Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Prefontaine

Image links for VIP keep breaking.

Recommended Posts

Considering this a service that requires credits, which requires money it should be working better than virtually all other aspects of your game @Alex I routinely have to reload all images linked to my account for military units, portrait, cover image etc. Those images are also host on the recommended site, Imgur. Please refund 1 credit to my account due to this poor programming.

 

EDIT: To be clear the images did work for a period of time, then suddenly stopped.

Edited by Prefontaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Considering this a service that requires credits, which requires money it should be working better than virtually all other aspects of your game @Alex I routinely have to reload all images linked to my account for military units, portrait, cover image etc. Those images are also host on the recommended site, Imgur. Please refund 1 credit to my account due to this poor programming.

 

EDIT: To be clear the images did work for a period of time, then suddenly stopped.

I wouldn't use Imgur - Pretty sure they have blacklisted our site for displaying their images.

If you see somewhere where it says Imgur is still the recommended site, please let me know so that I can fix that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex said:

I wouldn't use Imgur - Pretty sure they have blacklisted our site for displaying their images.

If you see somewhere where it says Imgur is still the recommended site, please let me know so that I can fix that.

Literally the first thing in VIP says to use imgur and links to their site. 

 

Portrait

As a VIP, you can update your Portrait to an image of your choosing. Your portrait is displayed on your nation page, at a maximum size of 150 pixels by 150 pixels. You must enter a URL to another site where your Portrait is hosted, so if you have a saved file upload it to a site like Imgur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, Alex said:

Thanks, I'll fix that.

And my refund @Alex ? You can remove my VIP, I don't want to bother wasting the time to fix all the images I spent time to upload and resize. So please refund my credit. Clearly it's an administrator mistake which still listed a broken hosting service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre, if you want to keep your images maybe also try making the imgur link http instead of https. That's what solved a lot of the broken image issues with imgur before.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

Pre, if you want to keep your images maybe also try making the imgur link http instead of https. That's what solved a lot of the broken image issues with imgur before.

Will see if that fix lasts longer than refreshing the links. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 7:45 AM, Prefontaine said:

Will see if that fix lasts longer than refreshing the links. Thanks.

No problem, hope it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.