War Offensive

Mohammad

A new Military Action, to be called "Offensive"

Cost: 12 MAP

Units: all conventional forces

so basically all attacks happen simitaniusly, and they have an x% buff

it would encourage longer periods of "peace" on the front o allow for changes in nation builds, mobilization, but also allow for a device "battle", in which the tide of war could be turned 180. In addition, if it is a 3 v 1 war, then 3 offensives could cripple a nations army completely.

maybe it could have a nerf, such as the fact you pay x times more munitions and gasoline, and that the attack only happens after a turn of "planning" in which the enemy is informed that you are planning an attack. Maybe even the enemy gets a "buff"/ attacker gets a "nerf" in which the attacker gains x% more casualties while defending.

please propose to add on/ take away form this.

• Like 1

So... basically what you're saying is, for 12 MAPs you could have a ground attack, air attack, AND naval attack at once? For only a small price of one extra MAP, AND with an x% buff? Seems kinda overpowered for me, also it'd take a fair bit of proccessing power to calculate all the different attacks and unit loss, money gain etc. Might be a bit hard on the server.

• Upvote 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ehhh... there's a lot of issues here, but one that stands out in particular is the order of operations. If you did an offensive and you're high on ground but low on air, would the ground attack be processed first and thus earn you a better airstrike, or would the airstrike be processed first and thus cripple you? And how would the navy really interact with the other two branches? It's a creative idea, but alas, poorly thought out.

• Upvote 2

On 2/28/2019 at 4:46 AM, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

so basically all attacks happen simitaniusly, and they have an x% buff

This makes no sense, it would get a nation blocked and give AS and GC at the same time. 

Ps: the upvote was for you actually typing out the whole word :P keep that going fam ^^

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

On 3/8/2019 at 6:15 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Ehhh... there's a lot of issues here, but one that stands out in particular is the order of operations. If you did an offensive and you're high on ground but low on air, would the ground attack be processed first and thus earn you a better airstrike, or would the airstrike be processed first and thus cripple you? And how would the navy really interact with the other two branches? It's a creative idea, but alas, poorly thought out.

I make this bare bone idea, and this is what i like to get.

SO yes, thier would have to be some way to customize the order of operations. But then, why would alex code a war offensive innthe first place?

My idea behind this is, that it would take heavy investment to do one offensive, and this mimicks real life. If the offesnive sucsseds then     you can make massive gains. However if it fils you will be f***ed up. 

I think for it to work in PW, thier has to be some debiffs. I suggested that when you order an offensive, thier need sot be a plannning phase. In toher words when you click launch offensive thier is a buffer zone of around 1 turn, (subject to change as more peopel comment). During this phase your army would eb a sitting uck to an enemy attack. 

I think that this idea needs some debffs, but not too many or else it would be pointless, unless you are in complete contorl of the situation. 

On 3/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, MonkeyDLegend said:

This makes no sense, it would get a nation blocked and give AS and GC at the same time. 

Ps: the upvote was for you actually typing out the whole word :P keep that going fam ^^

The idea is to allow for masive battles, a win/lose it all scenario that would make it more "fun" if i may. See above for more explanation

no grammar errors :)

just 4 u