NOT build up my military,  it stayed the same.  The city is 100% powered by a Nuclear power plant and I have plenty of Uranium.  I have enough resources to run the steel mills.  I am very certain that I've not overlooked anything.  Every other city I own I never saw an issue with until my 9th.  All of which are powered and built to the same standard.

Have you factored in the loss of New Player Bonus? If you check your Revenue page, you will see it just under National Tax Revenue. At 8 cities it was 30%, now at 9 cities it is 20%.

Cities 10 & 11 will feel like even more of a stall, because as the bonus is acting on larger and larger incomes, the loss of 10% will be larger and larger.

Sparqs New Bloxhelm sig v4 title v1 text v1 flag v2.png

• Administrators

As long as it has power, it's very unlikely there's anything wrong with it, bug-wise.

I would guess your loss in expected revenue may come from the loss of the New Player Bonus, as Sparqs has suggested.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

The problem isn’t the new player bonus either, a 1600/1600 city should see more than a 3k per turn increase.  Doing the calculation the new player bonus only reduces the revenue by 2.6k out of 26k.  Another reason it’s not the new player bonus is because with my other cities I never had this issue when I bought them and developed them.  If you do the math I should’ve recieved a 24.4k increase while I only received a 3k per turn increase.  Although theres a 10% new player bonus loss in ALL the cities, it should not reduce my income that greatly, and also, when I purchased my 8th city, New Cosbian,and developed it, (even with the loss of 10% bonus) the city still raised my per turn income by around 20k.

I'm at 9 cities myself, with a similar build-out, and I still think it is the New Player Bonus. As you point out, that's a 10% loss from all cities' gross income. If each one is making $26K, multiplied by the 8 previous cities, that's $208K. 10% of that is $20,800.

From my observation, the reduction in New Player Bonus doesn't occur until day change at midnight, server time. Perhaps when you purchased your 8th city you checked the revenue before day change and thus did not see the reduction caused by the loss of the NPB.

• Administrators
On 3/6/2019 at 12:55 AM, Sparqs said:

From my observation, the reduction in New Player Bonus doesn't occur until day change at midnight, server time.

That's not correct. The reduction in New Player Bonus happens instantaneously (though it technically isn't realized until the next turn change, but your revenue page will update immediately.)

On 3/5/2019 at 11:58 PM, Compton said:

The problem isn’t the new player bonus either, a 1600/1600 city should see more than a 3k per turn increase.  Doing the calculation the new player bonus only reduces the revenue by 2.6k out of 26k.  Another reason it’s not the new player bonus is because with my other cities I never had this issue when I bought them and developed them.  If you do the math I should’ve recieved a 24.4k increase while I only received a 3k per turn increase.  Although theres a 10% new player bonus loss in ALL the cities, it should not reduce my income that greatly, and also, when I purchased my 8th city, New Cosbian,and developed it, (even with the loss of 10% bonus) the city still raised my per turn income by around 20k.

Maybe it's something else then, perhaps your alliance increased their tax rates and you're not factoring that change into your net income calculation? Maybe you started a war - being at war increases your military upkeep costs significantly.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 11:16 AM, Alex said:

That's not correct. The reduction in New Player Bonus happens instantaneously (though it technically isn't realized until the next turn change, but your revenue page will update immediately.)

That was not the case just now when I purchased City 10. New Player Bonus continued to show 20% on the Revenue page (with corresponding Gross Income numbers) after the purchase. It updated to 10% at the next Turn, which was also the next Day, so I'm not sure which triggered it.

Also, you can check my Revenue Log which shows that I received the 20% bonus at the midnight (server time) payout, dropping to 10% at the 2:00 AM payout.

Here are a few revenue snapshots with approximate server time and status notes at the top:

image.thumb.png.8838452d53d0a84176e5c3dbf00ec79e.png