Cease-Fire

Mohammad

Where military action could stop, but war could keep goin on.

SO if thier is a global nuclear winter, then the war can keep going on, while no military action occurs

it would have to be mutaly agreed, and could last for x turns/and or be renwed every n turns

the 5 day time limit for a war would be paused while in ceasefire

MAP would still go up, but caps at 12

you can only foritfy

ideas?

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Ryan1 said:

you need werk on english my frend

He has a foreign name, just because he isn't from an English speaking country doesn't mean you can tease people for not speaking fluent English.

9 hours ago, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

snip

I kinda like your idea, although it seems that it would be somewhat difficult to code into the game. And if there was to be a global nuclear war and a game-mandated cease fire was put into place, how would the game know who was involved in the war or not? What about smaller nations and micro wars not apart of the global war? Seems a bit obstructive to me.

inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

7 hours ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

He has a foreign name, just because he isn't from an English speaking country doesn't mean you can tease people for not speaking fluent English.

I kinda like your idea, although it seems that it would be somewhat difficult to code into the game. And if there was to be a global nuclear war and a game-mandated cease fire was put into place, how would the game know who was involved in the war or not? What about smaller nations and micro wars not apart of the global war? Seems a bit obstructive to me.

Just a joke my friend lol

This is a somewhat interesting idea however. I don't like it but it could be fun to discuss.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 12:59 AM, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

the 5 day time limit for a war would be paused while in ceasefire

No.

You'd be asking it to be exploited by keeping people slotted nearly infinitely. By design, ceasefires would need to be an exception to the slotfilling rules because otherwise, people would end up being punished for using a mechanic on it's intended way. Even if Alex were to put a hardcap on how long you can keep the ceasefire in effect, it'd very likely be exploited within those limits.

That aside, it'd be an useless mechanic. If one side has the definitive advantage, there's no incentive for it to take the ceasefire when it can just steamroll the other side. As for those who're fairly even, then what exactly are you accomplishing? Being able to just build up on the parity?

For all intents and purposes, people can do a similar if not nearly identical thing as you're proposing by peacing out and then redeclaring war. The main difference militarily would be MAP's, which if anything would make the restart of the war more interesting.

So no, Alex shouldn't waste time coding this because, at best, it's an useless feature that'll only be used by clueless individuals, and at worst it'll be exploited as a way to legally slotfill, which would very likely end up with it's removal due to a massive influx of reports. So at the end it'd be wasted effort.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi
  • Upvote 1

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

• Administrators

As far as I can tell, there's no need to include a specific cease-fire mechanic. Two nations can message each other, agree to a cease-fire, and then just not attack each other for whatever period of time while still at war if they so choose.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link